Valencia, the combo Anarch?

Singularity running on EBC makes the corp smile imo.

1c, trash, call another EBC, thank you for running and rezzing my scoring remote. Please do this again next turn, this one will call Jackson :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m fairly certain JawZ is talking about using singularity/hades shard to trash/score the agendas in a remote/archives once the corp has rezzed ice on these two servers using EBC and not using singularity to trash EBC.

2 Likes

Err… Why not stealing them in the first place then ? Caprice / Ash ? This is not played everywhere + Caprice makes Singularity botch allready…

Why no Infiltration x 3 ?

To use Eater perhaps?

1 Like

A lonely Eater in a 50 card deck, really ? Waiting for a combo with Sing / Hades… Keyhole etc, to come ? :confused:
I had more troubles vs a Knigth / Darwin Valencia lately, that was creating me problems after problems each turn.

When messing with consistency, “Keep it simple and stupid”, some say. One card and direct uses.

From the MaxX thread:

Let’s talk about that, because I think the concept has a lot of potential in Valencia. I’ve played against this Noise style a couple of times and I didn’t have any trouble when I was playing a good deck, but I think it would have been a lot worse for me if it had been Valencia and able to threaten my remotes consistently.

Most of the additional virus shenanigans can just go away when we switch from Noise to Valencia, which frees up deck slots and influence for useful things like Inject and Clone Chips. What’s better than 5-token Parasites? Instant speed 5-token Parasites!

Core: Blackmail, SOT, Clone Chip, Déjà Vu, Djinn, Hivemind/Parasite/Medium/Darwin. 3x each of the first five plus Parasite, most likely 1x each of the other three. That’s 21 slots and 6 inf.

Economy: For a deck that mostly wants to sit back and build counters/money, Kati is an easy include at 2-3x. The rest of the econ package isn’t obvious, although it would be nice if it were clickless since we’ll frequently be installing, moving virus counters around, or making Blackmail runs with our three non-Kati clicks. So 3x Daily Casts instead of Sure Gamble – lower barrier to entry for the same payout, and the delay is less relevant here. Cyberfeeder may still be decent despite the lower virus count, since we can use those credits for both Parasite and Darwin, but I could see a different 3x here (like Sure Gamble, or even better, Stimhack). That’s 28-29 slots, leaving a bit less than half the deck for utility.

Utility: We need Chakana, preferably in multiples, to slow Corps down and narrow their scoring windows. I’ll start with 3x, same as the Noise list. 3x Djinn is necessary to ensure we get Chakana and Hivemind. This version of the deck definitely wants Inject as a 3x. Our deck is big, so I think we keep the 3x Earthrise from the Noise list. We’re also going to need Grimoire, at least 2x. 3x I’ve Had Worse or 2x Plascrete puts us at 44-46 slots and 12 inf.

Additional virus support: 1x Imp, 2x Virus Breeding Ground, 2x Incubator, 1x Gravedigger is 50-52 slots, but still only 12 inf. Since we don’t want to run out of Parasites or Blackmails, I could see Levy as a 1-of.

A little tweaking around the edges gives me this as a starting point:

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe (Order and Chaos)

Event (13)
3x Blackmail (Fear and Loathing)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
3x Inject (Up and Over)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) •••

Hardware (8)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ••••• •
3x Cyberfeeder (Core Set)
2x Grimoire (Core Set)

Resource (13)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x Virus Breeding Ground (Order and Chaos)

Icebreaker (1)
1x Darwin (Future Proof)

Program (15)
3x Chakana (Creation and Control) ••••• •
3x Djinn (Core Set)
1x Gravedigger (Order and Chaos)
1x Hivemind (Order and Chaos)
1x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
2x Incubator (The Source)
1x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set)

15 influence spent (max 15)
50 cards (min 50)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

It’s going to be hard to find testing time for new stuff in the middle of Store Champ season, but I’ll see if I can get a game in with this here or there.

2 Likes

Here’s a slightly updated version of what I’ve been running. You need a way of giving bad pub if they clear, turn 1 ebc - mills is a thing, and I doubt you’ll ever use Levy. I’ve found nerve agent to be a great trick at the bugginning of the mid game when you’ve got 3-4 counters on Hivemind. I’ve dropped a lot of the “win more” cards like incubator and the third chakana to try to be more consistent, hence planned assault. Economy is often an issue for me, so kati is probably a good idea, I’m just allergic to her from late genesis when she was everywhere.

Event (22)
1x Day Job (Order and Chaos)
2x Diesel (Core Set) ••••
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
2x Frame Job (Opening Moves)
1x Infiltration (Core Set)
3x Inject (Up and Over)
1x Planned Assault (Honor and Profit) ••
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (2)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ••••

Resource (12)
1x Hades Shard (First Contact) •
2x Investigative Journalism (Order and Chaos)
3x Virus Breeding Ground (Order and Chaos)

Icebreaker (1)
1x Darwin (Future Proof)

Program (13)
2x Chakana (Creation and Control) ••••
3x Djinn (Core Set)
1x Medium (Core Set)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus)
1x Parasite (Core Set)
3x Progenitor (Order and Chaos)

50 cards (min 50)

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

I’ve also dropped any extra mu as i never filled it up with djinn and progenitor, also grimoire falls into the win more category. Basically, this sort of deck tends to be completely overpowering in games where the opponent doesn’t have answers. The trick imho is going to be making it consistently fast, and able to deal with an early ebc + occasional bad pub removal. Power shutdown can also be a pain, but there definitely seems to be enough there to make something that could be very competitive in the right meta.

ONE Parasite? I like a lot of things about your list, but 1x Parasite is not one of those things!

1 Like

I like the idea, but there’s a lot of rough edges here. Like…Levy in a 50 card deck?

Ultimately you really need Chakana or Hivemind on a Progenitor to make this a persistent threat. The Corp clearing just ruins all your hard work otherwise. Assembling that combination is hard.

Understandable, I’d love more as well. The reason there’s only one is primarily space, but also the fact that its pretty much useless if they can’t remove your bad pub or rez ice. You also end up with a lot of spare recursion. Darwin, Parasite and Gravedigger all fall into the plan b-c part of the deck which can be shuffled around, you might also tweak some of the bad pub stuff and nerve agent. In reality, you dont have the economy for multiple runs with darwin, although kati would help. Hence the plan is about making sure they rez at most 3-4 peices of ice, you then have the tools to pressure multiple centrals and force the corp to score via remotes.

I hate running out of recursion. :wink: I mainly play Prepaid Kate.

I do like the Planned Assaults for getting that early Blackmail. I could also see Diesel in that influence slot. Hades Shard is probably fine as the 15th inf for those occasions where installing Gravedigger makes sense. I’m not going below 3x Clone Chip and 3x Parasite without testing, though.

Somewhere between @whirrun’s tested list and my draft…

Event (16)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
2x Frame Job (Opening Moves)
3x Inject (Up and Over)
2x Planned Assault (Honor and Profit) ••••

Hardware (3)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ••••• •

Resource (14)
2x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
1x Hades Shard (First Contact) •
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Virus Breeding Ground (Order and Chaos)

Icebreaker (1)
1x Darwin (Future Proof)

Program (16)
2x Chakana (Creation and Control) ••••
3x Djinn (Core Set)
1x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
1x Medium (Core Set)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus)
3x Parasite (Core Set)
3x Progenitor (Order and Chaos)

50 cards (min 50)

I’m not sure I could actually finish games with this deck in a tournament setting. Maybe if I run it alongside Astrobiotics, but even then, my Thursday night league is 55 minute rounds. Yikes!

@whirrun, it seems to me that with extra Parasites and Clone Chips, you can actually facecheck centrals without Blackmail in some circumstances, and just blow up the ice they rez – making them spend more resources than it costs you to eat their ice.

Edit: I like Frame Job over Investigative Journalism because it can’t be turned off. Even without Blackmail, Progenitor/Hivemind plus Medium/Nerve Agent/Parasite is likely to score you at least one agenda that you can forfeit if you absolutely must have Blackmail working again.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it’s that hard to assemble. Djinn, progenitor and vbgs are the priority, chakana isn’t always neccessary early or even vs all decks. You can also buy yourself a lot of time, and points, with cleaning out thier hand with nerve agent or seeing 5+ cards from rnd once you’ve got hivemind. Inject and the other draw cards do a lot of work, I would consider fitting QT in as well. Earthrise might be expensive. I have limited time to play at the moment, but would thouroughly reccomend people pick this, or something like it, up and have a go. Even if only so they don’t get blindsided one day by a jonnny like me; playing against it normally you will waste a lot of clicks and probably just lose if you don’t draw any tech.

Dude that list is just bad :stuck_out_tongue: Lemme see if I can cook something a little less horrible along those same lines.

4 Likes

I’d say give it a try, you’ll find the deck can win suprisingly quickly with medium, often without having to install any chakanas. My worry for your list is prasites being dead cards a lot of the time and not having the econ to use earthrise, hence I play deisel. Hades shard is interesting once you go away from noise and only have gravedigger to mill, I just kept it in their from previous decks but it might be another slot and influence point. Other than that I definitely prefer it to the first list, feedback on kati!

OK, to put my money where my mouth is, this is how I would do it:

(disclaimer: extremely rough cut, literally just punched it up 40 seconds ago - testing will probably change up quite a few of the cards)

NAPDs for 8 advancements

Event (15)

Hardware (2)

Resource (12)

Icebreaker (2)

Program (19)

50 cards (min 50)

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

The most notable thing here is zero Blackmail recursion. I went for increased draw instead - I don’t want to spend all my time recurring Blackmails, I’d rather draw into more of them while at the same time getting the pieces for what is my actual endgame: the Chakana lockout.

I’m guessing I’ll lose some of the less critical things, and fit in at least a couple D4V1Ds, to get more speed early game. Other tweaks, we’ll see.

3 Likes

I like the really fast approach, though would love to see a little recursion so you can make more runs. A big fan of using armitage, I’ve had daily casts sit in my hand in close games as I’ve not been sure if there’s time for it to pay off and not create a window. You’ll also have to worry about Lizzie mills and power shutdown at some point which might require some tweaking.

My plan for Lizzie is Diesel + QT + IHW right past my three now dead Blackmails, and to set up The Combo. As for Power Shutdown… yeah, mostly a question of keeping one Progenitor empty so they have to double-shutdown. I can see eventually running two Dejas as emergency Hivemind recovery, though to be honest, if it comes to that, I’ll probably lose anyway.

2 Likes

So, I’m not really sure why. Haven’t got my O&C yet, but why is Eater + Siphon/Keyhole not being used in Valencia? She seems really fit to leveraging it since she can use Blackmail to pressure the remotes

Tried it, and the problem is you’re too slow to set up. It’s much, much better out of MaxX simply because you see more cards earlier (both grip and heap), with Val your problem is that until you get both your combo pieces, you’re not doing anything at all.

1 Like

I have tried it, and it is really good. Like PK says, it’s slow to set up, but the blackmails allows you to stop any rush shenanigans. Very fast FA decks might be an issue, and of course BP removal or ICE self-rezzing hurts.

My version had 3 desperado, 2 clone and 2 shards, but it might be better with spinal and lucky find instead.