What's up with Criminal?

I’m confused as to why FFG made Tri-Maf once per turn. That card, even with the meat damage, would have been so good if it was a blue resource Opus. As is, I agree that Armitage is better.

2 Likes

If the influence went up a bit I could totally see it being a resource Opus, and that just makes me sad that it isn’t. I want that card to matter.

I think Tri-Maf would be broken if you could click it forever. Opus has severe restrictions with its 5 cost and 2MU, and being a program, for a reason.

Tri-Maf should probably have been 1 credit. But it’s still a perfectly functional card, you just need to play around the ability. If Desperado/Sec Testing were not 3 credits per click, I could see Tri-Maf seeing much more play.

2 Likes

Well, maybe not an exact copy, but something like giving 3c per turn, or ClickClick 4c would have even made it more playable. Or just no meat on trash.

No meat on trash is boring as hell and bad card design though.

2 Likes

Tri-Maf is perfectly fine as it is, its drawback is simply that it requires time to pay off and doesn’t pair well with Siphon, not its cost or the amount of money it gives. There simply aren’t a lot of decks that can run the card right now other than Stirling, which I think will retire once that NBN Sysop starts trashing his programs.

TL;DR: Tri-Maf is fine, Criminal breakers aren’t :frowning:

Specifically, it takes 8 turns to be better than Armitage, and it’s less liquid.

It’s kind of a tough sell if you don’t get some kind of additional benefit from Off-Campus Apartment or Calling In Favors (or Career Fair, I suppose).

2 Likes

Supplier bros

Well, Kati Jones is a staple in many decks, and needs 5 turns to be better than Armitage, hurting your eco during all those turns.

Depends on matchup, but against slow glacier decks, I’m sure you want a Tri-Maf instead an Armitage.

2 Likes

Any Gabe lists out there? So far this has been feeling pretty nice, been winning in my few SHL6 matches. Seems like it has good game vs NEH cheese. Apologies for the deck title.

New-Ass Gabe

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core Set)

Event (21)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
2x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Drive By (The Underway)
1x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
2x Fisk Investment Seminar (The Universe of Tomorrow)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
2x Lucky Find (Double Time)
2x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
3x Desperado (Core Set)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (8)
2x Bank Job (Core Set)
1x Drug Dealer (Old Hollywood)
1x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
1x Sacrificial Construct (Core Set)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
1x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)

Icebreaker (9)
1x Cerberus “Rex” H2 (All That Remains)
2x Corroder (Core Set)
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Faust (The Underway)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)

Program (2)
2x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Universe of Tomorrow

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

@xenasis and @lpoulter both made the cut with Gabe at BABW finals.

1 Like

Were they of the Parasite variety?

I believe so, but despite playing both of them I can’t actually remember.

I somehow managed to beat an ETF playing NEXT ice with no Para in sight (sorry) with Gabe. What a nightmare NEXT is without it, however.

I gotta say though, I’m quite in love with Drive By. REALLY helps Gabe out.

3 Likes

I like Drive By a lot. I think it’s good for Geist as well, so you don’t have to burn the limited breakers on nonsense Bait in a Remote.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s weird having to pay full price using actual breakers in a deck, which Gabe pretty much never wants to do. Feels scary, but it keeps working by the skin of my teeth.

Faust patches some holes and feels pretty nice in here as a surprise final resort option. Or if you draw it early, just have it on the board to make the corp sweat a little and slow down. It’s all about making them slow down and play at a reasonable pace.

The list was:

Faust Parasite Gabe (45 cards)

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional

Event (15)
3 Account Siphon
1 Drive By
2 Emergency Shutdown
2 Inside Job
3 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble
1 The Maker’s Eye

Hardware (4)
3 Desperado
1 Plascrete Carapace

Resource (11)
3 Bank Job
3 Drug Dealer
1 Kati Jones
2 Same Old Thing
2 Security Testing

Icebreaker (7)
1 Corroder
2 Faerie
1 Faust
1 Mimic
1 Passport
1 Yog.0

Program (8)
3 Datasucker
2 Parasite
3 Sneakdoor Beta

Why I played Gabe: [ANRPC] BABW Finals Weekend - #38 by Xenasis

Glad I took Gabe over Kate, in the end. Drug Dealer is really good.

5 Likes

Yes. So much yes.

2 Likes

It’s such a perfect meta card, especially with the outbreak of Sportsball NBN. You want to have a table’s worth of remotes? That’s cute.

2 Likes

Dig the list. Only 1 Plascrete and no HQ pressure seems odds with 3x Sneakdoor, but it’s a great old school feel Gabe list!