What Wizzard deck did Steven run in the ANRPC HAC?

there is no real awkward interaction with carver when NRE is out or you are able to maintain one sucker token. Ice Carver cannot be looked at as a single card that solves an issue, it is part of a package of cards for achieving the goal of reducing ICE strength. During the building process it is likely he started with 3 datasuckers, then realized that changing one of those into carver gave him more flexibility, despite the increased cost of 2 (mitigated by career fair). Especially vs. HB where the reduction of ICE strength is imperative to the anarch runner. Carver gives you the freedom to reestablish sucker tokens on a wipe, where without a wipe of sucker tokens can be devastating.

I agree with all you say, I just meant specifically with David and popular 5 str ice, I should’ve been more clear. I found that I would’ve rather have had Yog against Turing and Tollbooth once Ice Carver was out, over David.

1 Like

indeed but david carries the load until he gets to that point. The card (carver) is a one-off afterall. Who knows when it will show.

I love all this deck iteration. Thank you all for your contributions :smile:

After goofing off for awhile after playing L4J for months, I’m back on it these past 2 days since this list went up. This shell is just so stupidly good; it just feels unfair. I personally cut down to 1 Sucker for a third Parasite, but that’s the only change I’ve made so far. I agree with those who have mentioned the singleton Visage as a flex slot. I also personally am unsure about the Ice Carver. I need to play more games but that will probably be the next thing I cut. I also want to experiment with Turntable; I’ve been playing it in all my red decks and it makes such a huge difference versus Jinteki and NBN, specifically. Grimoire is rarely necessary and is basically only useful for helping kill Enigmas ASAP.

I have to say this version with Peddler has an amazing Foodcoats match-up. If you have a Mimic within the first 2 turns, it’s like 90%.

One match-up I need to test a lot is Butchershop, specifically Haarp. I’ve been plowing through everything else. L4J is fun -and- easy!

Interesting that @SamRS mentioned Knifed; I too have been debating slotting a cutlery or two, although I am actually favoring Spooned or Forked. Personally Ichi/Assassin and Turing/TB give me more problems than Eli, even if they are stacked. Oh and Archangel, too.

I tried @botounami’s version of the deck at our league night yesterday. It felt really strong and in good control against Foodcoats, even though I ran into two architects early game and the two Mimic and Atman were all in the bottom 1/3 of the deck.

Also like @botounami and others have mentioned watch out with installing Ice Carver, since it will make D4v1d useless. Agree with @ericbtool that Carver is a Combo with NRE, I felt like I should never install Carver without NRE, though you can totally install NRE without Carver.

I think the way of playing with Carver, NRE, D4 is something you need to get used to so you donät lock yourself out of Turing remotes or similar.

Also agree with others on the Sym Vis as a not so useful flex slot, though I do like the amount of breakers. Was also looking at the possibility of slotting an SMC.

The feel I got was like playing RAM back in early 2015, getting a bunch of card draw (Peddler, Earthrise, IHV) and always threatening something, while getting better as the game goes on. REally fun to play and feels like there is a high skill roof here (again, like RAM). Will def play more and test slots.

EDIT: I’m calling it Woolly Whizzard (sim to mammoth)

3 Likes

And I keep trying to run this out of Kim but I think a central focused guy like him needs a different toolset.

I can’t think of a Kim deck that has any game vs Foodcoats. Obviously 24/7 Film Crews are sad about an angry racist. But HB ETF ignores him, largely. I think you need to burn a lot of ICE and you’re still sad you aren’t Whizzard.

I love that the one corporation that Kim hates the most remains virtually unaffected by him, yet the others suffer, and sometimes even by a lot.

6 Likes

Kim’s only hope is that an influx of players bring Whizzard through Store Champs seasons and that somehow Corps are scared off asset economy. I don’t foresee that happening because asset Econ is so strong versus every other runner.

I think the only tool a Kim L4J list could use is Hacktivist Meeting. It’s really quite a strong card, especially if you run 3 Inject. The problem is still hitting assets/upgrades in centrals, though, which means he needs a more robust economy than Whizzard.

Or imp recursion.