"Wait... what?" Rules quirks that blew your mind

I think they’re wrong about the 2c payment. Is the absence of “if able” the same as to “everything up to”?

I believe that this is actually wrong. You can search your deck for a card and fail to find it, and if you do, you still end up shuffling your R&D. This is true for all cards that let you search for a card in R&D or your Stack. This makes it perfectly legal to use an ABT to rez your third copy of, say, Fairchild 3.0, then go looking through R&D for a copy of the card that clearly isn’t there in order to get the shuffle effect.

However, since The Foundry only triggers off the first ICE each turn that is rezzed, if ABT shows you more than one ICE, you can only freely install and rez one of them and still retain your ability to shuffle. If you want to install and rez two of them, you have to live with your choice, because the first ICE trigger has passed.

3 Likes

Wait… what? This is news to me. I’ve just been rereading those cards and trying to find this ruling. Why do you need to have another program in your hand?

… I got it. I was missing the significance of it being turn 1 and the need for there to be a target for Scavenge.