US Nationals - Gen Con

Hey guys, I don’t post much but I am in at 12th.

6 Likes

he hasn’t posted on stimhack in forever but @gradius05 is in 7th

1 Like

@crfluency at 33 and @eric_c at 29!

1 Like

That’s me :smile:

We had a lot of neat deck design come out of Chicago for this; there’s a lot that’s not for me to share but I’m proud of how many people were playing @Daine’s Congress deck, and a friend did respectably well with a Power Shutdown/Blacklist RP deck I designed.

4 Likes

@Nobo715 is a Netrunner machine. I called it at the start of the day.

1 Like

@anon50033301 over @Nobo715 in the finals, ushering in a bioroidpocalypse.

4 Likes

@Daine finished 20th. Mad representation from ChiLo (3 in T20).

2 Likes

I’m rocking the 6th spot. Biggest shocker of the day for me was that I only played 3 psi games and none of them were batty, caprice, or TFP. People are already bailing hard on RP in anticipation of film critic. NEH is everywhere.

4 Likes

How many entries were there?

240 iirc

1 Like

Bullfrog?

Psychic Field, in all likelihood.

I am still kicking myself for not doing a $59 buy now on D&D. I am totally not skipping out on Gen Con/Worlds next year.

Also big congrats to Noah. Way to represent Nor Cal!

3 Likes

I took 24th, 19 prestige. I needed to win both last round to get 21 (and take 9th!) but then had the worst flood of my netrunner career playing Sansan/Next ETF; first game was over in 10 minutes with him at 7, me at 4, and 5 points in hand xD

My Noise went 6 - 1 on the day, losing only to a butcher shop with a nut draw very early. Noise was the right call for the event for sure (I’m pretty well-experienced with him) and his inevitability really makes mills and Imp shine. Imp was the best runner card at nationals imo.

3 Likes

my money is on @FoilFlaws or @anon50033301 to take it – the sw ohio group goes hard in the paint. if our boys don’t make it, though, i’d be happy to see @zolend or @lucasli win it. they’re all awesome runners, and i’d be proud to call any of those four our country’s champ!

pretty disappointed in my nationals performance. was at tables 1-8 the entire day, but i gave away my last matches (against a skilled opponent who took advantage of it) when i needed just one more to make the cut. gonna have to make up for it at worlds!

4 Likes

i am available for netrunner in hall E at 3pm-ish if someone wants to have a go at it. Not sure how long my son’s pokemon tournament is going for but I think we could get in a few games.

just pm or reply. I’ll check the phone around 1 or 2.

@flowerscandrink 6th seed, he’s my bff.

2 Likes

@SyntaxLost Is correct. 1 psychic field and two cerebral casts.

I smell Nisei Division

All yall sleeping on my boy @flowerscandrink. Take it home for Houston!! #noiseboys

2 Likes