What is the worst card in the game?!

Lemuria used to be ok when Gabe was the main runner and ice really, really sucked.

1 Like

I’d like to see this

No.

Rez it. Put a matrix analyzer on the board. And just advance it a bunch. Suddenly you’re running trick of light :smiley:

No, its still a bad idea.

No, it’s definitely a bad card right now, there’s no reason to ever play it. Just saying it’s not like, for example, salvage, where because of the cost, restrictions, strength, and trace we know that it will never be usable regardless of future card interactions. With test ground it’s very easy to imagine the kind of asset or ice that might come out that would work with this effect

I don’t see how Research Grant isn’t the winner here for agendas. I’ve actually won a game with Market Research, and tried a jank brain damage combo with Helium 3.

Team sponsorship will make research grant more playable, along with Alix, that’s good enough for me.

I just noticed Social Engineering is pretty bad.

Also, today’s bad combo is: Bandwidth plus Self-destruct

Just not in a server with architect.

1 Like

In my young days I made Whirlpool into Datamine into Edge of the World MOUAHAHA YOU’RE D… huh ?

:wink:

I like how bad the flavor of the combo is (see bandwidths flavor text). I couldn’t get in and delete the log because the whole server exploded, so now I remain tagged?

2 Likes

I didn’t read the whole thread (but I searched).

I cannot believe that out of 91 posts no one has given the negative love for Pipeline!

Nasir in a meta full of only-sentry jinteki. But yeah, pipeline is pretty bad. At least it can break rototurret and komainu as well as mimic can without costing influence, plus can use stimhack money to break bigger things.

The existence of Gingerbread guarantees that Pipeline isn’t even in the running for worst breaker.

1 Like

The personal touch and net ready eyes might make it see more play now that I think of it

Maybe Gingerbread is gonna be ok after D&D, though? I dunno, but it is cheap to install and use…with Faerie support (and Sac constructs to give life to em?) you might not need another sentry breaker. I guess you could say the same thing about Mimic, though, without the need for Sacs…

I still think Leviathan is worse, though.

I just bought honor and profit, and I can’t understand why gingerbread is in THIS box, unless they were planning pretty far ahead. Maybe they thought Shinobi was too strong. Baaaagahaha

Every time I have played Gingerbread, the opponent has had to reach across the table to ask: “Let me read what that does again” and raised their eyebrows. And most times it’s ended up being much more useful that they expected!

I wouldn’t import it into another faction, I wouldn’t have more than one copy in the deck and I wouldn’t use it instead of a sentry breaker. It’s not a part of your “three ICE type”-breaker suite; it’s a complement to it. I certainly wouldn’t install it until I’ve already seen a tracer. But when I do install it, it’s been useful. You wouldn’t want to swap all your Ninjas for Gingerbreads, but if you are using Special Order it seems reasonable to swap 2 x Ninja for 1 x Ninja, 1 x Gingerbread. Even if you end up having to install Ninja too, you only have to use Gingerbread to break four pieces of ICE to be in profit versus just using Ninja. Some games that won’t happen, and it never gets installed. Other games, it’s exactly the breaker you want. It’s not that rare an occurrence for HQ and R&D to have a Tracer ICE each. In that case if you have the spare MU the timely appearance of a Gingerbread will likely save your average criminal a fair bit of cash over the course of a game.

And if Archangel and Assassin see play (which seems likely), you’ll be laughing!

A lot of criminal players use a Mimic and 3 Faerie as their killers, not Ninja. They probably don’t want to waste a faerie on a trace subroutine unless they can’t beat the trace with credits alone and absolutely need to beat it.

You would mainly want Gingerbread against opponents that play Surveillance Sweep since breaking using credits only would become too expensive.

Oh, absolutely. Playing Mimic-Datasucker I doubt I’d ever bother with Gingerbread. But that does come with issues of its own: influence (even if it is cheap!) and the potential for central server lockout.