Testing the New Draft Rules

I think the main problem with 6-point draft games is that the most common agendas (prireq) will be three points, leading to high-variance games. The difference in play isn’t necessarily a negative however; after all, people draft to diversify their experience with a game.

I have been fine with it. It does help to speed things along, and I find myself enjoying the enhanced pace.

How do people feel about the price point? I almost think it would be better (or more accessible), if sides were randomly assigned and both the Corp and the Runner produced separate winners. 20 is on the expensive side, but 10 would be pretty inexpensive.

I keep seeing that idea zeroisnine, but for me that would be completely ruin the fun. Part of drafting is actually drafting. When you draft you are drafting against your competition. If everyone you play against is a corp and your drafting runner, you might as well work with your fellow drafters. No longer are you worried if you pass an archer to your left, you won’t be playing that person so you no longer need to make a mental note of it. I don’t care if you end up drafting that way, I just know I wouldn’t be interested.m

For me 20$ is too high to do twice a week(or even more) like I used to in MTG, I can’t resell singles most likely like I could in MTG. If the stores running them had a nice prize support I maybe could, but I don’t think my community has enough people interested in drafting at that rate anyways.(I am after all still buying datapacks etc, this is not a replacement for regular netrunner for me)

For me 20$ to draft Netrunner is a once or twice a month thing. We will see how it pans out and how popular it is here in Portland.

I feel that people are silly bitching about the price point, because why would you not just draft a netrunner cube for free?