CT String Theory/Doubles/Oracle May (It works)

Please don’t forget that this is just being tested right now and a work in progess. I was just evaluating a constant HQ threat over the possible May blow. And it’s working pretty good so far to be honest. As I already mentioned, Legwork is without doubt the superior card in this deck overall, but handling Influence is really hard in this deck and I’m trying a lot of things here. You may just play one Legwork if you think this is better and sufficent HQ threat.

My friend has been tooling around with a Noise Power Nap deck. Quite fun with Duggars, but will shine even more with some of the O&C IDs. The current ones just don’t really have as much synergy with it.

a friend of mine is running a chaos theory deck with personal workshops and stimhacks and pushs out huge ice. it did really good against me until i figured it out and used “targeted marketing” for stimhack. if i hadn’t drawn targeted early enough he would have set up a full rig in about 4 turns, and thats pretty nuts considering he is pushing out rams and inti’s

i love seeing CT decks but i find she relies a lot on levy. and if you play jinteki and you lose you levi’s it’s going to be a really hard game.

“…and intis…”

Dat stimhack savings.

2 Likes

I have been wanting to build an Anarch Doubles deck for a long time; they just need some good in-faction Doubles…

You don’t usually play the in-faction doubles; they’re just fodder for the Nap.

Identity:
1x Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core)

Event: (25)
3x Deja Vu (Core)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) ■■■
3x Queen’s Gambit (Double Time)
3x Singularity (Double Time)
3x Power Nap (Double Time) ■■ ■■ ■■
3x Lucky Find (Double Time) ■■ ■■ ■■
3x Frame Job (Opening Moves)
3x Sure Gamble (Core)
1x Vamp (Trace Amount)
2x Scrubbed (The Spaces Between)

Hardware: (2)
2x Grimoire (Core)

Program: (12)
2x Crypsis (Core)
2x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
3x Parasite (Core)
3x Datasucker (Core)
1x Keyhole (True Colors)
1x Corroder (Core)

Resource: (6)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
3x Duggar’s (First Contact)

3 Likes

Do you get embarrassed that you even have Frame Job in the deck, though?

Frame job could be useful in rare circumstances (shi kyu, domestic sleepers) and works as fodder. Queens Gambit is underrated and underplayed. I use it often and it really makes a difference in Anarch… it’s like a 0 influence lucky find in most games.

4 Likes

I’d be tempted to go with Reina and go hard on the Vamp angle. Seems to me that’s the best way to get the most out of devoting your influence to making a tonne of cash.

1 Like

Wow… I think I have to troll people on OCTGN with this later.

I’m tempted to squeeze a Blackmail in there since there’s already Frame Job and SOT.

1 Like

I can’t figure out why Frame Job isn’t a thing. I’m sad that Singularity doesn’t work on Caprice. Queens Gambit is really good, but can go hilariously wrong. The biggest problem with QG is that you should only get away with playing one of them per game.

Is Noise good enough that this isn’t better out of Reina or Quetzal? I guess you’re rich enough that Whizzard isn’t important.

Power Nap costing 2 inf just makes me a bit sad. I guess it might be important in the fullness of time, but at the moment it just seems like an unnecessary weight on this sort of unusual, fun but not really high power deck archetype.

I’ve played QG in 2 tournaments and only had 1 “oppsie poopsie” moment where an RP player put a card in a remote unadvanced so I QG it to find it was a Nisei Mk 2. It keyed me into his agenda flood, but I basically scored his best agenda for him.

And if the opponent wants to rez everything they play more power to them. I’d rather have them tilt their hand because of a card I played than play the card again in most cases.

1 Like

Yeah, I recommended Vamp to him. Great way to dump that cash in.

Deck doesn’t run a ton, but Reina may be the way to go. As I noted earlier, there’s a Runner coming in O&C that is perfect for this deck. :metal:

1 Like

But imagine how great it would be if there were Doubles you actually wanted to play when you drew them!

I am also a huge fan of QB; always have been. I agree it’s underplayed; er’body too scared.

I have zero imagination.

Which would be the reason why the correct amount to put into a deck is two copies (barring Power Nap insanities). You usually get it fast enough and don’t mind holding onto it until it’s perfect to play (because you’re unlikely to get flooded by your spare copy).

Not my favoritest of anarch money cards by any stretch, but definitely seems better than Lucky Find, what with the current upgrade-infused meta.

edit re: QG oopsie moments. Turn one, NEH slaps down a facedown card. I really needed the bankroll to start the RnD rape, so I QGed it. Turns out it was an Astro masking as a SanSan :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Its useful more often than that.

For example - anytime you can trade a 1 point agenda for a 3 point via blackmail…

Problem is, though - these days, unrezzed ICE is less of a scoring inhibitor than Caprice/Ash/Nisei tokens are.

You were losing that game regardless.

3 Likes

Queens gambit is awesome, especially vs RP.

1 Like