Up and Over text spoilers

I think Architect will be a big deal in HB FA. It’s nice to have ice that really punishes last click runs in HB apart from Ichi (no programs, don’t care).

How does Architect punish last click runs?

If Architect sees a 3/2 you can go score it and they can’t do a thing.

3 Likes

Yeah, that ICE really gives you 4 clicks in 2 subroutines. Pretty awesome.

Wow didn’t even think of that use. That is killer. Although to be fair, not many run last click vs. HB

1 Like

Just put eli in front of it

Reuse is pretty good in CI I think…if nothing else it recovers you from heavy vamp/account siphon play. Also, the combo versions that require certain cards to be in archives get a way to dump those cards out of HQ and profit while doing so. I do agree it is fairly niche though.

2 Likes

With architect you can also install cards during the runners turn. HB:etf diggs that!

1 Like

Bear with me, 'cause I know this is likely going to be a janky sort of situation… but I don’t suppose Fester might make Lamprey/Ixodidae playable?

3 Fester and 3 Ixodidae out, they wipe credits. They lose 6 credts (2 each, three times) and you gain 9. You then lose your Ixodidae, but… still. Would make having them and Lamprey more functional, options-wise, if getting rid of them hurts the corp. I’m happy with the yanking of Lamprey I did in my Whizzard deck, but the card felt like it had potential that Fester might give it more ability to utilize (Ixodidae not really necessary, still pretty bad).

I feel like Fester is really good, but also all but impossible to fit in off the bat. I dunno.

EDIT: Nevermind, their turn, they choose the order of the triggers, don’t they? Or am I wrong?

You choose the order of your triggers, but their triggers go first.

No matter the order, I don’t think this would be playable. 15 credits swing means you installed 6 cards, 3 of them being one-shots, to get an Account Siphon. I think running HQ will always prove easier to pull off, even counting clearing the tags afterwards :smile:

2 Likes

@gumOnShoe But does the trashing prevent the triggering of the ability in the first place, rather than just the activation?

@jacek_wieszacze I don’t think it’d be the plan, but another way to wring value from Ixodidae if you were running it alongside Lamprey.

I mean, the order of playability is still:
Fester>>>Lamprey>>>>>>>>>>Ixodidae
More just wondering how the timing of everything works.

I think it is part of a jigsaw, the end of which is a long way off. To me Lamprey and Ixodide (and Fester to a lesser extent) sort of feel like Cloak and Dagger did when they first came out. At some point there will be a good deck there. Just not yet.

I still can’t shake the feeling that Lamprey is actually a Reina card, rather than a Noise card. Fester helps, Ixo seems superfluous.

3 Likes

Lamprey is actually a useful tool in a standard Reina Account Siphon deck. It works the same way Gabe’s ability does: do you want to rez the ice on HQ and tell me how to get in and Siphon you reliably, or do you want to let me in and let the game state get slightly worse?

Justifying the deck slot is harder, given a wipe gets rid of it. Fester might help, but then it’s a pretty weak combo…

Haemorrhage and Fester seems a much stronger proposition. A corp should be feeling very nervous if you have eight counters on that virus.

2 Likes

I feel like a reina deck with vamps, opus, lamprey and fester, and optionally Ixodidae can work very well with her ID and rooks/xanadu (depending if you want to go the caissa route or just use grimoire). I like the idea of challenging them economically by running, while dismantling their ice with parasites and datasuckers.

I don’t think I like Ixodidae very much though. Can anyone make a good case for it? It trashes before fester and it triggers itself right?

1 Like

No, I believe you can choose the order of the all your own triggers (they just happen after the corporation’s).

Is trashing a trigger for you? If trashing isn’t a trigger, then they would trash before triggers happen right?

Edit: Oh man, now I don’t know.

I think the purge is a trigger for both trashing Ix and causing Fester to trigger. But the Runner can resolve all his triggers in any order, after the corp has resolved his card triggers (the corp has none).

“Trash Ixodidae if the Corp purges virus counters.” isn’t constructed as a trigger, so it probably doesn’t cascade off of the “clear virus counters” action so that you can order it. However, sacrificial construct would definitely keep it around so that it could trigger.