Tonight I started an interesting discussion with a few friends and I’m curious what the greater multiverse of the internet thinks. What do you think the top 5 cards in the game for both corp and runner are currently(as of opening moves). For me the list goes like this.
- Desperado (often called the best console in the game, I think this is actually the best runner card in the game currently.)
- Datasucker (rewards running agressively for a measly cost of 1 dollar and 1 influence… Sign me up!)
- Account Siphon (15 dollar credit swing for one action… Obviously insanely powerful)
- Kati Jones (easy marks every turn, the economic backbone for so many runner decks)
- R&D interface (Double the efficiency of every r&d run, great way to close out games)
Honorable mention to sure gamble and daily casts both being tied in my mind at about 6th.
- Astroscript Pilot program (a 3/2 that is worth at least 4 points by the end of the game and frequently is worth 6)
- Melange Mining Corp (a double turn everytime you use it. Huge tempo gain while losing alot of flexibility)
- Jackson Howard (too many upsides to list, but most importantly reduces variance for the corp)
- Hedge Fund (more important than its sure gamble counterpart as economy is much more important for the corp than the runner)
- SanSan City Grid (biotic that leaves a biotic behind until the runner trashes it, seems great and has a high trash cost)
Honorable mention to Scorched Earth and other 3/2 agendas here.
Lets open up the flood gates and see what the global consensus is.