Official Tournament Winning Decklists Page

I’ve noticed IQ to be quite good, especially in an opener, ice ice hedge, 3 to rez, then keep up hand size to irritate yog, and absolutely piss off zu.13.

Also if you’re not running LF and QG in RAM, you need to get ya head inspected. I got a cool 12 off QG this weekend.

The Queen’s Gambit is pretty great, I used it for 12c against an RP Grail list too. Pretty unlikely a naked remote’s going to be an agenda :smiley:

Though now I’m thinking of what to drop to fit in 1x Clot. I tried out 47 cards, but it didn’t make much difference, might go down to 45 again. Perhaps -1 Knifed for the clot til the dust settles for the newer meta?

I’m at 46 with the 3rd imp, I could straight swap it for clot or go to 47…unsure how I’ll deal with it.

45 has lots of advantages:

(1) it’s divisible by 5, so it’s easy to pile shuffle and count
(2) it’s the smallest number that’s not illegal for this ID
(3) stop using this ID to justify lazy deckbuilding
(4) fuck all yall

21 Likes

46+ has an advantage that trumps all those though:

(1) troll dan

20 Likes

I’m pretty certain that 47 is better for that.

9 Likes

I’ve managed to take 2 stores this season:
1st
card pool: up to The Source
event: Store Championship
players: 15
location/store: Planszak
city: Wrocław
date: 15.02.2015
winner: Krzysztof Grodecki
with standard neh and andymedium

Neh went undefeated and i never drew any medium.

2nd
card pool: up to O&C
players: 20
location/store: Cube
city: Poznań
date: 28.03.2015
winner: Krzysztof Grodecki
with regass MaxX and Ash HBFA with Sherlock in it. This time MaxX was undefeated (with 4-0 against astrobiotics and wins over polish tennin and killing blue sun). I was experimenting with MaxX for some time, tried swaping some cards (dayjobs, injects, scavenge, etc.) and even going over 45 (which I felt was never worth it). In the end I just put spooned for one knifed. It is by far the most fun runner deck I’ve played. Thanks Dan!

HB is a typical flavour of the month HB, Sherlock did his job with locking the rnd against calimsha Kate so i guess it is a good ice?

2 Likes

Seems kinda weird, coming from the person who posted a decklist of 60 cards with a comment of “Somebody cut 10 cards [and] make the econ work” :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, what @bblum said.

7 Likes

card pool: Order and Chaos
players:16
location/store: Battleground Games and Hobbies
city: Plainville, MA
date: 3/29/2015
winner:Matthew Schreiner

Leela Patel: Trained Pragmatist

Event (17)
3x Account Siphon
2x Emergency Shutdown
1x Inside Job
2x Legwork
3x Lucky Find ••••• •
2x Special Order
1x Stimhack •
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (5)
1x HQ Interface
3x Logos
1x Plascrete Carapace

Resource (11)
3x Armitage Codebusting
3x Earthrise Hotel
3x Kati Jones
2x Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (11)
1x Breach
2x Cerberus “Rex” H2
2x Corroder ••••
3x Faerie
1x Femme Fatale
1x Mimic •
1x Passport

Program (1)
1x Keyhole •••

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions

Agenda (9)
1x Chronos Project
3x Fetal AI
2x NAPD Contract
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (14)
2x Cerebral Overwriter ••••
1x Chairman Hiro
3x Jackson Howard •••
1x Project Junebug
3x Ronin
3x Shock!
1x Snare!

Operation (12)
2x Celebrity Gift
3x Hedge Fund
3x Mushin No Shin
2x Neural EMP
2x Sweeps Week ••••

Barrier (4)
3x Eli 1.0 •••
1x Wraparound •

Code Gate (4)
2x Lotus Field
2x Yagura

Sentry (6)
2x Komainu
2x Pup
2x Tsurugi

7 Likes

Nice, is this the first Store Champs win for the Chairman in history? Did you win every game by flatline?

3 Likes

I did the math and 90 cards deck is statistically optimal for trolling Dan. And 90 is also divisible by 5, so clearly it’s Tier 1.

10 Likes

It might be Mr. Hiro’s first win yeah haha!. I lost 2 games(as Corp) all day and yes all wins were by flatline.

Can you explain the conditions around using Chairman Hiro if they ever came up? I personally like him, but he never seems to be worth the risk.

The main way was to rez him after the runners fourth click and kill them with ronin and neural emp. It’s a lot to set up but can work since his trash cost is gonna be really high(IMP really hurts this deck). One game I won by the runner having 3 brain damage, I rezzed him and killed with EMP.

He was only stolen once all day. I would sometimes trash him if I found him early or mushin him out to “hide” him:)

2 Likes

I know Chris Hinkes has won one with a similar IG kill deck.

Can you tell us about what Runners you played against? Locally, this kind of net damage deck is at close to 0% win rate as the meta consists of:

• MaxX with 3x I’ve Had Worse and Levy
  • Kate with Deus X recursion and Levy
  • Andy with Security Testing and 1x Feedback Filter

I played Gabe, Maxx, Kate and Nasir. My two loses were to two Kate decks, Deus X kept me from getting the kill. Didn’t see any feedback filters, that make the kill hard as well. It’s not the best deck but it’s fun to play. I have been playing Leela and IG since they came out and wanted to try and make them both work.

Won my first Store Championship!

card pool: up to O&C
players: 26
location/store: Trotta’s Hobbies
city: Barnegat, NJ
date: 3/29/2015
winner: Brendan H.

I played BreakerMaxX (AKA Reg Ass MaxX, trying to get a new name for this deck going sorry Dan) and Grail RP. Lists and then a few highlights from the day.

Grailpy

Agenda (9)
1x Chronos Project
2x NAPD Contract
3x Nisei MK II
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (13)
2x Daily Business Show ••
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Mental Health Clinic
2x PAD Campaign
3x Sundew

Upgrade (3)
3x Caprice Nisei

Operation (6)
2x Celebrity Gift
3x Hedge Fund
1x Interns

Barrier (6)
2x Ashigaru
3x Galahad •••
1x Markus 1.0 •

Code Gate (6)
2x Lotus Field
3x Merlin •••
1x Quandary

Sentry (5)
3x Lancelot •••
2x Pup

Other (1)
1x Excalibur

BreakerMaxX (AKA Reg Ass)

Event (14)
2x Déjà Vu
2x I’ve Had Worse
2x Knifed
1x Legwork ••
1x Levy AR Lab Access •••
1x Lucky Find ••
1x Queen’s Gambit
1x Stimhack
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (6)
3x Clone Chip ••••• •
2x Grimoire
1x Plascrete Carapace

Resource (10)
3x Daily Casts
3x Kati Jones
2x Liberated Account
2x Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (6)
2x Corroder
2x Mimic
1x Yog.0
1x ZU.13 Key Master ••

Program (9)
1x D4v1d
2x Datasucker
2x Imp
1x Medium
3x Parasite

-Went with a car of four Philly boys to face off vs. our Jersey rivals at Trotta’s Hobbies. All four of us ended up in the top four, which was kind of lovely and also convenient for everyone! Nobody had to wait around. Shout out to @mediohxcore for going to play in Harrisburg and not coming to this tournament, thereby giving we peasants a shot at winning.

-RP went 6-1 and MaxX went 5-2. RP lost to the excellent @bahram’s secret tech Kate deck–Emergency Shutdown! This made Ashigaru quite sad.

-MaxX lost a squeaker to @bahram’s HB deck and to a card-for-card @bblum Blue Sun EBC Glacier deck, piloted by Trotta’s mainstay and gentleman Angel R. I rematched Angel in Winner’s Bracket round 2 and had to face this deck again–ended up playing my favorite game of the day–it was an excellent match, and hopefully will be on Youtube at some point. That game propelled me to the WB finals.

-Played another Philly friend, Anthony N., in Round 5–he’s very new to the game but coming from Magic, has picked ANR up fast and is already a force to be reckoned with. He played Noise–I had the game about locked in with the final Future Perfect advanced and ready to score in my next turn–when I looked down and saw 3 cards left in RD and no Jackson in sight. My heart started racing, knowing that he could easily virus mill me out of the game. I’m pretty sure we both knew it. Click one…draw. He thinks. Thinks some more. Shakes his head. Sigh of relief! Could have lost this one–I needed to have played a little faster.

-The matchup I was most worried about and had prepared the most for was against my good friend Corey A. from our store. I dread his NEH kill deck–it runs 3 Scorch and 2 Snare! It seems like this deck works just as well when you know exactly what Corey is trying to do with it. I’ve never beaten it and in our last SC faceoff he killed me on his turn 2. So that explains the 2 x I’ve Had Worse and 1 x Plascrete in my MaxX deck. Winner’s bracket final we rolled and I had to run–not what I wanted. Drew my starting hand… containing a Sure Gamble, I’ve Had Worse, and the Plascrete. Glorious. Everything went my way this game, I top decked an Astro behind a Pop Up on R&D, and he only had Pop Ups on HQ and RD. I believe I Legworked a turn after, nabbing a Breaking News and an NAPD. I sat back a bit and got my board solidified, and took another poke on HQ with one new ice–it was an Enigma and I had the Clone Chip installed and the Yog in the bin and money in the bank. The next turn I Same Old Legworked into his flooded hand. My first win against this deck and it was when it really counted.

-Corey won the Loser Bracket finals against all-around #1 Philly dude Tom M. (who drove us all over the place that day, thanks again Tom) so we faced off again in the Grand finals. Corey plays the @Calimsha Kate deck. He had to face my RP first, and I felt good about it, as I am heavily teched against Lady (and Stealth Andy to a lesser extent–btw, where are all the Criminals? Hardly any on the day. Only two in top 8. Least powerful faction now?). I had been playing with 1 Chronos Project and I was really hoping to leverage it in this game. Long story short–it was the most amazing Chronos Project I think I’ll ever pull off. I nailed it when his entire deck was in the heap minus 1 card in his stack. I was sure he was going to Levy before I was able to score the CP, because honestly I kind of telegraphed it, and he knows I run one… but he didn’t. At the end of his turn before I scored it Corey said “man, a Chronos Project would really fuck me right now.” And it did. I scored the CP and the color drained from his face. It was sad to do that to a good friend but man did it also feel good. He only had a Lady left with two counters on it and I had Galahads all day long. Turns out he still had a Scavenge and two Same Old Things (and the Levy!) so that game was not 100% over, but he was only able to make single accesses on RD a few times, and was essentially locked out of my remote. There were still a few heart-stopping RD accesses when he could have won off a successful Future Perfect psi game, but I was confident that DBS had kept them at the bottom of the deck, and one was in archives with a Jackson on board. I drew the final NAPD that I needed to win and nailed the victory.

Thanks to everyone on Stimhack forums for all the great insight and feedback and games on OCTGN. I love this shit.

8 Likes

Glad someone local got in a win to qualify for the SSCI, Brendan. Now we just have to get Tom and Corey to play the LCQ so I can do shameless features of the hometown heroes on the tournament stream!

No one is going to rename my deck this time. I made the mistake of not coming up with a good name for RP Glacier (or Stealth Andy I guess) and I’m not going to let this one go :smiley:

2 Likes

OK, I’ll just use BreakerMaxX when I’m telling Nana about it, otherwise it stays Reg Ass :wink: