What Wizzard deck did Steven run in the ANRPC HAC?

That’s even better. I’m going to mess around with this, I dig it. Thanks for the input and feedback.

@Netjogging His first post on this thread says it. (I’m on my phone and am not quite sure how to quote.)

1 Like

Ahhh, now I know what his name is online lol! Thank you for everything you do @botounami!

So since this has kinda turned into a whizzard tweaking thread, I’ve been kicking around the idea of dropping the second corroder for knifed in any anarch deck with david. The only barriers I’ve seen in the past few months are either eli, resistor or in david range. resistor gets hit by parasite if need be, wrap/weyland big barriers get blown out by david knifed and knife + clicking through eli is the best answer you’re going to get in orange. Worth testing, corroder sat in my hand way too much in tournament

-1 Corroder for +1D4V1D? Sounds great to me.

-1 corroder for +1 knifed

Right. Reading is hard.

I tried to play Ice Carver in Val about 8 months ago to deal with Lotus Field and Ichi and Dan made fun of me :frowning:

Might be due to the fact that Ice Carver does nothing to Lotus Field?

4 Likes

Ran and I were kicking around the same idea a while back in regass max. I convinced her to go down to 1 I believe (I was debating going down to zero).

Parasite for spider web? Also i still see static in a lot of decks. But otherwise, this seems reasonable.

I know… I was making fun of myself.

Yeah I tried that and it’s mostly fine. I put 2nd corroder back in KOS because the amount weyland and bako in jinteki.
I’m still doing 2 corroders in my regass Maxx at this point but I almost never use it. My problem is that if i see my only corroder in the bin, I feel obligate to reserve one clone chip for it and I don’t like that.
But I think for other anarch, it’s totally fine.

Just be careful with Ice Carver and D4V1D. Making a “need in now” choice early can create a “can’t get in later” situation. You can always find the tools to work out of it, but it’s best to not be reckless.

Visage may be a weak slot. You could probably go to 1x of each breaker, though Mimic at 2x is pretty necessary for me right now with Architect and the early trashing of Whiz. I wouldn’t run anything in the HAC final until I found it.

As far as I can tell though, @tmoiynmwg just takes good Anarch decks and cuts all of the breakers so he’s probably onto something :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! It’s a total blessing.

2x mimic seems right with the amount of architect right now. And after watching @anon50033301 play your deck when yog was the bottom card, 2x yog is probably also necessary for not getting locked out by turing.

Copy/pasting my comment from NetrunnerDB. I’d love to hear y’all’s…y’alls…you guys’es’ thoughts

So how well does the combination of fixed breakers, D4vid, Atman, and ice carver work in-game?

I ask because the combination of all of those cards seems almost anti-synergistic. One of the biggest strengths of including Atman and D4vid in a deck is that with fixies, D4vid, and Atman you’re basically never pumping a breaker and there are so many taxing 4-str ice that Atman can deal with. Ice Carver changes this equation.

If you set your Atman at 4, then with Ice Carver out you’re losing the ability to deal with the Eli’s and Ichi’s. Of course, this affords your fixed breakers the ability to be able to deal with them…but then there’s no reason to pay the 7 to install Atman. Lotus Field means you’re either STILL having to install Atman4, or find and install both Yog and NRE.

Most egregiously, your D4vid no longer deals with Tollbooth, Ichi 2, Assassin, or Turing. This necessitates that you either actually end up installing Atman4 or rely on finding and installing some combination of the correct breaker, NRE, and datasuckers. Atman also cannot deal with a 4 str Turing, so you would be forced to use Yog and a str modifier.

Obviously, the biggest counter to this criticism is just saying that you don’t have to install Ice Carver if it won’t work for you in your particular situation, or if you have already installed Atman4, but then it probably could be replaced with a better card that is more universally useful? As it stands, the risk of installing Ice Carver and fucking up your breakers’ interactions with common ice is too risky for the relatively modest credit savings it might provide.

I’m open to being wrong on this! I just don’t see Ice Carver being a better include than something like another Parasite.

It’s just very fluid. You don’t have a board that is building toward permanence. Sometimes I’ll do weird stuff like install Atman 3 if I’m holding NRE and Carver and need to put pressure on. Then I’ll trash it later and re-install it with CC. Or I’ll just hold Atman in the bin and have it available for CC to replace whatever breaker I’m missing. Ice Carver will sit on Peddler unless needed in many games as well. Or you might bring Carver in if you saw Parasites early and are on more of an ice destruction path. A lot of times D4V1D is used early to get through a Wraparound or Turing quick remote, and then never re-installed once the more permanent breakers start hitting. Then again, sometimes you break Turing with 3 mighty clicks.

It’s really not very synergistic. It’s about having the tools to solve whatever problem you’re having now. Just make sure it’s really worth solving!

1 Like

I prefer less David with Carver. Run 2 Carver, 1 David.

My current build.

L4J

Whizzard: Master Gamer (What Lies Ahead)

Event (9)

Hardware (7)

Resource (15)

Icebreaker (6)

Program (8)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Changes I’d make on that list:

Imp is better hand attack than nerve agent, it also synergizes with utopia shard and gives you more game against haarp. Easy switch.

2 Ice carver is pretty unnecessary, and I really want a way to get eli off centrals if I plan on doing a medium dig, so I would definitely take one out for knifed.

I want at least one stimhack to go with the peddler/remote sniping.

So I made some tweaks that I’ve had success with. -1 David, +1 Yog. Like most have said above me, the interaction with Ice Carver is awkward. I also pulled 1 Earthrise for 1 Nerve Agent. It works well as like a two turn legwork, clearing out their hand while your parasites tick up, then you go back to RnD.