Worlds 2014 - Top 16 Decklists

That’s a bit of a strawman. We’re talking about people who shortcut, not people who fail to announce their actions.

1 Like

isnt this the same thing? if one side is confused, then its some kind of shortcut/being unclear. note that above situation happened to me in tournament play on store champs.

on stream it is way harder to interpret some things due to camera, not hearing guys etc. this is why some guys are better to watch than the others. i wish important broadcast that may promote game was played calmer and more ‘pro’ than it was (i got that, there should be no clock for finals ffg!). anyway taking dice box cap as a tag marker, then forgot to move it away or not declaring clicks is just unneeded rush :wink:

[quote=“prozz, post:113, topic:2218”]
isnt this the same thing? if one side is confused, then its some kind of shortcut/being unclear.
[/quote] If you are confused just ask the person what they did. If I was playing a rabid rabbit (see: @mediohxcore) I would stop after his turn and ask him, “so, what did you do there?” - or, if I would interrupt him mid turn if I didn’t understand what happened to his credits. But, if I’m following along and he is announcing what’s he’s doing then we are all good.

4 Likes

what im trying to say is that its not f word octgn with log and such things as clear communication is just good sportmanship. we are not playing chinese whispers or something. read @jerklin post above. he seem like a native speaker and says what im thinking :wink:

1 Like

That’s what I’m talking about. Taking multiple actions that change the state of the board and combining them together without at least verbally declaring them each individually. It’s not difficult to declare them verbally and not much slower. I guess it’s required to play as fast as possible at a competitive level though as Dan mentioned he would have lost on time without playing aggressively, and badgering his opponents to play aggressively at times. This is a shame because the correct response to that behavior is probably to slow the game down even more by asking your opponent lots of questions about their actions and taking your time to clearly define your own. Then you have two people probably acting like complete assholes to each other by the end of the game in order to do whatever it takes to win.

Hopefully FFG will allow more time in the game, and also define how many components of the game you can skip while playing.

5 Likes

Oh man would it be easy to troll @mediohxcore IRL. :smile:

wait 30 seconds
"click to draw"
wait 15 seconds
"click to draw"
wait 30 seconds
"click for credit"
wait 1 minute
"…draw"

2 Likes

The table flipped LOOOONG before that 3rd draw.

4 Likes

Sheee-it. I give you one turn of that, and I’m calling the judge.

Timmy’s Gabe, Worlds 3th:

7 Likes

I love those aggregate decks, they’re always interesting. I think it should be it’s own thread though since it’s not an actual top 16 decklist and people might be confused.

1 Like

I’ve got nothing against separating it as another thread, I’m always shy to make one myself. :slight_smile:

Started new topic.

1 Like

These look like Ben’s decks, not Andy’s.

2 Likes

A Whole turn? Good god, I wouldn’t last half that turn before I lost my mind and called a Judge.

Those were not Andy Shebuski’s decks

Ah ok, found them labelled as Andy’s on akoo. Was Andy running scorched NEH?

Yes. 20chars

Also, he had Opus in his Andy

1 Like

Pretty sure he ran 3 Siphons, too.

1 Like

So how many Jacksons were there in the top 16 in total? I think I saw one list that was only running 2, but I think all the others had 3. 47/48?

2 Likes