The Killer Problem

As someone who’s already running a full stealth deck - you don’t want to open that Pandora’s Box. It’s fucking scary.

The stealth rig is already pretty good, but influence expensive to run (even in shaper, where you don’t have spend influence on cloaks or tutors). Given how efficient the breakers are, you don’t want to see what happens when you pile Account Siphons and Legworks on top of that. Even a single legwork or HQI takes away from one of my build’s weaknesses, and it gets nightmarish with more wiggle room.

1 Like

I had a similar idea as a Neutral runner (probably in the NBN big box). You get all the stealth you want, but all your other tricks have to be squeezed within 15 influence.

That sounds fun.

Here’s what I came up with real fast. I kinda wanna play the deck to see how it does. Anyone down for an OCTGN game?

Fanciful Stealth Runner

Stealth Runner: Fake (Special)

Event (15)

Hardware (17)

Resource (7)

Icebreaker (3)

Program (3)

• 3x Cloak (Creation and Control)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

I’ve actually been playing something similar to this. Switchblade with datasucker just blows out RP, which gives you a lot of card slots for other matchups, this is the one I’ve been running:

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity’s Shadow)

Event (14)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
1x Inside Job (Core Set)
1x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Legwork (Honor and Profit)

Hardware (7)
3x Desperado (Core Set)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x Silencer (Double Time)

Resource (11)
1x Scrubber (A Study in Static) •
3x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)
1x Ghost Runner (The Spaces Between)
3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)

Icebreaker (8)
2x Corroder (Core Set) ••••
1x Yog.0 (Core Set) •
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)
2x Switchblade (Up and Over)
1x Cerberus “Rex” H2 (All That Remains)

Program (5)
3x Datasucker (Core Set) •••
2x Medium (Core Set) ••••• •

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

trying out the mediums, sometimes they’re amazing, sometimes I wish it was just RDI

Nice work. It looks very good. I’m not sure if I’ll get a chance to hop on OCTGN, but I’ll let you know if I do.

Seems like a Criminal deck posted in a Killer thread without Faerie is… just wrong. :wink:

1 Like

Have yet to need one so they got cut. Rarely need the femme to be honest.

I guess with your Earthrise you have more card draw, but I’ve been playing with @bluebird503’s winning Stealth Andy deck and you definitely want the Faerie’s there. Often you won’t get to draw to your Switchblade in time and Faerie puts a ton of pressure on the corp (did I mention it’s basically free to use?).

FWIW I’d play the Faerie over Femme in that deck. Though, your Earthrise might take care of the card draw problem.

EDIT: I also just noticed you are running only one Special Order. WTF?

1 Like

Man, I love reading @samrs’s decklists. It’s always such a zen moment, seeing him shamelessly break out of axiomatic patterns of though.

3 Likes

Hey @JohnnyCreations, I’m on OCTGN now if you want to try out your Neutral Stealth deck.

Earthrise speeds up drawing into breakers a lot, especially with 8 permanent breakers, so I noticed that the special order was redundant and cut accordingly. I’m still at 1 because sometimes you need specifically a femme/the right decoder, but special ordering breakers feels about as bad as hostaging resources.

Thanks, I tend to just re-evaluate cards if they ever sit dead in my hand, if it happens repeatedly they get cut.

4 Likes

This thread has turned into a topic about stealth decks, and my contribution to that discussion comes from a small amount of testing as a Shaper player. The best card I have ever added to a stealth deck is Replicator. Having a Replicator in play guarantees that as soon as I see my first lockpick/silencer, I’ve seen them all within 1 turn. It speeds up the stealth game tremendously and I encourage people to try it out and see what they think. I’ve never played stealth Andy, so I’m not sure if it is worth importing at 2 influence per pop.

Overall I’m still not sold on stealth decks, but when I do play them, I really love playing Replicator.

1 Like

If you’re going with a full three silencers/lockpicks, this is a good plan. If you’re a bit split up, however, it gets worse. Currently I’m running 2xSilencer, 1xLockpick, 1xDyson Fractal Generator, so replicator wouldn’t be that important for me.

Well, there’s your problem right there

Thus far, it’s working just fine.