The Zen of Netrunner

Originally published at: The Zen of Netrunner - StimHack

Discuss the latest article by @Elusive here.

10 Likes

Badass article. Great formatting, quotes, and analogies. Thanks for this content @Elusive

2 Likes

No problem mate, more is incoming :wink:

3 Likes

These articles have been really great. I’m looking forward to the next one.

Tilt was my greatest downfall in last year’s SCs. I remember getting tilted round 1 against a new player that asked some very basic questions about the game, and then won on turn 2 by Legwork + TME.

I still feel that loss can be attributed largely to variance (mulligan from 4 agenda hand into 5 agenda hand), but I now recognize some better avenues to play, but I don’t think I would have ever won. But after that game I was very tilted, and I played the rest of the day trying to force my decks to do things they just weren’t going to do.

When I mathematically eliminated myself (too far back to ever dream of making the cut) I played much better and had more fun. I’ve since been learning (or at least trying to learn) how to keep myself on the right track and in the right frame of mind to actually win games.

4 Likes

First step has to be awareness i’d say, we are all vulnerable to that stuff. If you have any additions that can help people stay in or find the right state of mind please share!

I guess if I have anything to add, it would be this:
Play with the cards you have in your hand/on the board, not the ones you want. Drawing to find the one card you want to play is keeping you from playing cards you do have available.

This is more of a Johnny or Timmy problem than a Spike one, but even Spike can get over-focused on trying to get into a server he is locked out of.