Why Not Notoriety?

The thing with notoriety that makes it such a hard include in any list as others have said is deck space. Influence aside, if you aren’t on a very slim econ engine such as Magnum Opus, you don’t really have space for it.

Played this a couple of times but I think the false echo ddos deck is better.

Here @vinegarymink and I discuss just how powerful a notoriety deck can be

4 Likes

I think. Notorious B.A.G. is pretty good. It can apply pressure while building up. The crux of playing it is deciding whether and/or when to just start ignoring the Corp and get your combo online.

On the other hand, I haven’t played it in a while, and its ability to apply early pressure may be hurt by all the Turing out there right now.

That’s why you play a Zu (or a Gordian). And Vamp :stuck_out_tongue:

Then you lost to NEH because you didn’t slottheclot

Pulling out clot from a SMC a full turn that you lose on your big turn and at best, it’s gonna slow down NEH by a single turn. The issue isn’t NEH being able to chain-astro, but not being able to stop NEH scoring their first two agendas behind wraparound and another binary ICE without slowing down the combo turn by 3 if not 4 turns.

If you think having a clot + clone chip is gonna make your fastro matchup better, you are delusional.

Yeah I had a Gordian in mine. Gordian is probably quite important now with Archangel. Getting Bagbiter sent to the hand would be a serious problem! :open_mouth:

It cost less to just pay the trace once than pulling out a Gordian with smc then pay to break.

1 Like

Just played Notorious BAG last night on casual OCTGN. Surprisingly effective - though it’s a little scary playing 3 turns of Mopus solitaire.

I suppose rushing and Caprice on HQ are the best defense. I doubt Crisium could really stop the big turn - but it makes you use all 7 clicks.

Any though to cutting Fall Guy and Vamp and adding Sneakdoor to deal with Caprice on HQ?

The version they discussed is a bit outdated.
I doesn’t play fall guy anymore and it’s usually a 10 clicks turn, not 7.

The caprice hate is probably gonna be Councilman or Political Operative, but the card is not out yet. Having caprice on HQ in fear of the big turn is probably not a good idea anyway, because it means your deck doesn’t have Caprice on your remote anymore, so no way to stop the remote lock vs an Opus / Faust deck.

Yeah, I figured Caprice on HQ would make remote scoring difficult. Double Turing over Ash maybe, but good luck. (lol, play Gordian just to counter that circumstance).

Timing question. Can you Hyperdrive at the beginning of your turn, then clone another Hyperdrive and do that, or must they both be installed? I only ask because sometimes I had Faust, Lady, and Zu all out, one resting on Leprechaun. I know it’s unusual and unnecessary to have breakers on Leprechaun, but just want to up my rules knowledge.

Lastly, current list? This deck seems so different and so good, is there a thread for it yet?

They must both be installed before the beginning of your turn trigger.

Notorious B.A.G.

Chaos Theory: Wünderkind (Cyber Exodus)

Event (18)

Hardware (2)

Resource (5)

Icebreaker (5)

Program (10)

15 influence spent (max 15)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Old Hollywood

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

That’s my latest list. Faster on setup and can make a big turn as early as turn 6 if you have the perfect opening, usually happens around turn 7-10.

4 Likes

Express Delivery! You wily Belgian dog. I guess if it gets you there faster. I don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t hit Opus or Hostage/Theo in the first ten cards. Peddler could be better, though hitting a Hostage when you need it equals sad face.

Love the NACH. I lived in perpetual fear of Breaking News, and all the tag shenanigans in general.

Mass Install is really all in - wouldn’t it be better as a QT?

Yes. It speed you up an entire turn.

1 Like

No Quality Time can’t possibly be right

1 Like

Feel free to remove Chameleon for Mimic and Express Delivery for QT then ;).

I piloted a similar list to 3rd place in an ANRPC event, but wasn’t happy with its inability to handle fast advance on a bad draw. I’ve occasionally played a similar deck with a different payload:

Theory of Chaos Theory

Chaos Theory: Wünderkind (Cyber Exodus)

Event (15)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit) ••
3x Notoriety (Trace Amount)
3x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Stimhack (Core Set) ••
3x Vamp (Trace Amount) ••••• •

Hardware (5)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (3)
1x Sacrificial Construct (Core Set)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (4)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)
1x Chameleon (The Underway)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead)

Program (13)
1x Clot (The Valley) ••
3x Hyperdriver (The Underway)
1x Keyhole (True Colors) •••
2x Leprechaun i[/i]
3x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to The Underway

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

The idea is very similar - use multiple Hyperdrivers to have a big big turn (in this case, Vamp, Keyhole, and Notoriety) - but the deck can also do typical Shaper tricks to slow the corp down, and can steal agendas before it’s fully set up. Loads of fun. Really mean.

Already posted this cutie in the PrePaid Kate thread, but figured this belongs here as well:

Went 5-1, winning 5 games against Foodcoats in London SC. Came 11th/78,and would have made the cut if I hadn’t fucked up my last corp game.

Cheeky Notoriety Kate, the Foodcoats Slayer, 11th London SC

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (20)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Escher (Creation and Control)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit) [color=#4169E1]••[/color]
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
3x Lucky Find (Double Time) [color=#708090]••••• •[/color]
1x Notoriety (Trace Amount)
1x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
1x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)

Hardware (11)
2x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (5)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
1x Film Critic (Old Hollywood)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (5)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)
1x Gordian Blade (Core Set)
1x Mimic (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]•[/color]

Program (5)
1x Clot (The Valley) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]
1x D4v1d (The Spaces Between) [color=#FF4500]••••[/color]
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Old Hollywood

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.