2016 Store Championships in Michigan, U.S.A

I called Mike’s Comics and the person that answered said that he didn’t sign up for a Store Championship. He said someone must be imitating their store. Weird.

I’m taking them off the list until I hear otherwise.

EDIT: Actually, the number on FFG’s list is wrong, it should be (586) 716-9511. Talked to them and they said they’ll schedule one in February/March.

I spoke with the fellow who does the scheduling at Fanfare in Kalamazoo and he said he’s waiting until he has the Store Championship kit in hand to schedule. Like voltorocks said, it will be near the end of the season. He’s going to make every effort to not overlap any others though.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I think having a list like this helps avoid overlap.

I know this thread is about the great lead-poisoned state of Mighigan, but down south about 15 minutes from the border in the algae-watered lands of Toledo we have 2 store championships this year. The first one is on 2/27 at Frogtown Hobbies at 1 PM (registration at noon), and the second one is on 3/19 at CheckMate Games and Hobbies at 12 PM (registration at 11). Both are $10 entries. I guess that means registration will start at 11 as is common.

edit: corrected the start times

2 Likes

Hey @Zolend or @AaronSolon, do either of you have any details on Hollow Mountain’s event?

Big Kids Games completed their Championship yesterday. Congrats @Ion. @spags would appreciate this:

I plan updating winner with each completed tournament. And add winning decklist when I see them.

4 Likes

This was a fun event! Congrats to @Ion on a very tough pair of finals matches (well, the first one wasn’t that tough for you I guess, what with my deck shitting the bed…). SYNC was a great meta call to contrast the sea of purple and the runners (like me) planning on beating them, and you played it expertly!

Big props to the Metro area crew for coming out in force and for their ridiculous matching T-shirts that were super intimidating :smiley: Very friendly players all day, tons of great matches. Also want to give a shout to @TheBriarfox who ran a very organised and fun event (even with a few hiccups) and also brought us BBQ!

(edit: added Ty’s stimhack handle)

2 Likes

Ty is @TheBriarfox :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@tvaduva Update on Kalamazoo’s SC at Fanfare Games.
(Feb 27th, 10am)

In the past this has been a pretty low key event with 8-12 people, but we have space to host more - plus the early time will hopefully mean time left afterwards for beer? we have a few great spots in town, including at least one that is games-friendly.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. I updated the opening post and the Metro Detroit Netrunner group, although there might be some competition for players in the area for the Toledo Store Champ on the same day.

Yeah, I was actually thinking about going to that one… I think there just wasn’t any way to avoid a conflict! I won’t deny taking some comfort in the possibility that I won’t have to contend with the fearsome Macho Men of Metro Detroit being there in force :smiley:

Right you are. At this point there is a store championship each weekend (starting with this past weekend) into March. Three weekends left in March, 3 events yet to be scheduled.

Just a bummer that a conflict may result in less people going to Fanfare, because Kzoo is a pretty cool place to visit.

Added East Lansing.

We just had the largest Store Championship in Michigan yesterday with 34 players at Eternal Games. There was 5 rounds and a cut to top 8. This was the unique post-Kala Ghoda/pre-NAPD Most Wanted List four day meta. Chris won with Noise and RP (links in the opening post). Ryan (@greyfield) came in second with a SYNC and his take on Jesminder (decklist hopefully forthcoming). I scraped by to third with Noise and Haarpsichord.

1 Like

Here was my Jesminder list:

Event (17)
1x Code Siphon
3x Diesel
1x Legwork ••
1x Levy AR Lab Access
3x Modded
3x Quality Time
3x Sure Gamble
2x Vamp ••••

Hardware (9)
3x Clone Chip
2x Maya
1x Plascrete Carapace
3x R&D Interface

Resource (5)
1x Artist Colony
1x Film Critic
1x Sacrificial Construct
2x Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (5)
1x Atman
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1
1x Gordian Blade
1x Mimic •

Program (9)
1x Clot ••
1x D4v1d ••••
3x Magnum Opus
1x Parasite ••
3x Self-modifying Code

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

The deck tried to be a strange hybrid of Opus Vamp Kit’s game plan with The Book of Kate’s program suite, and was sort of lacking in both departments, but Maya is a sweet card, and Artist Colony has also been underrated. I agree with the general consensus at Eternal Games on Saturday that the best direction to move is probably toward StimShop. I also suspect that Jesminder is still going to be a bit of a meta call rather than a true Tier 1 contender.

6 Likes

Nice work, Ryan! I like that your list doesn’t just try to pack in synergy at the expense of the core set of good shaper tutor/recursion/efficient breaker tools. I think I disagree with the “stimshop” direction, if I’m understanding that correctly, but you’ve obviously got more experience with the list than me!

Maya is the console shapers have been waiting for, IMO :slight_smile:

I ended up 4-2 with High-Stakes, No Plascretes Kenny and 4-2 with HB NEXT Tricks; nice symmetry.

You are my spirit animal.

1 Like

Added the New Baltimore event date. Confirmed that GrandLAN will not happen because the store closed and the kit went to another store on FFG’s waitlist. So all store championships have been scheduled.

Added the Fun 4 All winner to the opening post. Will post links to decklist when I get them. (Edit: Just got them and linked them above. He used @anon50033301’s decks from ChiLo).

Full credit to @anon50033301 for the decks!

1 Like

I forgot to post my lists. I used Kookoobah’s Gabe Drug Dealer Gabe · NetrunnerDB for runner and a Syncrobiotics deck based on some stuff I’ve seen: Syncrobiotics - SC 4th Seed, 1st Place Pre-MWL · NetrunnerDB

1 Like