The Anarch Cookbook: Chapter One

By being Anarch, I get heavy RnD multi-access, some HQ multi-access, heavy Parasite recursion, a recurring credit economy and a great breaker suite vs. taxing ICE setups on top of that sweet, sweet Whiz ID. I haven’t really played this deck yet, so the ratio of these things in the deck may change with tweaking, but I definitely want all of them in, and feel like I’d have issues doing all of that in blue.

There’s definitely a point where things start being better off as Crim, but I don’t feel this is that point yet.

It’s possible, certainly. Like I said, it’s the Andy Deck in red. I think there are a few advantages (Imp, Deja Vu, more Knights/Parasites, Medium/Nerve Agent) but there are some pretty big disadvantages, too (no Clone Chips, fewer cards in opening hand, no Siphons, no Special Orders, no Faerie or Femme). Still, it’s fun, and I like it, and it seems strong for Whizzard.

I also don’t really subscribe to the “this is stronger as this other ID, so why not play that” thing so much. I mean, yes, it’s true, but if A and B both work best with the same tools and B is better, that doesn’t mean people playing A should avoid a good build just because it works better with B. Does that make sense?

This is not actually a point in Cyberfeeder’s favor because if the game is that close to ending then you are better off just clicking for credits over installing either of them.

I think the implication was getting tagged (possibly because of Masanori) and them trashed, but I could be mistaken.

1 Like

a) barring pretty specific circumstances, you never have the information about how many turns the game is still going to take when you’re deciding whether to install. You may be able to make an educated guess, but very few things are that certain

b) like GG said - I need to be able to play tagged (whether because of Midseasons, or because of John M). Daily Casts is a dead card against an opponent who wants to use tags to disrupt your econ, and against those Feeders are at their best, because even after Closed Accounts you can usually make one run comfortably.

Tags are definitely a valid concern, especially if your deck includes John M.

My experience with Cyberfeeder (mostly from playing a deck very similar to the one GreedyGuts posted) was that if you don’t get it very early then it’s garbage but even when you do it’s at best marginally better than Daily Casts.

I will say that Turn 1 Daily Casts seems much less appealing than Turn 1 Cyberfeeder. 'Feeder helps pay for any Turn 1 viruses I have in my opener, which is especially nice with Imp.

Not saying it is better for sure, I need to do more testing, it seems.

Sorry to double-post, but I’ve done a bit more playtesting.

I prefer Cyberfeeder. It might not earn as much always (there was definitely a game at the tourney where I’d’ve preferred a Daily Casts), but the lower initial cost makes a first-turn Cyberfeeder so much better. And while the second and third might pay out less, in any game that wasn’t just about over I used them more or less every turn. At three turns, they’re equal. Then Daily Casts is ahead until seven turns, at which point Cyberfeeder takes over. I’ve got enough other ways to deal with FA issues generally that that econ boost isn’t a big concern.

I did find a pair of other changes I’m going to be trying out, though. A single Datasucker for Ice Carver swap – Ice Carver will act as a nice force multiplier for Datasucker, and generally do well at bringing down the costs/challenges of running. (Making Viper Yog-bait, for instance, will be nice.) It’ll also combine nicely with Scrubbed, when I fit one or two of those in come Thursday. Or maybe they’ll go in instead. Either way, Glacier/Big Ice is the deck’s current biggest issue, and Ice Carver helps with that (making a 5-strength Ice on a central not impossible to repeatedly 'sucker, for instance).

Also, as people’ve pointed out I’ve got about enough economy… I’m cutting a Dirty Laundry for a Djinn. The memory boost is helpful, and virus tutoring is another thing that could’ve won me games if I’d had it. With Express Delivery/an uncertainty of what to cut, I feel the one-of is okay for testing. If I find I want it more often, then I’ll go up to two-of. At any rate, it seems useful enough to be worth it, at least for the moment. Dirty Laundry is the cut because unlike actual Andy, I don’t need to use all my cards turn one, and while it is super useful even by itself at making runs sustainable, if I’m locked out and needing econ in the first place, it does little to fix that.