Worst Predictions Ever

I thought that Turing was going to be the weakest of the Breaker Bay ice quartet : X

2 Likes

I predicted immediately that nothing on MWL Tier 3 would ever be played again, effectively banning those cards.

Little did I know, BigBoy was perfectly willing to spend 6 Influence on cards that win games.

Silly me.

7 Likes

I had some discussions about MWL T3… Boils down to:
Will still get played: Sifr, Rumor Mill, Faust (Even one of these cards is enough to change the game.)
Will not get played: DDOS, Blackmail, Sensie (These cards need to be 3x in order to realistically impact the game.)

Three or six influence is spendable, but 9 isn’t. I think there might still be a Val build that pulls in a Blackmail, though, simply because it’s the best thing you can do with Bad Pub. I also have a nagging thought that some NEH or CTM will play 1x Sensie just because… (You can make a Yellow deck spending almost no influence anyway, so…)

Back on topic, I know I must’ve been wrong in the past, but I can’t really think of any specific time? I think I might’ve predicted Hivemind Virus rigs that have never materialized…?

2 Likes

I underestimated Temmy J a bit too - I thought, even if you install+run+run+run, that’s netting you 8$, which is Day Job money. And Day Job isn’t fantastic because it takes an entire turn.

I guess the ability to access really boosts its strength. Would have liked to have seen it been based off of 3$ instead of 4$ (so, 3 to install, still 5 charges, gain 3$ each time).

Diamond Fairchild’s lack of a facecheck makes it ideal for AoT, as pre-rezzing ice removes an ice’s facecheck penalty ability anyway. So you should totally try it! :slight_smile:

I still run 2 sensie in my CTM deck. sadly, GFI an Breaking News eat up the other 6 influence.

I wrote a review for Doppleganger right after MWL 1 that suggested Criminals wouldn’t run Desperado because they were too tight on influence. Turns out that card was still busted.

So… No Commercial Bankers, no SSCG? If only HHN was on MWL T1, I’d consider it a fair deck…

I’m trying 1x Sensie in NEH because 1) I still have 14 more influence and 2) people aren’t necessarily going to check every remote for sensie anymore. I find Whizzards still find and trash it a lot of the time though :.

This is embarrassing.

Early in the game’s life I had the impression that Anarch would remain the jank/casual/oddball faction. Shaper would have good rigs, Crim would be rich/denial and Anarch would be the home of strange Nasir-esque strategies that were fun/interesting but not competetive.

1 Like

Huh. I remember Noise and Anatomy of Anarchy being pretty real decks back in the day. I think a lot of people chose Andy/Kate for consistency, though.

i mean, I’m usig corporate sales team instead of beale. I have to leave a bunch of agendas I remotes and telegraph them if I want to score out. That seems like a fair deck to me.

This was super early in the game’s life, before any archetypes really took hold.

I think it could be a fair assumption seeing how they introduced the faction with Noise.

Fairchild - Have played it many times. It’s a massive brick wall basically, and really stops a runner form attacking a server with only this ice on it. One alone will slow a runner.

On more than one occassion I’ve shut a temuin sec testing, run on archives with this bad boy. You never have to put another ice down again. Of course, you have to pick where you put it down, as it’s so costly to rez, but basically just think the runner isn’t going that way for a long time.