Swapsies — the Deva Breakers

Sadly these breakers only help with Resistor and Archangel. You can’t break Turing with Vama.

2 Likes

@CJFM is correct that Aghora takes into account rez cost modifiers. But, you don’t have to worry about remembering the cost they paid to rez. You just have to keep track of the modifiers that affect the rez cost at the time of breaking. So, Reina, EBC, Surat doesn’t affect the cost after the ice is rezzed. For Brain Taping Warehouse, you have to figure how much the rez cost is lowered by the clicks you have left when you’re making the run on the Bioroid; you may delay your run until last click so that it doesn’t get a discount.

Most runner will probably just use Rook and Xanadu, because their effects last even after the ice rezzed. But, if Rook is moved, you may not be able to break with Aghora.

Rook + Aghora is kinda cool. Maybe Reina Headlock wants it?

That was my thinking. Between Xanadu and Rook, you probably are going to be able to break just about anything.

Also, it costs 1 more than eater and gets you an access.

As I clarified earlier, Reina’s ability doesn’t help Aghora. But, you may choose her as your identity for other strategic decisions.

Fixed it.

Between Xanadu and Rook you should be good to go.

1 Like

Right, it’s just the 0 and 1 cost ice that you have to worry about. Just pack a bunch of Parasites, which you’ll do anyway since you’re likely running this out of Anarch.

You’re right! I forgot she was still an AI.

Knight would also probably work, but Parasite is always better for those dinky 0-1 cost ice.

I mean, I think you still run David here.

Niche breakers/rigs have to be obscenely efficient to be worth considering, IMO. Pancha+Deus X/Sharpshooter is a good example. As it stands, these Deva are not efficient at anything. I don’t think anyone should waste too much time or effort in trying to get them to work.

1 Like

I kind of agree. I think outside of maybe a headlock reina deck and the panchatantra deck, don’t run these.

Me too, but I think they close some interesting gaps that need a proper study.

Ex: there is almost no etr that stands with Aghora & a regular Anarch suite (there is still Archer though).
I wonder what are the benefits of Vamadeva with a Peacock & Aurora rig : this need to be studied. Influence can be used for splashing cool stuff instead of breakers (Desperado, Multiaccess & some tutor / recursivity).

Maybe those cards would help to play a no-influence breaker suite.
Or maybe not.

Does Aghora fit into a reg-ass Anarch build? Archer is the most obvious gap, but it would be an option to deal with Lotus field, or a server backed up by Navi-Mumbai.

Assuming the basic suite of Corroder + Mimic + Yog.0, here’s a list of ICE that cost <5 and with a strength of >3.

A single Xanadu brings a lot of the most problematic ICE into Anghora range (in particular Archangel, Mother Goddess, Archer). Adding a Net Ready Eyes covers a bunch more (Cortex Lock, News Hound, Rainbow, Viper), with the note that you have to pick a subtype. If you’re running on unknown ICE I’d pick Sentry. There are more Code Gates in the list, but they don’t see as much play.

This leaves this list, of which only one piece of ICE, TMI, has a hard End The Run subroutine. It could totally work, IMO.

5 Likes

I like that a lot! It seems like a reasonable breaker setup that we’ve seen in the past, Mimic, Yog, NRE, and corroder with Aghora as a backup instead of D4. Xanadu pushes Archer and Archangel into Aghora range.

Alternatively, if we run with Null, we can use his ID ability and NRE to catch those ICE as well.

Ravana 1.0 is actually a pretty problematic ICE (though Null does help), being cost 3 and strength 5.

In the end, we probably want Parasucker in this deck anyways, which would cover all of the gaps if we have enough DS tokens.

The term ‘swap’ is not ‘uninstall’ so it’s possible they do work with personal touch.

By the moment it leaves the table, it is uninstalled imo.

1 Like

I was ready to say you were wrong, but you are right.

The Personal Touch is trashed. Wrong call, imo, but it is the rules.

1 Like

I’m just glad they settled on a ruling that was deeply inconvenient and made the cards worse.

3 Likes