What's wrong with this deck?

Dave’s Blood Angel list has 3 Vitruvius in it, last time I checked at least (+ 3x PriReq, 1x ABT and Wotan I think). Vitruvius is so, so good with Punitive. I tried it out after he recommended it - I’ve always seen Vitruvius as a usually blank 3/2 but it really shines when overscored in that deck. I played that deck a bit on OCTGN and it was a really good learning experience if nothing else.

I think you’re referring to Neil as far as Melange goes (though I’ve seen a few others use it)! It’s very good in RP (and playing Neil has forced me to respect it) but it really forces the deck to be slower (not necessarily worse, it must be noted). Neil has said to me that he’d rather use Mediohxcore’s list if he was worried about going to time - and that can be a serious concern for an already slow deck like RP in tournaments if paired with a slower runner. It’s swings and roundabouts for most players I think, but certainly a consideration.

I feel like Melange is by far best in HB though. They’re the faction most content with sitting back and getting ICE that’s Just Too Big - and if they run it, you often come out ahead, just like if they don’t run it. Elsewhere, there are other (equivalent in potency or better) options and their econ can survive very well without (just playing differently).

Great interactions you mention, but I’m just wondering, with so little ice (and grim - archer -wendigo that don’t do much early on), how long does it take you to have a decent defense? If you don’t protect those assets behind a remote, don’t they get trashed right away? I’m just having a really difficult time seeing all that working.

Spot on Mino.

As I said in my writeup I wanted more to talk about principles than an actual deck, since I’ve been playing around with it a lot, the deck isn’t stable. There are 10 ice with early playable hard etr. 2 caduceus with hard etr. opening hand you’re looking for ice.

That said, my current iteration is sporting 13 hard etrs for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

1 Like