The Geist Bazaar + Camera Thread

I’m 100% sure that there are other, better deckbuilders than myself who have been working on this concept since Bazaar came out. I think this deck is a strictly different beast than the non-bazaar Geist, though it borrows some of the lessons learned from the London-winning regional Geist. Non-bazaar relies on more criminal tools, and usually has room for 1 siphon and SOT. This one has slot problems, but I think it’s far from optimized. @x3r0h0ur has suggested cutting one Replicator for one Corroder; corroder is always good.

What advantages does this archetype have over Hayley?

• It’s faster to set-up (Peddler, Hopper, and trashcan abilities in general move the set-up along - Note: you cannot use Peddler to trigger Bazaar).
  • It can run more frequently due to B&E.
  • It gains legwork.
  • It finds Tech Traders much faster.
  • Peddler allows for some nice Geist shenanigans.
  • You can end up with 5 link, over 3 in Hayley.

What disadvantages does it have?

• Can only fit two LARLA, means you’re faster, but need to be careful not to go TOO fast.
  • Central-only breakers mean you have excellent central pressure, but rely on B&E + Pol Op to bust remotes.
  • No FA defense/clone chip.

[b]Geist Replicator + Bazaar[/b]

Armand “Geist” Walker: Tech Lord (The Underway)

Event (6)
1x “Freedom Through Equality” (Democracy and Dogma)
2x Hostage (Opening Moves)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
2x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) ••••• •

Hardware (13)
1x Forger (The Underway)
3x Replicator (Humanity’s Shadow) ••••• •
3x Sports Hopper (Salsette Island)
6x Spy Camera (Democracy and Dogma)

Resource (14)
3x Bazaar (Salsette Island)
1x Fall Guy (Double Time)
1x Political Operative (Democracy and Dogma)
3x Street Peddler (The Underway) •••
3x Tech Trader (Business First)
3x Technical Writer (Data and Destiny)

Icebreaker (12)
1x Breach (Honor and Profit)
3x Crowbar (Chrome City)
1x Mongoose (Kala Ghoda)
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)
3x Shiv (The Underway)
3x Spike (The Valley)
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Salsette Island

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

3 Likes

In disadvantages you forgot “no clone chip” which is pretty huge…

I’m pretty sure I didn’t forget it :wink:

And it’s not as huge as you’d think.

Oh I guess to me the clot part of clone chip is secondary to it just being bonkers good (especially with 3 tech traders and replicator/bazaar nonsense). Maybe put it in a seperate bullet :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, my bad :D. Deck looks neat but my guess is Haley version is better. Still, with how good the Haley one is (and new MWL just nerfed a lot of predators) I bet this one will still be super solid.

pretty similar to what I’ve been working on since bazaar dropped:

spycam geist with restraint

Armand “Geist” Walker: Tech Lord (The Underway)

Event (6)

Hardware (13)

Resource (14)

Icebreaker (13)

15 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Salsette Island

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I recently took out the technical writers to get in another legwork and some SoT’s-- I was ending games with way too much money, and they were slowing down the works. Street peddlers are also great for getting things off the ground.

At work now, but I am 100% committed to this conversation. FA is tough but the second legwork and SoT’s really help with putting up insane central pressure.

2 Likes

The way I see it: Clones are mainly for recurring Sharpshooter for Pancha and for Clot. Well, Geist has almost unlimited breakers that cost nothing to use and draw him through the deck. I do think the Hayley deck is more tuned – people have been really working on it lately – and it might be better in a vacuum because of having Clot + Sac con.

Interesting choice. I think that might be a good way to go. I can see cutting them. They do come in handy at times. I highly recommend cutting one Forger for Freedom Through Equality. That card is easy to find and bonkers good. You always find your Forger anyway :wink:

I’ve just started playing these Bazaar decks (Replicator has been a card dear to my heart for a long time. Now that we have Sports Hopper, Replicator is better… And Spy Camera of course.)

My question is: Do you ever click the Spy Camera to try and find your actionable pieces? (Tech Traders, mostly.) My previous experience with games tells me that if I have a Deck Reorder effect and a Shuffle effect, I should abuse this combination…

They also let you overdraw->store breakers in heap to get later, enable Clone->SMC to get any needed solution post levy (with no added cost!), give you a super flexible rig since you can overwrite stuff+tutor on demand. On top of all that they are an econ card due to the techs so you get to do all this while generating even more money!

The engine is super strong though, I was winning with pipeline (giggle) and only 2 clone with the bazaar combo so I have no doubt that the Geist version will work :slight_smile:

1 Like

if youre missing anything, or need anything now and you have like 4 or more on board, yea you do. especially if you have an unneeded hopper.

I will be brutally honest. I have often forgot about the click ability on Spy Camera, but it’s pretty damn good.

I do :smiley: it’s easy to miss spots to do it, but imo makes finishing the combo off way easier. I once couldn’t find tech trader, then saw top 6 and made diesel->3xtech trader. Felt good. Have to play around replicator though–you need need to limit your bazaar play because the last copy doesn’t shuffle deck. So often you clone chip->replicator->no bazaar, see top 6, draw, play next clone to shuffle again. It’s slow but steady!

It’s never something you really “want” to do since it’s so click intensive–you’d much rather already have all the pieces! But I think it helps a ton in finding the last couple pieces when you’re semi-setup a turn or two faster which can be essential.

My current analysis says to never click it at 2 or less. (This one’s easy: Clicking and seeing two cards and then drawing one of them is strictly worse than just clicking to draw twice.) 3 Spy Cameras you gain Mr Li levels of efficiency. (See 3 cards, pick 2 instead of just Draw 3) At 4+ Cameras it becomes worth it. (Reasonably equivalent to Express Delivery without the cost of a card and a credit.)

And that if you have card draw available, usually it’s only worth it to click at Card Draw+2 cameras. (So Geist Hopper = 6 Camera Click. Hayley Hopper = 5+ Camera Click)

I use the click ability pretty rarely. Like, if I get replicator+bazaar early but have no traders, I will:

1. install 5 spy cameras
  2. click to reorder for TT
  3. draw TT
  4. install 6th spy camera, triggering replicator shuffle
  5. repeat

It’s good to keep in mind, but I wouldn’t go out of your way to use it (though you can occasionally set up something interesting with street peddler using it)

I only hit with 6 out :smiley: feels so slow anyways.

Above play of install 5 click install last shuffle sounds neat but doesn’t work because you can’t search with replicator with no copies in deck right?

edit: it’s optional trigger, and doesn’t change game state if you can’t get another copy, so: A player can only trigger an action or ability if its effect has the
potential to change the game state. Pretty sure damon ruled just shuffling isn’t changing the game state. So pretty sure you have to install 4, holding # 5 in hand.

You can also

1. click spy - with 4-6 out
    1.5) decide those cards suck (for whatever reason)
    2-3) Hostage for trader
  2. click spy?

If that’s what you’re into. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

hm, I read it (the FAQ update from today) as “if you search for something and it’s in your deck, you must find it. Any time you search, you have to shuffle before doing anything else.” Will have to examine the exact wording for rules lawyering.

From the FAQ:

Search
If a player is searching for a card, he or she must find the card,
if able. If a player is unable to fulfill the condition of the search,
then nothing happens, but the deck is always reshuffled.

Text of replicator:

Whenever you install a piece of hardware (including Replicator), you may search your stack for another copy of that hardware, reveal it, and add it your grip. Shuffle your stack.

I would read that is installing hardware, electing to search for another copy, being unable to fulfill the condition of the search (and therefore neither revealing it nor adding it to my grip), and then reshuffling the deck.

1 Like

I’m going to post vids of me playing the deck. I definitely think that certain cards can be swapped around. I’m coming around to the idea of losing one Tech Writer for a SOT. And I think we can do better than the central breakers. Is Aurora ever worth thinking about? :3

Here’s another one: honestly not the best game to show off Geist (yay net damage in Harmony!). And I am very heavily leaning towards playing 1 Vamp to get the most out of this incredibly money advantage.

1 Like

I looked long and hard at Aurora yesterday when retuning my build, but I just can’t see how it would ever be playable. 6 for Eli, 8 for Spiderweb? Eww.

2 Likes