The Astroscript Pilot Program was a Hoax! - Omar Keung Thread

Not so obvious. Corp defends archives - hq is easier to hit. Spreading their defence to land siphon or legwork is fine strategy.

4 Likes

given the need to defend everywhere, ice destruction (and/or some form of denial such as lamprey/crescentus/cortez/vamp) in order to borrow through and make a medium/nerve agent wincon seems good.

How did you not need a breaker? Seems like once they put down ice you need a breaker to fix it. I guess DDOS was just getting you in everywhere?

Pretty much. Ddos siphon/vamp, rook and lamprey were keeping them poor enough that they were struggling to get to a position to rez anything. Even when they eventually did because of keungs ability you can still work round it. That included games against palana and etf.

If the ID didn’t have 12 inf, I’d be worried about the power level. This ability is insane, decks with this guy are going to be aggressive as hell. Emergency shutdown would be fun with him.

1 Like

Could Pheremones with Vamp recursion work with this guy? Being able to load Pheremones from two centrals seems more doable here than in Crim who often don’t have the extra MU spare for programs or influence for Vamps.

Also

Anyone looked at using him with his console? Josh B for extra clicks? John Mass for draw? More corp clicks and credits spent trying to deal with resources? Komainu and Info Overload would wreck but theres always Parasite!

1 Like

Masamori with his console is cool.

Probably known to many but I just realized that Paperclip is certainly a reference to Operation Paperclip.

I cannot wait to play Omar. Seems like an ID with many possible routes of leverage

2 Likes

I really really like the idea of Rebirthing into Omar, from any other ID really (other than Noise). And if that becomes popular then there will be that constant threat of suddenly becoming Omar and then using his ability for a devestating blow. Just the element of surprise. I love it!

5 Likes

There’s going to be a full suite of breakers reference World War 2. Black Orchestra is in escalation, and is a reference to that operation. There’ll probably be a 3rd and possibly 4th AI breaker that all have the inherent recursive ability.

5 Likes

That paints a narrative, too. It wasn’t Valencia blackmailing HB this entire time—it was Omar Keung!

4 Likes

well here’s my first take. It’s boring and rehashes old idea’s but it’s what i’ll try first. I’ll probably end up pulling back a couple cards for gamble. Just want to see things first.

omar deck

Omar Keung: Conspiracy Theorist

Event (13)
3x Career Fair ●●●
3x Dirty Laundry
3x Déjà Vu
3x I’ve Had Worse
1x Quest Completed

Hardware (2)
2x Grimoire

Resource (16)
2x Adjusted Chronotype
1x Bhagat
3x Daily Casts
3x Liberated Account
2x Scrubber
1x The Turning Wheel ●
1x Virus Breeding Ground
3x Wyldside ☆☆☆

Icebreaker (4)
1x Corroder
2x Faust ☆☆
1x Mimic

Program (10)
3x Datasucker
3x Imp
1x Medium
3x Parasite ☆☆☆

4 influence spent (max 12-8☆=4, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Escalation

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

1 Like

So the time for tin foils hats is near at hand! What are people playing?

I’m actually serious with a Copycat Omar.
Well, kind of.

Super Omar Yo

I’m really waiting for Black Orchestra to see if it’s fun or if it’s stupid. Probably both.

Probably just an install from heap subpar breaker

2 Likes

This is a really old style of Anarch, with FAO + Parasite + Surge to waste ice without even touching it. (I think FAO will be good in Omar since the corp needs to spread ice thinner than usual and might be tempted to go beyond their ability to rez them). It also uses Populist Rally (you have Scrubber as your Seedy card) to stop the corp from purging your ever-growing Medium. The clone chip isn’t necessary, if you have something like a D4 you want to spend influence on so that you don’t have to resort to Crypsis as much.

Populomar

Omar Keung: Conspiracy Theorist

Event (15)
3x Déjà Vu
2x Forged Activation Orders ●●●●
3x Populist Rally
2x Spooned
3x Sure Gamble
2x Surge

Hardware (4)
1x Clone Chip ★ ●●
3x Grimoire

Resource (10)
1x Ice Carver
3x Liberated Account
3x Same Old Thing
3x Scrubber

Icebreaker (7)
1x Crypsis
2x Mimic
2x Paperclip
2x Yog.0 ★★

Program (9)
1x Datasucker
3x Djinn
2x Medium
3x Parasite ★★★

1 Like

I thought this thread would be buzzing after yesterday spoils and only a single day before the release of Escalation. Over on reddit people are talking about running some kind of Faust build. I hate Faust, hopeing he’ll be a more popular Reg-ass build.

So how does Omar work with Temujin? If you target Archives, can you fire its ability before Omar’s “instead” clause? If you target HQ, then run Archives with his ability, can you then redirect to HQ and gain money?

He seems to synergize with DDoS, which synergizes with Siphon. I’ll try him first in somewhat of an AoA build with Keyhole win-con.

2 Likes

Why not Medium? It combos with his ability (and Obelus if you’re running it) much better.

1 Like