Winning Decklists: Berkeley 1/26/14 Tournament

Originally published at: Winning Decklists: Berkeley 1/26/14 Tournament - StimHack

All new tournament winning decklists will now be hitting the forums for discussion. Think these decks are strong, bad, strange, defines a new archetype? Let us know what you think.

Berkeley Tournament True Colors tournament winning decklists.

Kitman Parasite (Berkeley Tournament Winner)
Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

Event (13)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Escher (Creation and Control)
3x Indexing (Future Proof)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)

Hardware (8)
3x Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core Set)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (9)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (6)
3x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set) •

Program (9)
3x Datasucker (Core Set) •••
3x Parasite (Core Set) ••••• •
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

Making News FA – Operations/Ice Economy
NBN: Making News (Core Set)

Agenda (12)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Breaking News (Core Set)
2x Character Assassination (Opening Moves)
1x Gila Hands Arcology (Creation and Control)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)

Upgrade (3)
3x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (12)
3x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set) •••
3x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (5)
1x Ice Wall (Core Set) •
2x Paper Wall (Mala Tempora)
2x Wall of Static (Core Set)

Code Gate (8)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)
2x RSVP (True Colors)
3x Viper (Cyber Exodus) •••

Sentry (6)
1x Archer (Core Set) ••
3x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead) ••••• •
2x Dracō (What Lies Ahead)

Thanks for sharing these

Indexing seems like a misfit in Kit decks. What if they have one ice on R&D and you index them but can’t get in a second time?

Interesting that you are only running one Code Gate breaker, but I’m surprised it is Yog.0, since the Parasite, Atman, and Yog.0 all make you dependent on Datasuckers, this seems like an undiverse and vulnerable choice to focus in. You’re going all-in the Datasucker synergy, but also being vulnerable to being crippled by not drawing them or having them trashed. I suppose your Clone Chips and Self-Modifying Codes are there to lower the chance of that being totally unrecoverable.

I think Atman is in general an unusual choice for a Kit deck, but I’ve never actually gotten into Kit, sadly.

kit ice destruction… ive played against a few of these and once they get the sucker tokens you are done. she simply destroys all the problematic ice that spoof her ability and then walks into your centrals. you get purge locked where you have to purge but cannot because she has at least one central you cannot keep her out of so purging does nothing.

NBN certainly is making the rounds. i still like to find room for cyberdex trial. you can create some nice scoring windows purging away datasucker tokens.

Cool to see a Kit list at the top!

Indexing is weird here, especially without Tinkering to set up the second run. I’m pretty nervous to run Professional Contacts economy against NBN these days as well, since you’re always one Breaking News / Character Assassionation from losing Contacts and taking a huge tempo hit.

I’d have to test the deck before saying for sure but I really miss having Stimhack in here to fund the initial SMC + Yog.