The Black Knight - Blue Sun Grail/Shutdown/Blacklist

Replace 1x Batty with Recruiting Trip, gets you easy access to Batty while making R&D less porous & freeing up ·· influence (hello, Ichi 1.0?). I keep telling people this is the sole purpose of Recruiting Trip, which it seems everyone wrote off right away as unplayable.

1 Like

Worth noting that it can search up a 1-of Twins at the same time, which could also do some good work.

Intriguing ideas here.

I’m thinking Archer and Grim needs a couple of more destroyers here, as Archer needs that first agenda scored. Could be wrong, maybe I should test with just those.

Yes.This. Exactly. If you can make the twins work with batty, consider putting the twins in jinteki, and kill people with neural katana.

Oh but you need to kill the killer first. Oh well

A server of Grim, Katana, Batty and the Twins? Can you have two unrezzed sysops on one server?

Yeah, they’re upgrades, and as such can have any number in one server. Whether drive by affects this is another story

Twins-Batty-{{insert killer ICE}} is rapidly approaching Jank Town & I love it.

2 Likes

Shinobi seems like a great fun ice for that purpose

Some more thoughts: Preliminary testing indicates that Archer and Grim may in fact be enough destroyers. The Twins is an interesting opportunity, giving you a sort of Ash-Caprice setup (Archer and Grim are mostly broken by Sharpshooter, D4V1D or Mimicsucker, which means unexpectedly breaking them twice is often impossible).

Twins are card slot-hungry: Twins themselves, extra copies of ice and preferably ways to recur them (Interns, Archived Memories, Jackson) in a deck which already likes to use recursion (recur Batty, save cards lost to Power Shutdown).

Leaning this heavily on Archer costs Points, will Public Support be a good include? As a bonus, I find the deck can often be weak to limited-use solutions like Blackmail, Inside Job and Sharpshooter - Public Support can be a way to force the runner to spend those resources without getting points for it.