The Automata Initiative preview thread

It’s Null Signal Games :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What’s wrong with Arrissana? O.o

She’s cool.

2 Likes

I, personally, am very happy with both backstory and theme and am glad that NSG is showing a cosmopolitan and queer future.

More generally, ‘disgusting’ might be a phrase I’d choose very carefully as it might be – frankly – insulting.

6 Likes

Please clarify what about this Runner identity is so “disgusting” that you believe Netrunner is ruined and Null Signal should rush a “fix” to the theme.

3 Likes

She won’t be “fixed” because she does not need fixing, and the organization’s name is Null Signal Games. And ruining is a strong word for an organization that has regrown a thriving community. If you don’t like what NSG does, leave. You aren’t needed in the Netrunner community.

3 Likes

I’m really excited for Arissana, as mechanically, I love the idea of trojan’s being like graffiti. It fits very well and I have always enjoyed installing lots of stuff, especially at instant speed. I wonder if Hippocampic Mechanicites will be good with her, as having a larger hand size would allow for holding more tools until they are needed.

The ability is a neat way to replace the bin breakers, as you effectively get all the same value and more (except that you do care if they get discarded or trashed by damage), which is fine because you’re Shaper and not Anarch.

The ID art looks really good, love the use of all the colours on her, contrasting with the deep green of the ID background. Slam dunk for me.

2 Likes

I think that isn’t inconsistent, let me explain my thinking. Inside Job is a run event, so one could say it is a run. S-Dobrado allows you to make runs, but is not a run itself. So it makes sense that Inside Job uses this, ro refer to itself, while S-Dobrado uses that, to refer to the runs it produces.

I trusted my memory but remembered wrong.

S-Dobrado is a run event though. It’s functionally identical to Inside Job except for the central only clause and the Threat condition.

Not sure I’m getting what you’re saying, sorry.

Sorry, I just trusted my memory and confused S-Dobrado with another revealed card. I should have just checked, you’re absolutely right.

2 Likes

Yeah we went to great lengths to ensure that Arissana’s visual design really represented her, as well as being very oldschool style Shaper with the whole artist aspect of her character! I’m really chuffed to see how many people are loving her design, I’m so proud of our Art team :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Corp reveals today! First up is Jinteki, with this fiction by Chouxflower in which a veteran A Teia operative recounts the case of chasing their first escaped psychic clone:

And this accompanying design article by Kobayashi does a deep dive on all the tricks A Teia has up its sleeve and shows off a powerful option for that second remote:

1 Like

Community preview roundup for July 24!

Jinteki and NBN cards with Bridgeman: Spoiling all the fun! - Netrunner Card Reveal [Automata Initiative] - YouTube

Criminal cards from Neon Static: Episode 9 - Neon Spoilers by Neon Static: A Netrunner Podcast

BountyHunterSax cunningly hid a card in http://anr-peddlerdraft.glitch.me/ (see it in ANR: Virtual Service Agent - REVEALED - YouTube if you don’t want to hunt for it)

A slightly premature spoiler on our Fediverse account: Null Signal Games (@NullSignalGames@peoplemaking.games) - People Making Games

Don’t forget that you can get a deep dive on all cards revealed each day on Daily Casts: https://www.youtube.com/@YsengrinSC

And if you just want a quick digest of the cards with no deep dive at all, you can instead listen to the Daily Offcasts with Thrazznos and 0thmxma on the Shadow Net’s feed: The ShadowNet ANR | Podcast on Spotify

Tired of keeping up with preview season? Why not take a break with an entertaining personality test on discord.gg/glc?

1 Like

Null Signal Station has previews and an interview with Divadus for their second episode!

2 Likes

Community preview roundup for July 25:

The Métropole Grid shows us how dangerous it can get when Jack Weyland decides to start throwing ice and agendas at the runner…

A mysterious intruder has been icing out unsuspecting card name puzzle enjoyers at gordianbla.de!

1 Like

Looking at Adrian Seis, possibly my favourite piece of art so far, I find another example of the terminology being changed from this to that.

Another interesting thing I’ve noted looking at the text of this card is that with the reminder text included, the first paragraph contains 62 words. If you were to write the ability in the previous format, it would also come out to 62 words. Taking just the actual “Psi Game” text, the original format is 25 words and the new format is also 25 words (with reminder text) and 12 words without the reminder text.

1 Like

Community preview roundup 26-28 July:

The Slumscast and The Shadow Net release back to back scoops episodes! Hear them at:

Ysengrin rides into the fray on his Trojan horse!

Some surprise Anarch reveals courtesy of Baa Ram Wu:

An exclusive preview was leaked to the Stimhack Slack server! Join at Slack to see it!

Are you on a Discord server with the Sahasrara card bot? The bot has a $quest for you!

Patrick Sklar surprises Andrej during a Métropole Grid stream with a sneaky spoiler!

Finally, for getting to the bottom of this post, here’s a Stimhack forum exclusive card!

7 Likes

Only 24 hours left in The Automata Initiative preview season, but we’ve saved some of the most exciting reveals for last!

Ysengrin has been covering each day’s new reveals on Daily Casts, but tonight (Friday, July 28) he has a very special guest: 2020 American Continental Champion Syd7 is there to talk about his champion card design!

Tomorrow (Saturday, July 29), don’t miss Postis’s rules deep dive into two of the trickiest cards in the set at:

Finally, 2020 Intercontinental Champion QVM will reveal his Champion card design. Back to help him show it off for a one-time-only special is one of the most beloved Netrunner streamers of all time! Head over to his channel and turn on all notifications to see it as soon as it drops!

3 Likes

Couldn’t resist logging onto Stimhack after all these years. Don’t even play anymore but I do check NRDB and Nisei.net every once in awhile to see where the game is at. this upcoming Weyland upgrade looks fun, especially for Startup. The new Jinteki ID is my favorite spoiler so far, for sure.

4 Likes

The Automata Initiative is out now! Click below for information on where it will be available, set legality, and the rest of the cards!

https://nullsignal.games/blog/the-automata-initiative-is-out-now/?utm_source=stimhack&utm_medium=social%20post&utm_campaign=automata%20previews&utm_term=&utm_content=

2 Likes

Wow, this Daniela Sysop is an insane tempo hit for the Runner to deal with.

1 Like