What is the worst card in the game?!

Unless I missed it, no one has mentioned Test Ground yet, that card is awful. Test Ground · NetrunnerDB

Nisei division is actually much better now that Batty is out.

I did it out of NBN TWIY using quandry/paperwall/pop up window, and getting flares tollbooths.

I also did it out of harmony medtech, using pup yagura and bako, and imported curtain walls and a wotan and ran a susan.

Lets work on it indeed XDDDD

test ground is so weird; It has a clean, usable effect, there is just no reason to ever, ever want that effect. I feel like that sets it in a different category than “econ cards that don’t actually make money” or “ICE that will never ever be useful.” It’s more of “Has a powerful effect for which there is currently no demand”

2 Likes

Test ground has obvious synergy with spark agency, so I didn’t want to hate on it, and it can be useful to spite parasite, and the foundry could see marginal use derezzing next bronze or Galahad, so I think it’s a sleeper if anything. Not the best card, but not the worst either. Still haven’t used it though, cause I can’t stand playing non etf HB

1 Like

Disrupter had a spot, in shaper builds, that ran aesops, so you could SMC one after you steal a nbn agenda, to protect vs midseason a touch… then sell if he didnt bite on it.

BOOYAH. USE FOUND.

SUCK IT NERD.

j/k <3

hellion alpha test? was okay vs kati in big money HB before Snatch and grab came out. not sure about now though. ~_~

1 Like

How about those Jinteki ICE positioning cards? Sunset and Tenma Line, ouch.

You know, it’s funny cause I think I reviewed hellion alpha test saying it wasn’t that bad. I have a real hard time deciding what the worst operation is. Sunset is worse than tenma line though, I’d say, though it’s harder to trash. I think I will revisit the operations.

Flip flopping your opinion is fun! No wonder politicians do it all the time.

Rather just play all of these cards in a bad card draft once, just once.

They have made really good proxy backs for D&D printouts.

It came out after Ash, though, so I don’t think anyone actually did this more than once as a novelty.

Not sure if serious? Some people mis-understand and think they can make the corp boost twice…

at the cost of a credit (plus for tutoring/recurring), a memory, an influence, and a deckslot, you can at most save 6 credits. In the faction that now has film critic. It actually kinda sad that they didn’t word this card correctly, it could have actually been a little interesting for tag/trace protection

1 Like

I used it in Twins/Grail out of Blue Sun to less than awful effect. In a list of terrible cards I wouldn’t put it in the bottom ten…

damningwithfaintpraise…

if Kate, for example. vs midseasons.

2 for smc, its free with kate discount, reduces from base 6 to 0.

then sell for 3. 1 dollar profit and effective 5 or 6, depends how you view it, vs midseasons. then its in the pit for clone chip, which is free install with kate discount, then sell for 3 pure profit.

this was an OLD thing. like nbn with celeb gift and midseasons, but we didnt have clot yet… or even legwork to stop the astro train.

now? not as needed. but back then, it wasnt a bad option.

so yes, serious.

[quote=“bahram, post:73, topic:4756”]
1 dollar profit
[/quote]so basically if they don’t midseasons you it’s an utterly dead draw, and worse in every way than just aesopsing the smc or clone chip - if they do midseasons you it’s potentially an effective 4 credits (2 to smc, 6 lower base trace) that only matters if it’s the 4 credits that put you over the top for not getting traced; other wise you’re getting tagged anyways.

never mind that against literally every other deck and faction in the game it’s utterly dead and costs influence. It’s always been bad, imo.

This got me thinking of the card,
and actually it could be worth a slot in Replicator APEX
its 0 to instal, and 1 inf
and it would actually do something after apocolapse, kinda, almost
but even still its a 0 cost card that works with replicator so APEX want!

1 Like

again, there was a time… in the PAST… that it was AN OPTION.

worst card in the game vs a possible meta call in a point in time.

you are reading into this wrong friend.

I find it hard to believe anyone ever did this instead of just run Plascrete. I certainly don’t remember anyone doing this.

Record reconstructor might be good if people played the executives (director haas etc). Maybe the executives themselves are bad cards because they’re too much of a liability, but on the other hand they have good abilities.

4 Likes

i did it myself i know.

so thats 1.

again, an OPTION. not the best one, not the only one.

Lemuria Codecracker is about as bad as Record Reconstructor. Anyone want to make a case for it?

Now you have me thinking about the core set I think Net Shield should almost make this thread. I also think maybe I’m not a very good deck builder for using lemuria so frequently when infiltration can do that job cheaper.

Lemuria is still the only card that can repeatably expose - except snitch which only works on ice, and silhouette which is an ID. I use it to stop the corp from tricking me into running into an expensive remote when there is not actually an agenda there.