Tag the Message

This deck is my fist go at building a deck around NBN: Controlling the Message. It is largely based on @PeekaySK awesome “Tuition Sucks” deck.

I spent a good long time trying to add a kill option to no avail. 12 Influence just doesn’t go very far. If anyone can think of a way, do let me know!

We’ve been proxying in the new cards in anticipation of 23 second’s release, and so far it works pretty well. Popular Anarch decks can mess me up if I don’t get set up in time. But I tell you, if things go your way and you can land a lot of tags (which this does fairly rapidly), Phychoing a Project Beal ends things pretty quickly.

CC welcome!

Tag the Message

NBN: Controlling the Message (23 Seconds)

Agenda (11)

Asset (7)

Operation (20)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (3)

Sentry (3)

6 influence spent (max 12-3☆=9)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to 23 Seconds

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

my initial take was to go heavily down the asset spam route to maximize the ID ability (or if they ignore, guarantee the benefit) with some tag punishment to back it up.

I haven’t tested it at all yet

http://meteor.stimhack.com/decks/xaexYvgg6gkTdYvTs/

Ooh I like your too! This deck has been in a constant state of flux for a week. I’m sure that won’t stop any time soon :slight_smile:

I had closed accounts in for a wee while but the runners had so little money it didn’t really pull it’s weight.

I do think I need to add some virus protection back in though.

This deck seems better out of Making News than Controlling The Message. There aren’t many “Must Trash” assets or upgrades and you do a lot more tracing than forcing the trash.

You might right

I originally had way more assets (eg san san city grid, though that doesn’t really help) but gradually swapped out for operations which were more useful.

Ultimately I was trying to utilize the new ID

What assets would you include? Go the Mumbad route?

I would include ‘must trash’.
The ultimate must trash in nbn is sansan

1 Like

True, but if it’s just fodder, I’d rather not waste influence :slight_smile:

Others can include Sensie Actors Union, City Surveillance, Daily Business Show, Tech Startup, etc.

1 Like

Tech Startup is amazing, it’s hard to justify trashing it, and taking a tag. Just got to find the right assets you’ve always wanted to make work haha

2 Likes

Awesome advice guys, keep it coming.

Also, now that the new FAQ limits the deck to one (ONE!) astro, what do I throw in there?

This is my first attempt:

Controlling the tags

NBN: Controlling the Message

Agenda (9)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program ☆☆☆
1x Explode-a-palooza
2x Global Food Initiative ••
3x Project Beale

Asset (10)
2x City Surveillance
3x Jackson Howard
2x Melange Mining Corp.
3x PAD Campaign

Upgrade (5)
3x Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••••• •
2x Product Placement

Operation (8)
1x Closed Accounts
3x Hedge Fund
3x Sweeps Week
1x The All-Seeing I

Barrier (5)
1x Markus 1.0 •
2x Resistor
2x Wraparound

Code Gate (9)
2x Archangel
3x Enigma
1x Pop-up Window
3x Tollbooth

Sentry (3)
1x Assassin
1x Data Raven
1x Turnpike

9 influence spent (max 12-3☆=9)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to 23 Seconds

Largely a glacier setup, with some tags thrown in as tax. The lost influence wasn’t a problem at all, as can be seen by the random Markus addition. I’m really excited to see what this ID does, and at the prospect of playing assets against Whizzard and not having them trashed for free =)

Only 3 games with it so far, but it felt very smooth. City Surveillance is a card I’ve always wanted to make work, but the numbers just aren’t normally there - I’m hoping this ID can turn those in its favour, but realistically they will probably be cut later.

Not yet modified for the newest MWL, but either sales teams or NAPDs seem like sensible alternatives in here. As for the more tag-centric deck posted above, I’d probably put in NAPD or Exploda to help you win the midseasons or news traces.

Too many Astros. :wink:

2 Likes

Urg… I know! That pretty much wrecks all my NBN decks. Back to killing…

1 Like

I replaced 2 Astros with Corporate sales teams. I’ve been enjoying the Commercial Bankers group I put in with the extra influence.

Just replace the Astros with SanSans, and add some Beale. Exchange of information is good. Astro is great as a 1 of, NBN is really good at never advance, even with it as a 1 of. If you really miss them, play Launch Campaign. :smiley:

So how about Aryabhata Tech and Manhunt being awesome in this ID? I’m getting more and more convinced 12 influence might be alright in these IDs. At least the NBN ones

1 Like

Yep, that is why I Included them :slight_smile: I’ve been playing a very similar deck with Making News and Sync, and it’s been going pretty well. Aryabhata Tech can be tricky to keep in play though. Runners seem to not like it much.

Hostile Infrastructure could help, or even Encryption Protocol, and that’s not a bad idea for including Jeeves in your deck. 3 of those and 3 team sponsorships equal runner bad times

1 Like

Not sure if this is ‘the’ Controlling the Message decklist thread, but I’ll toss up my list anyways:

A new message (with help from spags)

NBN: Controlling the Message (23 Seconds)

Agenda (10)

Asset (11)

Upgrade (4)

Operation (15)

Barrier (2)

Code Gate (3)

Sentry (4)

3 influence spent (max 12-6☆=6, available 3)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to 23 Seconds

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Note that the help from spags is me playing him once and shamelessly ripping off some of this ideas.

Yes, there is 3 free influence. I’m open to suggestions for it.

I think Franchise City and Mumbad Virtual Tour are both really strong for this ID. Either could go into this deck, but I don’t know what to cut.

Primary win conditions are EoI and FA via SSCG and/or Psychographics.

Econ is light, but the ICE is cheap to rez. Money is spent on tags or agendas.

Aryabhata Tech hasn’t paid off a lot directly, but trashing it (and dodging the tags) has cost many runners credits and tempo. It pairs well with Gutenberg to make it double as a Pop-up.

Archangel may be the weakest card, but it has saved me against several Medium digs. It may be better as CVS, since, unlike Gutenberg, it isn’t a trace that fires often (so it rarely combos with the Aryabhata)

I’ve been playing this with cams, and it feels a little similar. The runner can be doing well, stealing multiple GFI and getting a points lead, but at some point they start taking tags (or get hit with HHN or Midseasons). Once the tags are on, EoI and Psych-score can close the game very quickly.

I’m open to suggestions and criticisms. This deck has been winning for me, but it hasn’t felt as good as it could be. I feel like I’m only winning by catching runners by surprise, or taking advantage of unforced errors.

1 Like

Haven’t fooled around with CTM too much, but in your list i think -3 aryabhata +3 Mumba temple seems good since you have the influence. It should produce a bigger econ boost since AT won’t fire very often given your list, and is just as much a tempo threat they have to remove since it fuels sansan. I’m sure there’s lots of other ways to go in this deck but this seemed like an easy improvement.

maybe cut a sansan and pad and add two ashes?