Home | About | Tournament Winning Decklists | Forums

"That's not a virtual resource" - The Apex Thread

Been awhile since any meaningful content on this thread.

What do people think of the parrot and croc in Apex?

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/1097864

I think they make a reasonable amount of sense. It’s too bad that Wasteland only fires on the first trash, so it’s not going to be as good as Tech Traders in Hayley or Geist, but the animals still pose a reasonable way to break through servers and get Apex accesses. It looks like you’re not running Wasteland either, though, so money might be pretty tight at times.

Since most ETR subs occur as the last sub on an ICE, and Endless Hunger can still take care of those, what Apex is actually going to have the most trouble with are middle subs, without Grappling Hook.

Also, I’m not sure how well they would work out in an Apocalypse build, because you’re going to need quite a few of them to be able to run the 3 servers you need to (and people usually ICE Archives against Apex). I suppose the plan might be to lock the remote with the threat of a few animals and maybe Hunger, and then build your board state in order to Appoc later once they try and use enough ICE to build their scoring remote. I’m still unsure, though. I’ve never tried the animals without Grappling Hook before, and I lean on that card pretty hard =P

Coming from someone who’s played nothing but Pirate builds for the last month or so (started with Hayley, moved to Geist, even trying out Pirate Nasir), I think something like this would make more sense. I haven’t tested this, but it seems ok.

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/1105398

It appears to have some econ issues though. You could probably cut the fan site/Shadow net combo and 1 Gbahali (since end the run subs are usually the last subroutine) to get in 3 Peace in Our Time.
Only 1 Legwork and 1 Maker’s Eye isn’t great, but I think it’s a start. Pirate Geist with Legworks/Spycams and Hayley with Deep Data Mining Spam both provide a lot of multi access.

(P.S. I’m totally not mad at you for mentioning this type of build out of Apex which is totally making me want to give this a try :wink:)

See this is why you pack Street Magic.

Does Street Magic really help there? It let’s you resolve unbroken subs in the order of your choice, but it doesn’t allow you to re-arrange the order of subs prior to breaking.

I have tried Street Magic before.

I have found the most troublesome ice to be stuff like FC3, Turing, and trace ice.

It lets you choose to not break subs on a piece of ICE that has an end the run subroutine. Since you can choose to let it fire first the others wouldn’t fire.

Right. You don’t get murdered by Archer but you also don’t get past it either, which makes the Apoc plan tough.

Oh yeah it doesn’t work that way, ha. Damn there will never be a time for Street Magic.

Street Magic has its place in a Smoke Magician-based theme deck using Houdini, Blackstone, Fawkes, and Encore. That deck just isn’t any good.