The Killer Problem

You’ve got Faerie, Cloak, and Silencer to protect against Shutdown. Edit: and if you suspect Grail, don’t run as much until your rig is up.

The breach would be a lot better than another Corroder. You need 3 Cloak for the deck to function consistently and the breach actually breaks Curtain Wall pretty well if they put it on a central. Personally, I don’t think you need either, but I have always been pretty ballsy about playing no backup fracter. You’re right that good play should keep you safe. If you’re running against Grail ICE, just don’t be stupid and you should be fine.

2 Likes

That said, I lost my one-of Corroder in Andy to Zwirn’s TWIY at Plugged-In because I was a dumbass. That drove me to switch to Kate. Hopefully I’ve improved since then…

When you are running stealth Andy you shouldn have a problem running into sentries that kill your programs and with both cloak and silencers you should be safe from power shutdown as well.

I get that. The concern wasn’t Sentries which this deck obviously punks, it was things like Grail ICE which are almost popular enough to be a small consideration.

A 1-of Breach isn’t bad, and helps the Blue Sun matchup also IMO. Let’s you break their OAI Curtain Wall for as cheap as 4 or 6 creds depending on if it is S6 or S10, and helps later if you draw into your ES.

Well… I don’t know why I would OAI a Curtain wall on a central server when you have Breach… But I get what you’re saying :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No one is saying not to run Corroder, nor do I claim Breach is some silver bullet vs. BS. What I am saying is that it’s an influence-free 2nd Fracter in a deck that has no backup. In addition, it’s almost half the price to bust a Curtain Wall, and no one is worrying about an OAI on Turn 9 - I’m talking about an early game OAI. Install Breach / Run and break CW for 4/6c is a reasonable play.

Late game, you’ll have Corroder + Bankroll / Cloak credits, + ideally ES.

2 Likes

After some testing, I really like express delivery in this deck and think there should be 2. The key is to not fire it off until you already have half your stuff, to maximize its value.

I also think you can cut a dirty laundry or maybe even 2. It’s only good when sec test is already good. It’s more useful as anti-ELP than as money, except in the opening hand.

2 Likes

I’ve been increasingly unhappy with Dirty Laundry in Criminal lately. about the only deck I’m generally happy to see it in is a DoppelTesting Ken deck i’ve been toying around with. sorry, off topic

I’m not a big fan of Express Delivery, overall, but in a stealth deck it can really shine.

As far as Dirty Laundry, I agree that it seems good only about 50%. The problem I face when I sit down to build a Runner deck is that the economy is kind of shitty. There just aren’t a lot of great options and it’s becoming more and more important to monitor your economy as the Corp has received a multitude of great economy options.

I guess what I’m saying is you need to run Dirty Laundry because the other options aren’t as good.

It’s still a great 4c Turn 1 play on the heels of a Desperado, so likely worth keeping for now. Mid-game it’s decent tech vs. ELP, and still helps with ST.

1 Like

Anyone who cuts a Dirty Laundry from Andy is sick in the head. It’s better than Sure Gamble.

5 Likes

Good in Andy and any other deck that runs multiple times a turn. I’m a big fan of run-centric, clickless econs.

Took down another tournament win, this time with 15 players, using Andromeda with Switchblade. It’s a nightmare for RP and it does well against everything else. One win was against a NEH Astro-biotics deck, which always makes me feel good inside. I made some changes, I’m posting the list below.

The modded is going to come out, as much as I love it, for a second corroder. My 1 loss on the day was to Blue Sun, and it was because I ran an ICE’d but empty remote for sec testing (with no switchblade) and the opponent rezzed Archer. The game was strange because I had <10 cards in deck of which 3 were special order and 1 was switchblade. At any rate, he killed my corroder and that was GG.

Silencio! (45 cards)

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie

Event (18)
3 Account Siphon
3 Dirty Laundry
2 Express Delivery
3 Legwork
1 Modded
3 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (12)
3 Desperado
1 Feedback Filter
2 Plascrete Carapace
3 R&D Interface
3 Silencer

Resource (5)
1 Bank Job
2 Ghost Runner
2 Security Testing

Icebreaker (7)
1 Corroder
3 Faerie
1 Passport
1 Switchblade
1 Yog.0

Program (3)
3 Datasucker

That is one painful looking deck DJ.

The only vulnerability I see is quite scores behind a chimera…

I’m not sure the corp would be able to pay so many credits to rez chimera (already expensive) with x3 Siphon.

Or if someone puts a lotus field on a remote… SHHH! don’t tell anyone.

2 Likes

Would it be crazy to try this out of CT? Ah why not… just about everything is at least 80% as effective in CT ;). I’ll give it a go.

1 Like

No- I actually just built a Nasir deck that is very similar. I would say CT is viable it just sucks to have to use either your memory for cloak or influence for silencer.

1 Like

They need to make a Stealth runner, who ignores influence costs on Stealth cards for that archetype to really take off I think. I think that’d be fairly balanced as long as they costed the influence avaliable correctly…and be fun as hell.

1 Like