What is the worst card in the game?!

Can we rename this thread
Data Hound Hypothesis Breeding Ground - Resource - Virtual
?

Also its obviously disrupter. I can tell you this because it is the only card I’ve never used in any build ever.

Corp side? I want to say Bad Times because of all the sadness and letdown, but I believe it might be Toshiyuki Sakai or Plan B. I’ve used Plan B to some effect, but Sakai is literally the opposite of a card that does things.

really? with neotokyo grid in the mix? Shell corp at least has some usable scenarios- I like slapping one over an unfired edge of the world in cybernetics division - it basically becomes untrashable, which can be nice for an economy that tends to sag mid-game.

NTG just… sucks. all the time. and it’s a region.

Across all card types, I’d say salvage takes the cake, even if just for sheer comical unusability. there are plenty of cards that there’s no good reason to play, but most of them would only need one or two things tweaked to move up- salvage would need literally every aspect of it changed to be even remotely playable.

Bruh Salvage 1.1, aka Patched Salvage. Meta buster

NeoTokyo Grid might be good against Adam.

See here for a deck that tries to trash the runner’s rig with bad times. I might add Blacklist if I remade it today. Bad Advance · NetrunnerDB

With the next big box Disrupter can be played with Power Tap and Sunny’s console. You get the PT credits twice, so after some setup it’s worth anywhere from 5 to 8 credits and it doesn’t rely on the corp doing anything specific (except playing and rezzing ice).

Actually, use Philotic Entanglement instead (with 18 1-pointers?) and this could actually work

2 Likes

Just being blank cardboard isn’t actually enough to be “Professor-grade” levels of bad. Andromeda is blank cardboard after Turn 1, but you don’t see anybody complaining about her. :grinning: Largely because her deck doesn’t look like a schizophrenic mess, unlike our buddy the Prof. My personal opinion is that the hit piece NBN did on him led to a mental breakdown…

Would love to see someone build a Noise deck with Record Reconstructor in it. :laughing:

As for bad cards, I would have suggested Power Tap. Then Sunny had to come along and actually make the damn thing viable

2 Likes

Record Reconstructor is really interesting. It’s just tough to imagine a card the corp doesn’t ever want to see. I guess irrelevent silver bullets (Cyberdex if you’re not running viruses) might be one thing. Small code gates if you’re running Yog.0. But is there really anything else?

I’d put Lab dog for extra fun :wink:

GODDAMNIT PEOPLE

Stop naming cards I like :frowning:

5 Likes

Levy University isnt bad. 3x Mutate in a deck with 6x low cost ice, and 6 huge piles of nonsense. Levy the shit out, then mutate for mad bucks.

It won more than zero games. XD

3 Likes

Major Johnny props to you for combining two “bad” cards into something good. I didn’t think of Levy for Mutate, I was just going to use Precognition

Yea, I’m actually revisiting that build, and I feel like I made it better by taking levy out. I ran 3 bronze 3 quandary, then went to 3 bronze, now I just draw naturally. We should work on that list together and make the highest tier shit-deck ever.

1 Like

Mutate is great. Just play it on your shitty gear checking early game ice…

Yeah, I would have put power tap, but sunny makes it worth while, along with disruptor

I don’t think even Power Tap Sunny would waste space on Disrupter, but it would be awesome if they proved me wrong.

So now who’s going to jump to Hellion Alpha Test’s defense? Anyone willing to die on that hill?

1 Like

Reviewers on its NRDB page pointed out that it can be good against resources that host other cards on them: The Supplier, Personal Workshop, Off-Campus Apartment

I played it for a little while when everyone in my meta was dropping proco turn 1. It was ok-ish.

M-muh NeoTokyo Grid with Back Channels. Please don’t kill my dreams!

Would you SecTesting+Desperado each turn as the Corp at the measly cost of 12-15 deck slots?

2 Likes

Each corp has (at least) one identity based on a narrow part of the game and is not particularly powerful but gets better the more related cards get printed. But most of these are still pretty bad: Because We Built It, Stronger Together, Nisei Division, and perhaps Spark Agency?