The Outfit: Counterstrike Is A Dish Best Served Punitive

No thread for this one yet, and I’m interested in seeing how people think about this one. Here’s my first draft of a Punitive based build.

Pyramid Mummy Money

The Outfit: Family Owned and Operated

Agenda (9)
3x City Works Project
3x Hostile Takeover
3x SSL Endorsement

Asset (3)
2x Reversed Accounts ●●
1x Expose ●●

Operation (23)
1x Closed Accounts ●
2x Archived Memories ●●●●
2x Casting Call ●●●●
2x Consulting Visit
2x Dedication Ceremony
2x Economic Warfare
1x Exchange of Information ●●
3x Hedge Fund
2x IPO
3x Punitive Counterstrike
3x Too Big to Fail

Barrier (5)
2x Changeling
3x Ice Wall

Code Gate (5)
2x Enigma
3x Hortum

Sentry (4)
2x Archer
2x Colossus

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Reign and Reverie

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

As soon as you’re running real 3-pointers, what’s the point of Global Food? Similarly, there’s no real punishment for the Casting Calls, and no real purpose for them other than as a target for the Dedication Ceremonies. You could easily add in a Closed Accounts over the Anonymous Tip, or an Exchange of Information with the Food influence.

2 Likes

Did I play you on Jinteki last night with my Reina deck? At least, I played someone playing The Outfit and they sent me a deck list that was at least pretty similar to this (though there was at least one Exposé that wasn’t in the decklist but was used against me in the game, which blew). It was a rough game, and I lost when I stole an 3/5 agenda from R&D and then couldn’t steal the 2 advanced agenda sitting in a remote server (I could have probably gotten in with a Stimhack) because I knew the Corp had a Punitive Counterstrike and even before the possible run, the corp had like 15 credits to my 8.

The Outfit makes a ton of money really fast, could always rez ice and always had enough money to easily beat me on traces (I had a Security Nexus out) if it so chose.

1 Like

Yep, that was me! That was a good game! This is a slightly tweaked version experimenting with Casting Calls. Anyway, Saan’s right. Tag punishment and swapping out GFIs for a CWP or Graft seems like a good call.

1 Like

That definitely makes sense, and I’ve edited the main post to reflect your suggestions.