Worldwide Regional Results

I’ve seen this deck in action. It’s scary! You either have to be able to trash the Aryabatas quickly or have currents to keep the Media Blitz out of action (so they can trigger Restructured Datapool when it’s stolen). That, or be okay on 0 credits, which is not easy.

3 Likes

Top 8 from London with ID’s, 6th dropped. 77 players day two happening today.

2 Likes

[quote=“tzeentchling, post:506, topic:7252”]
You either have to be able to trash the Aryabatas quickly or have currents to keep the Media Blitz out of action
[/quote]I’m not sure if he actually played Media Blitz, in the game against me, he simply kept me quite poor by using taxing ice and sniping ProCo with BN, then when I stole Restructured Datapool in an R&D dig, he gave me one tag by barely winning a SEA Source trace, played Exchange of Information to take Datapool to his score area and then things went south for me. If it was Media Blitz, I’d have way better chances as at least I’d keep the points.

Salzburg, Austria (11 players):

1. Adam B. Noise/NEH
  2. Patrik K. Whizzard/NEH
  3. Daniel B. Whizzard/NEH
  4. Markus K. Whizzard/Sol
1 Like

Varberg, Sweden (not Switzerland @dodgepong ;P) 12 players:

1. Jafet Valdez Leela/BaBW
  2. Andreas Svärdman Whizzard/SYNC
  3. Tommy Rosén Whizzard/Titan
  4. Fredrik Jansson Geist/SYNC

Final standings in London (~78 players)

1. Brendon Jackson: Sol/Geist
  2. Ben Ni: NEH/Kate
  3. Alex White: IG/Hayley
  4. Laurie Poultry: IG/Hayley
  5. David Rogers: Palana/Andy
  6. Seamus Macleod: Argus/Kit
  7. Samuel Pay: Palana/Jez
  8. Johnathan Lockhart: Palana/Whiz
4 Likes

@dodgepong don’t know if you saw my post on Slack, but Ryan (#8) was on Sync Andromeda if you’re tracking this.

1 Like

Regional Ulm was won by rootserveradmin with Argus and Jesminder (!!!). Runner-up was Whizz/NEH I believe. Will ask the TO for complete standings.

Wow I have to hear how Geist made it through a cut with 2 IG. Must be an incredible player, props

By not playing either of them :wink:

7 Likes

I figured that was the case, just wanted to bait the proof. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Have you got a deck list? I’m a big fan of AryTech but the only deck I’ve been able to get it working in is a degenerate Museum/Broadcast/Manhunt monstrosity.

1 Like

@PeekaySK said he is going to be offline most on this week but once he’s back home he’ll post the decklist. The final game where he won with this deck against my Kate was recorded, I’ll let you know when it’s uploaded.

4 Likes

To the extent it matters, I picked to run in my first game in the hopes I’d be able to corp against the IG players (and I thought my runner matchup was very strong against Palana). I did end up playing Laurie’s runner, and you can see on stream how that turned out. If he’d been playing IG it would have gone very differently (I imagine not so dissimilar from his runner match against Alex White’s IG, also on stream!).

I wouldn’t read too much into Geist; I got lucky to see almost nothing but kill decks and Palana during Swiss. Had I seen NEH FA, which was more representative of the field, I’d not have made the cut.

7 Likes

I GOT IT RIGHT THIS TIME, COME ON

Thanks everyone for reporting so far. Any info on Eindhoven, Netherlands or Hobart, Australia?

2 Likes

Eindhoven 10 players. Going top 4. Holland is blue again, Crim everywhere.

I didn’t get the final results

Valencia regional results.
6th was playing Palana and Hayley.

1 Like

In more ways than one!

1 Like

Iirc last year Valencia was also the Runner id that won. So I guess playing her is the right meta call there or that Valencia players are more motivated while playing in Valencia :grin: