Tourney Report: Plugged-In San Rafael

Discuss my tourney report from my games at Plugged-In San Rafael here.

3 Likes

I thought it was very cool how both @Kingsley and I made very similar changes to @Alexfrog’s lists.

Beanstalk has just become this almost must play card on the corp side, and it really shows. It is interesting to note the difference between Easy Mark for the runners (which often gets cut in faction), and Beanstalk.

1 Like

I completely agree, @SneakySly – it really emphasizes how disparate the two sides’ economics have gotten. I play Green Level and Beanstalks with just about any spare influence on the corp side these days. /me shakes a fist at Account Siphon :).

1 Like

After playing my NBN list I definitely felt that it needed Beanstalk (or alternately, find a way to get in some Celebrity Gifts). Aside from that, everyones changes were minimal.

1 Like

I thought it was very cool how both @Kingsley and I made very similar changes to @Alexfrog’s lists.

Beanstalk has just become this almost must play card on the corp side, and it really shows. It is interesting to note the difference between Easy Mark for the runners (which often gets cut in faction), and Beanstalk.

Agreed. To be fair, though, Easy Mark is often cut because Dirty Laundry frequently lets you take those 3 credits while also making a desirable run and synergizes with Desperado and Datasucker to gain more than 3 credits even when running. If Dirty Laundry hadn’t been printed, I expect Easy Mark would be more common.

1 Like

After playing my NBN list I definitely felt that it needed Beanstalk (or alternately, find a way to get in some Celebrity Gifts). Aside from that, everyones changes were minimal.

Also agreed. Your core for the deck is very solid and my changes were relatively minor.

Thanks for the tournament report Davis! I played you in round 4 (Ian) and that was a very fun match. I seem to remember that on the last turn of my andromeda versus nbn, you installed a card in your remote, which i thought I could break into, but would mean losing crypsis and bankrupting myself. Decided to roll the dice on r&d instead. Awesome game though! I’ve been playing SOT-only Andromeda for a while and I really like the ability to float tags and not care, but this tournament I saw a lot of people using professional contacts and Kati jones to great effect. Probably going to try switching to something like your Kate deck for a while. See you in Berkeley soon hopefully!

Just read your post here and the FFG article on this weekend’s past tour events. Congrats and I just want to say that is really cool how you gave up an opportunity to win another tour event to let other people play. That there is pretty awesome.

Just read your post here and the FFG article on this weekend’s past tour events. Congrats and I just want to say that is really cool how you gave up an opportunity to win another tour event to let other people play. That there is pretty awesome.

Thanks! I’m slightly embarrassed because the FFG report makes me sound better than I actually am-- I wouldn’t say I “stormed to first place,” but rather that I prevailed on tiebreakers after several close games. Also, my NBN deck, like my Kate deck, went 4-1 rather than being undefeated.

I wonder how sub optimal it is to run a NA NBN deck with only 2 San Sans. Stuck with 2 cores here.

I wonder how sub optimal it is to run a NA NBN deck with only 2 San Sans. Stuck with 2 cores here.

It’s somewhat suboptimal but not completely awful or anything-- I actually consider SanSan more important in HB than in NBN.

Now my concern is what to replace it with? Something with a high trash cost? Herrings might be good as another way to protect agendas. Marked accounts was an option. Another Bernice was eh. Shipment from San San was an option too.

If you’re going for pure fast-advance, I’d consider Shipment from SanSan.

How about Never Advance?