The BOARD scores HOSTILE TAKEOVER!

Omar isn’t the problem in the equation…

1 Like

No no, I know. I was being facetious. (But I have rebirthed into Iain on more than one occasion :sweat_smile:)

Rebirth is an incredibly gimmicky card, which rubbishes swathes of IDs and makes others suddenly problematic. Get rid.

2 Likes

I realise this is an in-joke but I hope to god the capslock gimmick disappears, pronto. It’s alienating to anyone who isn’t part of the small group of people who’d find it funny. There needs to be a level of trust in an amateur group who are committed to keeping the game alive and a certain amount of professionalism, for want of a better word, would go a long way.

4 Likes

Which I think they are, when they only use it once!

1 Like

Don’t worry, this was a one off. He’s now been banished to Mars.

5 Likes

I’m really excited about the Eternal Format! Any speculation on what the banned list will look like?

I wonder if the current MWL format will work well for Eternal, or if something more like Magic’s restricted list that allows only 1 copy of some cards per deck may be more appropriate.

You’ll just have to wait - we’ll post about it, as soon as it’s ready :smiley:

3 Likes

The exact list will be announced on 16 November and shortly after that we’ll be kicking off with a jinteki.net tournament in the Eternal format with some killer prizes. Until then, I won’t spoil anything :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Turns out it’s just “As an ADDITIONAL cost to PLAY this OPERATION, spend [CLICK].
INSTALL a CARD from ARCHIVES or HQ, IGNORING the install COST.”

3 Likes