The brief reign of Jinteki

Subliminal was an additional hack that made Celebrity better. I never played Subliminal, and Celebrity was fine without it.

I just happen to prefer Fundraiser right now and I guess the choice depends on which downside you care most about - giving the Runner money, or needing to have/show cards.

MRF in those Wizzard days are quite a big bet ?

My (low) econ package back in the dark days of Jinteki in 2013-2014, was typically 2 sub, 3 celeb, 3 hedge.
My high package was this one + 3 something else, typically PADs, and that’s the one I still use today.

Low package was not very good, but won me games, because replayability of Sub makes it a card compression slot.
This helped to put ambush there, ambush that I could hide with sub while celebing. Or hide Grail. Or show agenda, hide archangel. Or the opposite, depending of where I want the runner to come. Whatever.
Sub clic money x 3 is the price of a Snare, any turn the runner (in an ambush deck) doesn’t run gave 2c… etc.

There was many many synergical tricks & bluff to play with this package, I loved it. With Sub out, this one is dead :sweat:

I managed to muddle through the tough money days somehow without it, but I understand the flexibility.

Shell Corp was a godsend. I remember thinking it was initially a crappy card until the subtype sunk in.

My kill deck generally doesn’t give a care how much money the runner has.

Update: First Responders is legit tech against a Jinteki kill deck (or any deck that may need more than a single click for the kill).

1 Like

I agree. It has been my tech against Kakugo - Obokata servers. Cheaper than Feedback Filter and lets you steal Obokata.

Still, shapers, especially smoke, regurarly runs out of cards in my experience. Damn kakugos.

1 Like

Levy on the restricted list and weaker runner economy really boosts 1k cuts Jinteki. Weaker runner econ means that more runners are drawing and playing cards to get credits (instead of using Temujin and Bloo Moose for everything).

The corp doesn’t even need to focus that greatly on damage, just a few Kakugo, Obokata, and maybe a Chiyashi (in this AI-heavy meta) can push the runner to mill themselves low enough that they can’t steal Obokata. I’ve landed Batty for 2 net damage much more than I thought I would when I added him to my deck.

1 Like