Winning Decklists: Monroeville, PA Store Championship 2014

Originally published at: Winning Decklists: Monroeville, PA Mr. Nice Guy Games Store Championship 2014 - StimHack

Discuss the latest tournament winning decklists here:

Runner: Shaper: Rielle “Kit” Peddler

3 Scavenge
1 Escher
2 Dirty Laundry
3 Sure Gamble
3 Test Run
1 Levy AR Lab Access

2 The Personal Touch
3 R&D Interface
3 Plascrete Carapace
2 Akamatsu Mem Chip
3 Clone Chip

3 Professional Contacts
3 Kati Jones

3 Self-Modifying Code
1 Yog.0
3 Parasite
2 Datasucker
1 Femme Fatale
3 Atman

Corporation: Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future

2 Priority Requisition
3 Project Vitruvius
1 Project Ares
3 Accelerated Beta Test

3 Hedge Fund
3 Beanstalk Royalties
3 Restructure
3 Biotic Laboratory
1 Celebrity Gift

3 Adonis Campaign
3 Jackson Howard
1 Corporate Shooter
1 Melange Mining Corp

2 Rototurret
2 Ichi 1.0
3 Tollbooth
3 NEXT Bronze
2 Enigma
3 Eli 1.0
2 Heimdall 2.0
2 Heimdall 1.0

Deck owner here. Two clarifications: there was only 1 Project Ares in the Haas deck, and the store this took place at was Mr. Nice Guy Games, at the Monroeville Mall.

1 Like

@Karrius Solid Kit build, like it. Got a question though:

Why is PT better than Dino here? Is it because of the reverse order (although you’re already running Scavenge, so it seems to me like moving stuff into Dino wouldn’t be that big of a deal), because you frequently find you need to augment two different programs by +1 (like, a Yog and a Femme), is it a meta call to make hardware destruction hurt less, or is it something else entirely?

All of the above! The scavenges are pretty precious but if it was just the order reason I likely wouldn’t need them. Upgrading an Atman or a Femme isn’t entirely out of the question, but honestly the biggest reason was to work around Power Shutdown. I know at least a third of the players ran it, and it was a big worry for me. Despite this, I still ended up losing my yog in a game! Economy was also a concern, and being able to play personal touches in smaller chunks I felt was safer. If someone chose to run the same deck with Dino instead of PT, I don’t think they’d necessarily be wrong, just different.

The HB deck was basically built to be as solid as possible, no real tricks or gimmicks. I made it two nights before hand and heavily modified it an hour before, just wanting something very KISS.

The Kit deck I realizes need more testing. I want to look into things like Notoriety, tossing out Professional Contacts, maybe replacing Atman with some other icebreakers (although room is SO tight), finding some other money sources… unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to play as much as I wanted with it before hand.