Whispers in Nalubaale Community Review and Meta Predictions (Runner)

Originally published at: Whispers in Nalubaale Community Review and Meta Predictions (Runner) - StimHack

Discuss the latest article here.

2 Likes

Thanks for putting the text into the forum post. For whatever reason my firewall lets me see the stimhack forums, but not the main page.

I also think the Contaminate/Gravedigger synergy is real. Turns that go:
Click 1, contaminate my empty gravedigger
Clicks 2-4, use it.

Are basically makerā€™s eye turns. I think thereā€™s real potential there.

Makerā€™s Eye, if it was also a Quad event, and required you to later run Archives.

1 Like

Somewhere between Makerā€™s Eye and DLR, both of which are good cards. I donā€™t think Iā€™d include Contaminate just for that interaction, but if contaminate had 3+ targets in a deck and that was one of them Iā€™d be happy. Kinda like how I have Dedication Ceremony in SSO to make my City Works hard to steal, but if I use it on Hortum to lock out Aumakua, Iā€™m pretty content.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure they just figured out how to divide up the data packs in Kitara, then said,

ā€œokay, release them in order from crappiest to dopest.ā€ -Michael Boggs

This pack is nuts. I think the reviewers are slightly underestimating the virus package here, but it is hard to evaluate the power level of such a synergy-reliant deck. I also think Compile will be deceivingly effective, especially if shapers get some econ back so they can afford to break stuff with the program they pulled up.

2 Likes

They may be, but I must sayā€¦ in my initial building and testing, itā€™s just so slow. Without Wyldecakes and the fact that you donā€™t actually want to bin your programs (i.e. No DeJa Vu, so Inject is not exactly the best choice), draw is more of a problem in that deck than in almost any other anarch. And without draw, good luck getting set up.

Iā€™ve been toying with a Second Coming of the Can oā€™ Whupass deck, that uses SMC to speed it up, but Iā€™m not finding the right mix, yet.

I also found this to be true. So much of my time was spent trying to fit money into the deck that I ended up with basically just some Iā€™ve Had Worse and Earthrise Hotels. The rest of the time Iā€™d have to be clicking for cards.

Sorry but I didnā€™t understand: is the Compile/Femme Fatale interaction working with the Ice currently being encountered?

No, Compile + Femme doesnā€™t work how you want it to. Compile triggers on encounter, so then you fetch your Femme. Femme then works on encounter, but youā€™ve already passed that trigger. You could Femme a different piece of ice, of course (maybe that innermost Tollbooth youā€™ll hit after the current ice).

Itā€™s similar to Supplier rulings in the past, if youā€™re familiar. If you install a Daily Casts with The Supplier, you donā€™t get the 2 creds off DC immediately because it wasnā€™t active at the moment your turn began.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot for the clarification!

1 Like

As someone who actually played Noise Mill, using Progenitor+Gravedigger+Virus Breeding Groundā€¦ Iā€™m not seeing anything that really gets me excited to try it. The draw is the issue. Currently Iā€™ve been having the most success with Sunny if I want to play NetInstaller. Iā€™ll still put together a Virus deck but it probably wonā€™t be based around Gravedigger. (Hivemind+Chakana spam looks much more appetizing.)

Draw and actually getting into servers are the issues that none of the current viruses really solve.

RE: Compileā€¦
I didnā€™t even notice that it pulls from Heap when I put in my review. Iā€™m fairly certain this card is bonkers, and the only thing that can hold it back is that the Bottom Of Your Deck is the least-accessible place in Netrunner, besides ā€˜Removed From The Gameā€™ā€¦ Of note is that you donā€™t have to fetch an icebreaker with Compile, which can conceivably open up silly Brahman combos. Compile into an SMC is probably one of the least-efficient things you can do, but it does workā€¦ Iā€™m intrigued!

Having tried it out a bit more, Iā€™m finding that Iā€™m running too much to make any use of Gravedigger. Between Freedom, (multiple) Imp(s), and normal trashing I can churn through cards in all four clicks on either RnD or HQ in any ice-lite corp (and even some bigger ice suites due to Trypano). That said, there are times when I could have pulled it out with SMC and didnā€™t because I wanted to run, and chose a different optionā€¦ maybe I should just try it and see if it has legs instead of succumbing to my desire to run for all those virus tokens I get for a successful run.

2 Likes

Is it weird that I consider that a good thing? :sunglasses: