2014 World Championship Report: 1st Place

Are you based in the UK as well?

You need to choose a different name:

2 Likes

Obvious counter:

Weyland Upgrade : Laser Matrix

2 Rez / 5 Trash

The runner can only initiate a run on this on their last click.

“Keep chasing the red dot…”

54MMY
Criminal Runner 40/15
(Hyperintelligent Cyborg Kitten)
Once per turn paw at your dice. This is your new credit total.

10 Likes

An NBN ICE Cat Videos, cannot be broken by AI, sub if the runner has an AI installed lose one click.
Inspired by computers luv them some cat vids

For a game that takes place largely on the internet, there are not nearly enough cats. I think there are more snakes than cats. That is obviously fucked.

5 Likes

How about a ‘Too Many Cooks’ NBN ICE? Would be a severely out-of-date ref. by the time it hit.

2 Likes

At least we know where the cats went.

2 Likes

54MMY sounds both hilarious and fun. So long as Princess Space Kitten isn’t an actual kitten, you should go for it.

Maybe 54MMY would be powerful enough to revive the Doppelgänger, Quest Complete and Notoriety archetype just in time for those cards to leave the rotation!

How about something weird and funky?

Anarch ID 45/0/15

You may not install programs from your grip.

You may install programs from the heap as if they were in your grip.

Built in recursion and synergy with Inject.

Better if it’s:

45/0/15

You may only install programs from your heap.

Otherwise hooooly shit SMC

That’s the point?

What’s the point of having a vanilla ID with a downside?

I don’t see how it’s a downside, actually. Freelance Coding Contract is 1 influence, it makes Caissa playable versus Blue Sun, and Parasite recursion becomes an unholy terror again. Hell, Duggar’s is even in-faction, and maybe people would start playing Faerie out of faction.

Honestly, I think there’s a lot of space to play with given an ability like this.

It’s a downside because if you run, say, Whizzard, you not only get to install things from your heap, but from your grip and stack as well, and get 3 recurring credits to trash stuff with on top of that!

If it’s worded as you did, then they would be limited to the normal methods of installing from the heap.

I’ve got way too many card ideas (sadly none to do with cats), but here are a few of the cooler / wierder effects to template + tweak as you see fit:

Wilhelm (Anarch ID)
45 / 15
Ice accessed in HQ or RND is encountered, the corp must then trash it.

Judgement Day (Shaper event, 4inf)
3c
Additional cost: 3 clicks
Make 7 runs.

Time Siphon / better name (Anarch event, 3inf)
0c, Double
Make a run on a central server, if successful you may force the corp to lose a click at the begginning of their next turn. Take a tag if you do so.

Concepts mean more than the details, my only stipulation is that Shawn Ye Zhongi does the art for judgement day. Otherwise i’ve gotta come and win worlds :smile:

Also, big fan of the only from heap I.D.

The ability to infinitely recur programs is very likely to be extremely degenerate and I’m pretty sure FFG testing will come back saying the same thing if they were ever to test such a card. Cache + Aesops is “Click: Gain 5 Credits” every single turn, and I reckon people will find combos more powerful than that. I’d add a line “Whenever you trash an installed program, remove it from the game.” Even then, I’d expect such an ID to have a significantly worse ratio than 45/15 for influence.

5 Likes

Anarch, 45/10, etc

When you trash a card from HQ or R&D, if the Corporation has at least one copy of that card rezzed and in play, the Corporation must trash that card as well.

Shaper 45/15
Whenever you take at least one point of damage, you may access a face down card or a card from HQ.
“Pain only makes me stronger.”

You may be right. I prefer to err on the side of too good over not good enough (which is all we seem to get for new runner IDs).