Whizzard Oracle "string theory" deck

Singularity does not stop Ash’s trace firing (though the Corp may decide they have better things to do than rez Ash to run a trace to give you a brain damage when they know they’ll lose Ash and anything he’s defending to archives anyway.)

I am thinking about doing something crazy and cutting the hostage and something else for two quality times. I have found that the duggers turn is the biggest turning point in the early game. You’ll likely get mostly everything you need from using it once or twice, but if you don’t get duggers early you are stuck single-drawing over and over throwing away frame jobs. Having two mini-duggers that only take one click could help speed up the rig setup, though I also worry about the 3c cost.

I don’t know if the cost of getting Oracle out later and one less double is worth it though. There really isn’t anything else to cut unless I want to downgrade the breakers.

I did not think about this! though, to be fair, neither has any of the players I’ve faced…
Regardless: I think singularity, while obviously extremely niche, is more versatile than a third frame job.

the original list I tried had something along these lines; it’s ok, but as oracle is you main source of “steady” income, the 3 cr cost can be a big hurdle. i found myself clicking to draw with QT(s) in hand, simply because it was more efficient that clicking for money to spend on QT. If you can land a few early econ cards, the QTs do improve the flow a lot, but… well, like everything with this crazy deck, you have to decide which gamble you want to take.

1 Like

I offset the cost of QT somewhat by swapping the Blackmails for infiltration. I must have horrible luck, but I loathe early Oracles. Installing Oracle seems to magically draw my expensive breakers to the top of the stack. If I get an early oracle, I tend not to use her unless I have a retrieval run in hand and archives is open. Same thing with Injects. A first click QT followed by as many econ operations as you can play and dumping doubles for later Power Nap food doesn’t seem like a bad first turn.

STARLIGHT CRUSADE FUNDING!

I have had some success with a version that incorporates some of the advice from the thread, but also drops Power Nap and some of the extra doubles in favor of Special Order and Test Run to make everything a bit smoother. Infiltration helps against PE, and Scrubbed is super helpful against RP (to cancel ELP).

Here is mine: http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/11295/wizbiz-oracle

O & C is out, and along with it a new version of WizBiz! Wouldn’t you just know it, it’s an Eater deck. In some ways it seems like a very similar deck, but the heart is the same: run super powerful events and a lightweight but powerful rig, and burn the Corps’ House down around them. Take a look over at NRDB or here on stimhack and let me know what you think, or take the deck for a spin and let me know how it performed!

Just 1 Eater and 1 tutor (Test Run) make me wonder how soon you can get it out and start Keyholing…