Swapsies — the Deva Breakers

I agree. It would have made the swap mechanic actually worth something.

Too bad.

2 Likes

I think the idea is nice but it allready belongs to the elephant’s lost cemetery (with caissa & stuff).

Before it existed.

You really have to need those 3-4MU.

The only ID that could find a profit, to me, are Apex & maaaaaaybe Khan.

But those decks are so strange that I can’t really describe those.

Apex : Exfiltrate one deva breaker before Apoc (say you have Aghora in double in grip, and Vamadeva on table, 2c swap, then Apoc). Profit of your MU for Hunger (with the console out). Labyrinthine system. But, hey, Apex. You signed for this. You have 7 inf left for money & draw (you can’t play this in x2, you need full x3, or else combo will never materialize - 2x : 2 chances out of X, 3x : 6 chances out of X).

Khan : Well, err, stuff. Maybe. Depends of the console. The 2c swap means you can have instantly a breaker in hand. If the console gives you something nice with a breaker install (say trash some unrez remote, or gain clic, or…, I don’t know), this could be some control over it, maaaybe.

I like the idea of test run multithreader to get them onto the board.

I think pairing these with Sage is actually a very cool concept, especially if you can find a good reason to support Sage, like deep red + rook for instance. Memstrips in faction! You can even use rook on 1 ice, bishop on a big ice to shrink it to save cost on aghora, or allow Sage to break turing early.

One of the best sentry breakers in the game is Sadyojata with Panera. I think finding a way to leverage panera and lean on sadyojata, but still have good reason to swap in the other breakers seems like the best way to do this. Some sort of anarch reina denial deck that uses caissa, xanadu, etc. With Devas for sentries and odds and ends ice, and Sage for the real stuff (finally a use for dyson fractal as a recurring credit for breaking?), you might have the worlds weirdest semi-viable deck.

What is the list of ice a (presumably sufficiently strength’ed) Sage + Devas can’t break? Did we just find a viable Adam rig that actually uses multithreaders???

3 Likes

Is Architect enough?

1 Like

Depends he cant be everywhere. Also 2 panera still beats it XD

or one Xanadu…

LLDS Processor, anyone?

LLDS is on install sadly.

Swap…are there any upsides? It really should be the runner version of morph, considering the theme on these particular cards.

i guess test run->swap makes them cheap, so that’s an advantage?

Archer…

He may want Xanadu, since Architect and Archer are pretty ugly for him, but at 4c rez, they can be pushed into range.

Or he can just fall back on ABR + e3

The problem remains “would you have 4 cards to beat most of ice or 3 regular breakers to beat most of ice, including all etr & trash prog ice”, no ?

If you want to beat all ice, you need regular breaker + 1 ai. That is still 4 cards ?

1 Like

I know people have—rightfully so—dismissed both the swapping aspect of these & treating them as a suite rather than individually, but I just wanted to add an observation: they’re terribly weak to on-access net damage like Snare!, Shock!, & Fetal AI since you’re holding needed breakers in grip. I played an all-Deva deck against a spiky Palana yesterday & by the end had lost 2/3rds of my breaker suite to damage. Still won by mill, tho :sweat:

Oh and to Salem’s obviously, which is everywhere these days.

1 Like