Top Competitive Decks Post O&C

Is everyone sold on Earthrise? I’ve played with it several times now and I always felt poorer and not able to make as many runs.

Got a list?

Your Val deck is on the top of my to-try list. It’s totally plausible that it’s better than my Maxx deck. I am winning a huge percentage of my games with Maxx though.

It was really really good for me in Noise but I haven’t played enough Criminal with it to know either way. On paper, it’s close enough to Quality Time, which I always loved in Crim.

1 Like

NEH doesn’t give a lot of shit against Siphon Maxx : It can duck out into a low amount of creds (usually around 1-3) and still being relevant if the siphon didn’t connect. Between siphon not connecting, having between half or two third of your deck trashed (so statistically this amount of econ being trashed as well) and need to use retrieval run at least once if not twice per game,

You can tell it’s gonna be irrelevant in a couple of weeks when clot will hit but right now, it’s still the big eliphant in the room: a deck need to reliably beat NEH to be considered top tier.

Pretty convinced Grailz RP/NEH (well, like any RP/NEH, just about) are solidly Tier 1.

6 Likes

I think I agree with Mediohxcore that Prepaid is probably not the right card to throw in Anarch, but I don’t think event heavy or Eater with some alternate breakers is incorrect.

What do you guys think of Oracle May in event heavy MaxX? I tried it and thought it was pretty sweet. My hand was flush with options, money was easy, and even misfires weren’t that bad.

earthrise sucks in criminal imo, they need a better tempo card draw, express doesn’t cut it. li okay for leela but 3c install isn’t nothing and it’s very click intensive. just my dumb cents

It’s 4c you dummy. Oh you mean Li! Carry on.

i cant argue against RP lol but i will say its been tougher lately with everyone playing dickish anarch decks. reina denial seems a ton better with the new toys from O&C. you get your merlins or tsurugi derezzed a couple times and things get interesting.my problem with grail is if the runner knows you have grail then its a lot less good. they just slow down and sometimes you cannot go fast enough with RP to punish the runner for sitting back.

Also Stealth remains kryptonite for RP. That said it is a top shelf corp still IMO.

RP with 3x Eli and Markus / minimal sentries does damn well against stealth IMO.

3 Likes

Stealth Andy usually don’t have room for parasite. My game plan with RP is to stack sentries on R&D. 3 tsurugi + Lancelot is awesome to drain the ghost runner credits but every sentries who need 2 stealth credits will do.

1 Like

How is it against Supplier drip Andy? Surely that’s been tested in the WI meta.

@nordrunner is one of the only guys who reps that kind of deck and I was able to beat it pretty easily in Madison, though I had a great early draw. You really just need to push agendas a little bit faster while Andy is getting set up. @spags also beat it in a much longer game but I think that was just because of next level psi games (did you have about 50+ psi bids that day?) and Greg knocking his drip econ cards on the floor halfway through the game, lol.

2 Likes

He was quite the mess that game. I think after Utopia’ing a TFP to Archives, and then missing it on 4 consecutive runs there, kind of broke him.

4 Likes

Psycher lyfe baby

1 Like

That sounds like an interesting direction to take RP in. Where are you cutting influence to fit Markus in, out of curiosity?

Niles, (@hhooo), won a tournament with it.

Diariamente Negocio

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection1 (Trace Amount)

Agenda (9)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (11)
2x Daily Business Show1 (All That Remains)[color=#FF8C00] ••[/color]
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)[color=#FF8C00] •••[/color]
3x Mental Health Clinic (Honor and Profit)
3x Sundew (Mala Tempora)

Upgrade (4)
1x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead)[color=#8A2BE2] ••[/color]
2x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite9 (Order and Chaos)

Operation (8)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Interns (Mala Tempora)

Barrier (6)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)[color=#8A2BE2] •••[/color]
3x Markus 1.08 (The Source)[color=#8A2BE2] •••[/color]

Code Gate (5)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
1x Lotus Field (Upstalk)
1x Quandary (Double Time)
1x Yagura (Fear and Loathing)

Sentry (6)
1x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)[color=#8A2BE2] ••[/color]
3x Pup (Honor and Profit)
2x Tsurugi (True Colors)

2 Likes

F%^&ing TFP ;).

My Supplier Andy struggled to get rolling fast enough versus this new NEXT Rush Tech we’ve been working on; when I tried to match pace I gave up too much tempo and lost the midgame. I’ve rolled a new breaker suite and draw engine that might not give up too much to FA/Rush.

'Course now it might not have the long game against glacier. TRADEOFFS!

Get money, win psi games, score agendas. Nice.

I based my RP list that I played 5/6 SCs this season with off of that Niles list (just made minor tweaks). Had great results.

5 Likes