Sweeps Weekly Open

The sign up is just for this weekend, or in general. I’m also interested, but can’t make this weekend.

1 Like

the sign up is just for this weekend
we will be adding more weekends after the beta

I have added a few things over the last 24 hours
Stimhack Slack channel for Result Submissions
Challonge Rules and Description
Fully functioning discord server with 20 channels for match communication with your opponent, Discord will also have a briefing happening at 6pm to make sure everyone is on the same page before we start. There will be admins/judges in the Discord at all times and you my drag and drop them into your room in case you ever have a issue

if there is anything else people would like to suggest to create a better experience for yourself and others please Email me at Jnetopen@gmail.com

I have a few questions about match reporting. From the rules on Challonge:

(Please submit the matches in the following format)

Name of Opponent -
Wins =
Losses =
Timed Win =
Tied Match =

Questions: Do you want both players to report, or should they just agree on one of them to report? Does “Tied Match” mean "tied games?" Why is there no row for “Timed loss”? When someone reports a timed win and a normal win, which of these do you expect (ignoring the other fields):

Wins = 2
Timed Win = 1

or

Wins = 1
Timed Win = 1

or something else?

I will fix these up tonight thanks for bringing those unclear instructions to my attention :slight_smile:

Both players should come to agreement on who submit entry
(Please submit the matches in the following format)

Name of User-
Name of Opponent -

Wins =
Losses =
Timed Win =
Tied Game =

e.g. I lost my first game and won my second based on time it would look like this

Name of User-Nemonix
Name of Opponent -Echo

Wins = 1
Losses = 1
Timed Win = 1
Tied Game = 0

always list every category that is viable for instance if you get a Timed win also submit that you won

The section has been changed to make it more clear on how you should submit your scores

the reason for there not being a Timed loss is because you don’t not gain prestige for timed losses from what I have read

No, but your opponent does, so if only one person is reporting, they might need to report their timed loss so their opponent can get the correct prestige.

How was the beta weekend?

It went really well the only errors were on my end so easily fixed :smiley:

Hey Netrunner community
The Jinteki.net Open Beta went really well
with only a few issues involving the live stream, we are looking to continue our work and have another Great Tournament this week.
We are looking for a Artist at the moment to help with creating overlays and help to create some of the future prizes
this would be a great way to show off your work in the community and your work will be shown all over the stream
If you want to help please Contact Jnetopen@gmail.com
The second beta test Challonge bracket is also up and ready for anyone who wants to sign up, - http://jnet.challonge.com/Beta2
I forgot to put the Stream in here on Saturday, so once the stream is up on Youtube i will make sure to link it.

5 Likes

Please share and let people know that week 2 is happening http://jnet.challonge.com/Beta2

Right hey guys I’m really looking into prize support, and atm we have some really cool things that we want to give to the community as a prizes.
we are looking at full size custom play mats, really shiny :open_mouth: tokens, carbon fibre based ID cards, plus many other things like recent data packs for people who don’t have them.

so looking into the costs i would be able to buy most the prizes atleast twice a month but that would only be for top player on 2 of the 4 weeks in the month as the costs are expensive. the player that won them would have to pay postage if there was more then $5 postage.

there could be prize support for top 3 and no postage charges if we added a pay to play fee like normal SC but it would be cheaper. that is option 1

we could collectively try to put a pateron for the jinteki.net prize pool, this method i would make content for people who gave to the pateron, eg custom videos with the winner from each week talking about decks and match ups. that is option 2

is there other options for better prize support regardless to what you guys can provide I will likely be doing prize support for beta 3 to test how much it would cost me and how it would work.

Hello @Nemonix,
Thank you so much for making this possible.

I would like to participate on November 26. I have a few questions though:

1. I read that the tournament style would be both Swiss and double elimination? Did I get that right? If yes, how can it be both? My understanding is that it can only be 1.
  2. How long will the tournament be?
  3. While I am quite familiar with A:NR, I am not that familiar with tournament rules and advanced rulings. If this is not okay, is there any place I could read up about tournament structure?

I feel like the best way I can help is to provide clear documentation for newbies to understand what’s going on better, and to provide intermediate players with some sort of resource. If this could be of some use, I can email you and see what I can do.

With regards to the sponsoring for the prizes, I have an idea. Maybe you can do a indie gogo campaign for each ‘season’, ( where what a season is exactly will be explained below ), and backers can contribute 1$, 5$, 10$ or 20$.

Once you have the money, you can provide recent data packs, cash prizes or whatever the community / you see fit. The backers get their money worth through the following ways:

1$: Their name is mentioned on the streaming of the finals.
5$: Their name is mentioned on the plaque / prize along with whoever gets the prize.
10$: A company logo or ( non-offensive message for individuals ) can be displayed for the streaming
20$: A 10 second ad provided by a company can be played.

With respect to a season, maybe a season could be 3 months of tournaments held each week, with a ‘meta’ cut where the winners of each month / week duke it out in a final royale.

The campaign goal for each season on indie gogo can be around 200 USD*. It would also be cool if a portion of the backer-money can go back towards supporting the resources being used heavily for the tournament.

*Rough number, for example purposes only.

I am looking at crowd funding from Patreon at the moment but i do like the idea of having seasons
as for the rules we are following as much as the ANR Store championship rules as possible
we do have a few people donating alt art cards and other stuff already to send out and we will be testing a prize giving tournament next week so week 3

they are Swiss and then broken into a double elim based on how many users we have playing for a given week

last week it took us 6 hours to do a full bracket :slight_smile: but about 4 hours and 30 minutes for just Swiss rounds

1 Like

1 Day left to sign up for this weeks open :slight_smile:

there will be back dated prize support for beta 2

I like the new name.

It’s awesome what you’re doing with the prizes. Those lego alts look excellent. I look forward to having time to compete.

The First official week is up

http://jnet.challonge.com/SWO1

please message me on Slack if you have any questions

we will soon be starting a Patreon, this will give us a few resources if we are lucky. everything that the Patreon will provide will be directly put back into Prize Support and Streaming Services

3 Likes

Must add there is Prize Support for Week 1 and more then likely will continue to have prize support as long as my community connections keep providing them

We have set up a Patreon
all the proceeds go directly towards prize support

1 Like