Transmodernism; Falling in love with the bomb

My favorite W identity easily has to be titan transnational. I have had a couple one night stands (oxymoron? Not if it is a different decklist!) with blue sun, and my steady girlfriend is currently Argus. Ahhh, but the one that got away. that is the one i am here to talk about.

I love the influence. I love the ability. I just cannot for the life of me come up with something the it does better than anything else. well, i can, but not in any sort of meaningful, game-winning fashion.

The ability is obviously, with any identity, the focal point. atlas is better. Fracking is better. How do we make these better to the point we don’t have to turn to mark yale?

the only conclusion i can come to is the atlas train. Which only rides the sansan express. it could, conceivably, be part of a jeeves combo something or other, but that seems like too many moving parts. Too many moving parts indeed. But an un-trashed sansan lets you score out in record time, and also lets you take advantage of the fact there is a huge upgrade that they have to spend money on or lose.

What is the back-up plan?

Being weyland, blowing them up seems to be the best approach, if rush-into-fa fails you. Consulting visit lets you run a toolbox of ways to complete this nefarious agenda, but what is the best punctuation to this heated discussion? It comes down to this; How can you rush and have enough mula to completely blow them out (fundamental weyland issue, I know.)? This is just exacerbated by the (my?) need to run sansan.

Here is where the proverbial monkey wrenches my gears. What is the money? This dictates the kill condition, and defines the early game, all in one go. You are not blue sun, your money is not liquid. You are not core, you don’t make money for free. You have hostile, and, well, neutral economy. Fuck.

Lets go over the secondary win. with enough money, the train could lead to baiting necessary runs, perhaps on agenda. midseasons is the go-to here i think, for compact, huge taginess for the runner. SEA is to easily dealt with after the fact, and HHN is too passive without monetary pressure, especially as a one-of. Midseasons it is (unless you have a better idea, I’m not to sure on this myself). Plus, it is the only good options coming out of a visit. But then we are left with another dilemma; boom!, scorch, or both?

neither matters until you have enough money. What is the solution? Stock exchange and neutral/ off economy (fund, messaging (a pet card of mine) restructure, green level, so on) coupled with neutral slash out of faction ice (enigma, raven, vanilla, ichi(?))? run bait with sexbots or GRNDL refinery? big awesome ice and batty?

Anyway, the identity deserves something better, and i need your help to find it.

1 Like

In general, GRNDL Refinery has been giving me the most love recently for econ in Weyland.

I think for Titan, you have to start by defining your agenda suite. The two different suites I’ve used in the past are:

3x Atlas
3x Hostile
1x Fracking
3x High-Risk Investment

And

3x Atlas
3x Hostile
3x Fracking
1x False Lead
2x Oaktown

The first requires that you IAA the High-Risk if you plan on scoring it, so the deck around it is built as a slower deck. The second is more for a Rush and Kill plan (False Lead can easily kill those that don’t play around it.). Both packages give enough money as you score them that it isn’t a huge issue.

I feel that 3x Scorch is still where you want to be if you want a kill condition in Weyland. Mostly because you only need the SEA Source at less inf. It’s been my experience that the Titan Rush/Kill deck is only lightly on Kill, it’s there to keep the Runner from being completely reckless. If they slow down enough to install a Plascrete or other safety measures, you generally can’t kill them anymore. So, you want to dedicate only 4 slots and 2 inf to the kill package. You also want to make sure that if you CAN kill them, then you WILL kill them… So you can’t run the trashable Boom!.

Here’s a list I’ve been running for a while:

Titan Evolution

Titan Transnational: Investing In Your Future (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (12)

Asset (4)

Upgrade (4)

Operation (14)

Barrier (4)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (5)

Other (2)

15 influence spent (max 17, available 2)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to 23 Seconds

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

It’s a lot of fun. Before Sandburg, I found that it went from rush-mode to losing-mode really quickly once the runner was able to get answers to gear-checks, even though I was sitting on fat stacks of cash. Sandburg lets you switch to glacier-mode or score out with fast-advance stuff, and Sandburg helps take the edge off the massive amounts of bad pub you generate.

I don’t know that it’s really competitive, but give it a shot.

Ah the Siren call of Atlas.

I think Jeeves fast advance might be a better option than it seems at first. You need the full Russian package, though, with assembly lines and team sponsorship.

I’ve been fooling around with this in Argus rush and i could see the core engine working in Titan with a different agenda suite (switch Oaktown for Fracking for sure). Check it out:

Supermodern Russian Butlers (GNK winner)

Argus Security: Protection Guaranteed (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (12)

Asset (16)

Operation (10)

Barrier (6)

Code Gate (1)

Sentry (2)

Multi (1)

• 1x Orion (Order and Chaos)

Other (1)

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Liberated Mind

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

One of the core weaknesses of the deck is that it can be hard to find agendas. Atlas solves that. You may need more ice since you don’t have Argus protection. Drop Markus and you’ll have three influence to spend. Not too shabby!

Edit: don’t forget the power to neveradvance a 4/2 with Jeeves! Also, with team sponsorship out you can score an agenda and set out the next one into the same server. That takes Atlas train to a new level: atlas, get a counter. Use counter for Atlas, score a Hostile, team sponsorship the atlas into a safe server. That’s 5 points in 3 turns! Plus with Jeeves out you can get an extra click from your triple advances. That could be extra counters so your winning agendas could be 2x atlas and 3x hostile!

I dun get the Yale Hate, if we are in Titan Town.

If we play our boy we get:

Firmware Updates for +12 -3 = +9 creds (almost as good as profiteering, and no crippling bad pub)
Geothermal Fracking for +9 -4 = +5 creds
Oaktown Renovation for +4 +3 = + 7 creds
Atlas for -3, +1 (never sell the atlas counter) = -2 creds

Plus, Yale can trash himself, and thus dodge a Temujin. He can lay out on the table as they siphon you down, and give you the surprise money for the scorch kill. He’s a bro. He’s even just +1 cred naturally, in case you aren’t scoring anything.

1 Like

Yales great. Even with one agenda, he’s a hedge fund. with two counters to eat, he’s far better than a Restructure and often baits a run because they want to trash your jacksons. I run one or two, often leaning towards one but sometimes two if I got the slot. I wouldn’t run anything but Geothermal in terms of ‘synergy’, because a simple Oaktown or Hostile Takeover is already awesome with Yale. Geothermal has other uses such as digging out of siphon spam and doesn’t feel too bad to score. Firmware Updates… no. I value it’s intended use (if I ran it) way more than Yale food.

This was my worlds Titan deck for worlds and it ended up 52nd after day one.

Titan Twins Rush (Worlds 52nd, 72nd)

Titan Transnational: Investing In Your Future (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (12)
2x Geothermal Fracking (Opening Moves)
3x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
3x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)
1x The Future is Now (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Asset (4)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]●●●[/color]
1x Mark Yale (Order and Chaos)

Upgrade (3)
2x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)
1x The Twins (Order and Chaos)

Operation (13)
1x Archived Memories (Core Set) [color=#8A2BE2]●●[/color]
2x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set)
1x Biotic Labor (Core Set) [color=#8A2BE2]●●●●[/color]
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Power Shutdown (Mala Tempora)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
1x Witness Tampering (Double Time)

Barrier (6)
2x Meru Mati (Breaker Bay)
1x Quicksand (Chrome City)
3x Vanilla (The Liberated Mind)

Code Gate (7)
2x DNA Tracker i[/i] [color=#DC143C]●●●●● ●[/color]
3x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Lotus Field i[/i] [color=#DC143C]●●[/color]

Sentry (4)
3x Archer (Core Set)
1x Guard (Honor and Profit)
17 influence spent (max 17, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Escalation

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

You can easily sub out the 2nd Tracker for an Accelerated Diagnostics, 1-2x Boom, and a Midseasons for the Archived Memories. This lowers the ICE density by two however. You also scoop against Eater Keyhole unless you add a Crisium for a Virus Suite most likely. Otherwise, I think Titan money can be best spent towards a closing Biotic or Scorch combo. These days, you really got to catch runners offguard because most of them are packing some serious protection. Yale can be instrumental in this surprise swing, as well as Shutdown-Diagnostics-Liquidation.

Decks like mine are in for a huge renovation with the new W cards on the horizon. I think Weyland rush will be getting a huge facelift soon.