The Greatest Thing Ever (Plugged in Tourney Report)

Discuss Alex’s tourney report here:

2 Likes

Gratz! Has your crush on Lukas faded a bit? :wink:

Thanks for taking the time to write the report and letting us non-Americans experience the Plugged-In Tour vicariously through you!

Why would it fade? He is awesome! :smiley:

Grats Alex. I’m so tempted to go to one of these plugged in tours, but being in Utah sucks as the closest is Vegas or Colorado and I don’t think I have enough time for a road trip -.- I’m trying to get my local boardgame store to become an event platform for the state. They said that they are filling out applications so that they can hold regionals and other goodies from FFG.

Alexfrog, are you from the Portland area or did you arrive from somewhere outside of the metro area? I ask, as I am from the Spokane area.

Alexfrog, are you from the Portland area or did you arrive from somewhere outside of the metro area? I ask, as I am from the Spokane area.

I’m from Hillsboro, a few minutes west of portland.

I’ve been entirely out of my ANR obsession for the time being (especially since the new school year starting a month ago), but thanks for this fantastic tournament report, which is getting me excited to play again!

Deck question (and this goes for both Alexfrog and SneakySly’s decks):

Given the reliance on Kati Jones and (to a lesser extent) John Masanori, both of which are Connection, would it make sense to cut one of each and pack 2+ Hostage? Seems like it would make Kati more consistently available, and allow you to dig for Masanori when you want him.

No because I would MUCH rather draw the Kati or the Masanori, than Hostage for it. Hostage increases the cost by $1 and 1 click. That kills most of the value you get out of the card.

Something needs to be much more important / larger gain to justify Hostaging for it, imo. I wouldnt play a Kati of Masanori that cost $5 to put into play, and thus I wouldnt Hostage for one.

I have not liked Hostage when I’ve tried it in my Andromeda decks either. That double-click cost is rough on my tactical plans :).