The Woes of Weyland [Series of Articles]

…hooooowwww?

Like, is Old Hollywood Grid enough? Are they dying to Shadow tags? What are you even targeting with Dedication Ceremony? I DON’T UNDERSTAND PLEASE HELP

3 Likes

Old Hollywood Grid is very good, now that few people are packing Film Critic. You have to dance around Imp a bit, but It can do work.

I am so excited for that deck. :slight_smile:

1. Score an atlas and get a token or two
  2. Casting call gov’t takeover on a medium-high heat server
  3. Hold two dedication ceremonies in said server
  4. Hold on for dear life

Alternatively

Score Takeover first without the atlas because they stole all 3 of them within 2 turns

Slam the money button and scorch them at some point

I didn’t say it was good.

Also, let’s clarify this some: I haven’t lost a game in about 10 days on Jnet. I’ve played This deck, Pancake Maxx, non Pancake Regass maxx, Professor, Jesminder, Quetzal, Ken, Breaker Bay Gagarin, Sponsorship Spark, and RP Rush, and I’ve won every game with every deck. So, trust nothing I say.

14 Likes

Casting Call and Old Hollywood Grid seems like a pretty good combo for Weyland - that’s two runs and four tags to steal an agenda. Back it up with Scorched and TA…

This is as good a place as any!

I do wonder how you were able to consistently (I suppose you did only play 3 games) acquire Casting Call and two Dedication Ceremonies and still manage to threaten Scorched? If you actually had all three of those cards in hand, plus the Takeover, and a scoring server (with or without Old Hollywood Grid), I feel that it’s probably a safe assumption that you don’t also have the kill cards. I guess Faust-reliant Runners have a pretty rough time getting through Hives, even if they assume that flatline is unlikely.

Anyhow, I’m pretty sure that such a deck would collapse under a fiercer testing regimen (I imagine you yourself would acknowledge this), but it looks fun all the same. Weyland appreciates ya.

Had the best game I’ve ever played tonight with the Titan wombo combo deck - . Turn 1 I go Enigma, Oaktown, Advance. He Maker’s Eye’s (whiff), draws, cred, plays Earthrise. I draw for the turn (quandary that he saw) and think. He ended the turn on zero - , so I Quandary new remote, Jam Atlas behind it, advance oaktown again. He’s playing setup with stealth rig stuff and basically finds no breakers or SMC in the first couple turns, while my turns are

Triple Advance score Atlas

Advance Oaktown twice, score, Caduceus in front of Enigma

Atlas Food install advance twice

Turn 6 win

@Spags is still the only one to log a win against this, but @Dien and I still scored the Takeover, and lost to Spags magic fingers on 1/8 and 1/6 hq pulls.

It’s not the worst deck ever!

2 Likes

Shit this deck is broken,never thought you can play Titan like this,Dedication Ceremony to the MWL plz

1 Like

So this win did not involve GT or Dedication, right? sounds like str8 rush

I’ve played 9 or 10 games with this so far, 3 of them were just regular rush wins, 1 loss to Spags, and the rest I scored the Takeover and then either flatlined them or scored out.

2 Likes

just tried the list, mulliganed first versus maxx, hand of scorch dedicationx3 and hedge, into all ice no economy, got ddos siphoned to death within first few turns >.>

could happen to any deck, still feelsbadman

Please tell me your first turn play was double ICE HQ, 'cause, that’s what Dien would do.

Ugh. You know what this deck loves?

Blackmail spam. :\

What are some of the best ways to play against blackmail? Never-advance run baiting and executive bootcamp?

http://img.pandawhale.com/107365-lie-down-try-not-to-cry-cry-a-2GiD.jpeg

8 Likes

I remember playing GRNDL rush against Val. That was the last time I played Weyland, and it will take a hell of a card to get me to go back.

1 Like

This is exactly why I’m not buying into the opinion that GRNDL rush matters post-MWL, as much as I would like it to be true. If anything Val is even stronger now and that was already a horrific matchup.

My last game against Val with my Titan Rush deck I killed her with a SEA-Scorch after she DDOS’ed my 1 ICE scoring remote (I live life on the edge!) and hit a snare. On my turn I used atlas to pull out another atlas and installed the snare. I really liked that play but my opponent also didn’t seem to be feeling well that day and was frustrated that she fell for it.

If you want it to be mildly playable, you can slot 2x OAI. OAI-Archer helps you a lot against all kinds of orange, but especially Val, if you çan put it together fast enough.

It’s still a stupid crap-shoot, though, mostly determined by “IA Atlas and pray”, and the release of DDoS did not help this one bit.

1 Like

Hahahahaha! been messing around online with list a bit - it is so stupid, but also so fun! I’ve scored government takeover like 4 times now!

obviously it has some gaping weaknesses (money for the sea source becomes scarce vs. most opponents) and a lot of variance, but besides that it also loses some steam if they know the list (I think a lot of ppl fear the punitive when they see the faceup GT).

I guess my TLDR is that it seems like there are some interesting ideas in here; I wouldn’t be surprised to see some of these concepts in some future successful weyland archetype…

1 Like