Valencia, the combo Anarch?

You just put human first into a deck?? You better start running now cause I’m coming to hug you.

I’m eager to this out after this weekend.

3 Likes

:wink:

Human First is awesome. I think I found the deck for it. It’s the slot I used to use for Symmetrical Visage but I wasn’t thrilled with that card. This is econ that you can set up early and then rolls in exactly when you most want it–to recover after a run in which you snag an agenda or to help put on pressure after the corp scores. I’ve also made $5 from a Medium run which funded my next trip back in at a tense moment of the game. And of course makes stealing NAPD less painful.

I was unhappy with Djinn so I cut that. Also realized I need a David after a rude time with Susanoo. Here’s the better version if you do want to test.
Val's Pals 2.2 · NetrunnerDB

1 Like

You name it val’s pals to appease Dan, then put in memstrips. You’re my new best friend.

It’s a weak spot but not a terrible spot. I tried out Progenitor and Djinn but i hate having to fiddle with draw and install order. MemStrips is just raw MU that is helpful against slower decks. Full rig and virus suite online is glorious.

Also I enhanced the flavor of the deck because I know that is important to Dan as well. Full list of current pals:

Paige
Kati
Ed Kim
"Smoke" (daily casts)
Redhead lady (dirty laundry)
I guess you could say Oracle May from Sure Gamble

Is that Oracle May? I never saw the resemblance.

Looks cool, have to try it out. I just desperately want to fit 2 vamps in there for RP. Desperado, DS and BP makes it easier to land, and kati wins.

Isn’t redhead lady andromeda?

Hmm, I’ve never thought of that. Is it supposed to be Andy when she’s still a ristie, before her life of crime? And also a redhead?

Yep! Check the ring.

The deck has a surprisingly good RP matchup. You just have to be good at Psi games. It’s a good matchup because Val and RP set up at about the same pace, and you have the Blackmail threat. This deck works well without the Vamp–I would put a Stimhack in here before Vamp; it’s insane to not have it, but I’ve been doing OK without it. I added the David into the flex slot which could maybe be something else.

If you were a well known ristie, you might at least try disguising yourself a bit if you were going to use your feminine wiles to blackmail or dig up dirt on someone and use it against them for money :wink:

1 Like

Agreed about the RP matchup. The BP and Desperado often allow you to repeatedly test Caprice servers and make the Corp spend money (and take the chance of losing) on the PSI games. With two BP and Desperado you can spend a turn wiping out the MHC farm.

…which brings me to the point that I worry in @steve_houston’s latest list that there are not enough Investigative Journalisms in there. Two or even three BP can really help the RP matchup.

I’d like two IJs but I agonized over what to cut and this was the slot that took the hit. I only ever fire one off, so I’ll just hope to find it. Obviously one can win without it.

I’ve fired off two fairly regularly versus RP and it has been quite helpful. Makes grail not near as taxing and turns off a Pup acting as a central tax.

1 Like

career fair has been a killer because depending on game state, obviously you want it for earthrise or liberated
but it you get a free daily cast or free ice carver holy hell

Gotta be at least a few times where it kinda just sits and you wish it was something else, though.

Career Fair is good, but you need a fair number of resources to make it worth it. I wonder if it’s possible to extrapolate the average number of card draws it takes to have both a career fair and a 3+ cost resource in hand together.

…I mean, I’m sure it’s possible. But I don’t know how to do it.

it dosn’t really ever sit while i wish it was something else
more often i have targets for it and i’m drawing for a career fair

2-3 earthrise
3 liberated
3 daily cast
2-3 ice carver

yeah you want to draw a career fair
edit: and it’s not insane that you’re in a position where you want a free kati and a click to charge her after a run

on top of this, you’re likely playing either inject or ihw, more draw to bring that career fair in hand
it’s not really showing up much when it isn’t needed. in games i’ve trashed an ihw or liberated more often than i’ve trashed a career fair (which are both insane things to trash)

Hahaha. Yeah, a free Kati is also good.

Upwards of about 25% of your deck being resources is what I was thinking.

You run CF as a three of?

3 of no question

I’m running 3 CF, 3 Liberated, 3 Daily, 3 Earthrise, 2 Kati, 1 Ice Carver, 3 IHW, and 2-3 inject and CF is awesome. It’s smooth as a slightly overripe avocado that’s been worked around with the back of a spoon a bit. Go test that level of smoothness and tell me you don’t want to be playing a netrunner deck with that consistency.

3 Likes

That’s your analogy?!?!?

Not “smooth as 50 year-old Cognac”, or “smooth as a baby’s bottom”, or even “as smooth as the most interesting man in the world.” No, you go with an almost spoiled fruit that’s had spoon applied to it. :smile:

I refuse to play Career Fair in Valencia now on principle.

Nah, I’m just kidding, I’ll give it a shot.