Thanks guys

For your great discussions and sharing your inside information. It helped a lot :wink:

I’ll post a report later.

9 Likes

…the only decklist you take forever to post :wink:

5 Likes

Lies! I stole your deck though :wink: Beat with me, because I barely slept lately, because of workstress and prep for the tourney. Also English is not my first language :smiley:

Netrunner Store Championship Den Bosch, De Dobbelsteen (The dice)

Background

Netrunner in The Netherlands has a small but dedicated community. My local meta consist of three people. So when I want to practice, most times I have to turn to OCTGN. Lately things go well when playing, but with all the packs coming out, things go faster then I wanted. I was still deciding hours before the tourney on my decks

Since I started playing Netrunner, about a year ago, I have played criminal. I love the aggressiveness. I tried Shaper and Anarch, but Criminals are my thing. I am overly aggressive as a runner, but I like to turtle as a corp. However, I feel that those decks are not good enough, or… I’m not good enough to play them. :wink: I looked into several decks, but decided to go for the TWIY rush deck. My biggest problem is that I do try to turtle, while the deck is not suited for that strategy. Both decklist are at the end of this report. My problem was that Fear and Loathing only arrived Thursday, and my order was not there…So I switched some cards.

The Site.
Den Bosch is a town in the south of The Netherlands (north to south less the 200 miles :stuck_out_tongue: and I knew some of the guys over there. I expected some Weyland, NBN, Gabe and Kate. Probably some random decks too;) . Unfortunately, there was a second store Championship in The Hague, so only 6 more players showed up. We played for four rounds and I learned some great lessons.

First round - Mark (Reina & HB:EtF)

I knew Mark from a previous tournament. He is an unpredictable player. First game he played his Reina deck. I mulliganed into a hand with Beale, Astro, Astro, Profeteering, Sweeps Week… I drew into a Bastion which kept my HQ save while I got a Biotic Labor to score an Astro and chain it into two more Astro’s and a Beale: 10-2

2 points

The second game was a mess. I could not get my Gordian Blade and he had a couple of Victor 2.0 to keep my out of his remote and HQ. It took me too much to keep money, get into servers and draw for my breakers. I somehow managed to get to 6 but he scored one to many: 6-10.

Second Round - Arjan (Gabe & NBN Making News)

Arjan played his first live matches and my decks were to much for him. He ran into my Archer without a sentry breaker and lost his Peacock and Corroder. That gave me enough time to finish the game: 10-0

4 points

In the second game Arjan started with a naked Restructured Datapool and advanced it twice. I had a infiltration to check it out and score my first three points. I kept pressuring and got lucky when I ran into un unexpected Snare! and lost my hand. He also played two Scorched Earth, but didn’t find them. Next turn I drew up and was very lucky. He the tried to sneak a second Restructured Datapool and advanced it twice. I had a infiltration to check it out again and score my last three points: 10-5

6 points

Thirth round - Job (Gabe & HB:ND)

I knew Job was a serious player, but his perfect start with 4 ICE and a Melange was too much for me. I got his Melange trashed and he played a another. He managed to score some points and I managed to get a Accelerated Beta Test behind a Janus and a Priority Requisition from a failed Accelerated Beta Test, but that was it. When I got my rig ready, he was too far in with a superserver and scored his final points: 5-10

With my Corp I got to a great start, scoring a Profeteering of a SanSan. I chose to get 10€ and two bad pub. He played a Account Siphon to get some pressure back. He took over and scored several points from R&D. I scored some points too, but fell behind 6-4. I did manage to get to get two Anonymous Tips and a Biotic Labor, drawing heavily, burning through my deck and using Howard Jackson to get my Sweeps Week and Hedge Fund back into R&D. He kept going for R&D and got nothing, then for my hand gaining me 2 for each try because of two Popup windows.

I played my Tip to get a Beale and score it of my SanSan in combination with my Biotic Labor. Next two turns he ran my hand and R&D for nothing, while I gained money and found a new agenda. Then I used my second Tip to get my second Biotic and win the game: 10-6

8 points

Fourth Round - Jeroen (Chaos Theory & Weyland)

As it turned out there was one player at 8 and one more at 6 (with me). I had to play Jeroen, who lead with 8. He won the toss and decided to run. I got a Sweeps Week, ICE on HQ and played a SanSan. He played a Magnus Opum and hit the money Machine. I managed to score a Beale. He then got his first breaker, but I kept him out with a chimera. He get drawing to get his rig and managed to get more money. With Sweeps Week, Hedge Fund and Howard Jackson I got my game going and scored a Astro followed by a Breaking News. He finished his rig and hit Magnus for €4 more. Then I drew my Biotic and scored a Character Assassination out of hand with my SanSan and Astro counter: 10-0

10 points.

Then my last game. I got a great hand and got my rig up in no time. He was slow to get things going, he had money, but saw no agenda’s aggressively drawing for it. He only scored a Hostile. I got Kati going, drawing my money cards, running conservatively, pumping Kati and installing Desperado an a RDI. I ran with Maker’s Eye to score a Government Contract. He then put an card into his 4 deep remote, advancing it twice. I infiltrated it to see a Cleaners. I then forced his hand with an Inside Job he did not see coming, he rezzed 3 of his ICE and I managed to score it. Then I lost some steam, getting no money cards anymore, while he score an Atlas. At our last turns, he again installed an agenda into his superservef and advanced it twice. I hit Kati and hit his Archives for the first time this game for a second Cleaners to win the game: 10-5. He admitted he thought I forgot Archives, but I knew he had Punitive Counterstrike that I wanted to avoid, if possible.

12 points

As it turned out, Job had split his match, so I had won the Championship! Maybe not the best games, but the last two matches were great and I learned so much again.

The decks

NBN: The World is Yours* (Future Proof)

Agenda (11)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
2x Breaking News (Core Set)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)
1x Character Assassination (Opening Moves)
2x Profiteering (Second Thoughts)

Asset (2)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)

Upgrade (2)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (13)
2x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ••••• •••
3x Anonymous Tip (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Shipment from SanSan (Second Thoughts)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (5)
2x Wall of Static (Core Set)
3x Paper Wall (Mala Tempora)

Code Gate (5)
1x Tollbooth (Core Set)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)

Sentry (4)
2x Data Raven (Core Set)
2x Archer (Core Set) ••••

ICE (2)
2x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)

As you can see, I went for Lysander’s awesome list, without the Fear and Loathing cards. The Biotics are really nice to have and take some load of the SanSan’s. I love my Popup Windows, but it is a risk which payed off for me. The only thing I did not like, where the Data Ravens, which did not to much. They were expensive and did not deter people from running. I think I will replace them when I get my hands on Fear and Loathing. Chimera were a good early stopper and the Archers were awesome.

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core Set)

Event (22)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Easy Mark (Core Set)
3x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
2x Infiltration (Core Set)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
1x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set) ••••

Hardware (8)
3x Desperado (Core Set)
3x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof) ••••

Resource (5)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)

Icebreaker (7)
2x Corroder (Core Set) ••••
1x Crypsis (Core Set)
1x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Garrote (True Colors)
1x Gordian Blade (Core Set) •••

Program (3)
3x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)

You might recognise this as Tim Bunn’s deck. I love this deck’s pressure on HQ and R&D. I tried a lot of Criminal decks lately, Andy and Gabe in all forms and shapes, but I’m still undecided. I tried Knight, but I felt a lot of times pressure fell away. I don’t think I will try this version again, the one Gordian Blade was a handicap, even with a Crypsis. I liked the Easy Marks and Infiltration, which helped the flow and the Infiltration caused quite some surprises and managed to get me several agenda’s.

5 Likes

Wow Congratulations! I’m honored you played my TWIY deck and am glad it performed well for you. I concur the Data Ravens are suboptimal and are the first thing I seek to change (though they aren’t completely terrible). Funny enough, I posted my most up-to-date version of this deck today on BGG:

But yeah, glad you had a good experience. Congratulations!