5/30 - I'm Board! - Madison, WI Regional - Pre-Registration Available

I have nothing solid to bring this weekend and its really disappointing. Think I’ll be hangin on lifelines because I couldn’t be less happy with my corp decks at the moment and I’m between 3 runner decks, each in a different faction, I don’t know which are the best; they’re all pretty severely handicapped by just the right deck.

Hopin Chrome City is legal and shakes it up.

1 Like

Those are the kind of words that signal a man at the bottom of the bottom, desperate in despair and willing now to turn to any deck that could give him solace.

Don’t do it, @gumOnShoe. Don’t return to the Space Train.

1 Like

I’d bet on it.

1 Like

The thought already occured to me, but clot kills that deck pretty damn dead. I’d need to push it up to 59 cards to have a shot in some games, and that ain’t happening.

I like to think of that as the “goes up to 11” of netrunner.

If it makes you feel better, I’m bringing my crappy (though less crappy with ChiLo cut from it, now) MN tag storm deck.

1 Like

I’m bringing as heavy jank as I can, hoping to ride jank through swiss and play blind in the elims.
(if I even make it)

1 Like

Well, that makes my runner decision easier. Looks pointedly at spinal modem

1 Like

I’ve had no testing or practice time lately due to an unexpected (but awesome) houseguest, so I’m treating this as a tune-up for the MN regional. It should be excellent in that regard since I expect a very high level of competition. It’s kind of funny in light of my ‘good to great’ thread, but that’s just what happens sometimes.

I’m back on the testing wagon starting this week, though, so we’ll see if I can get a few more reps in. A couple of locals have some runner and corp tech that intrigues me, so we’ll see what I end up playing.

From the discussion in the beer snobbery thread, it sounds like there’s at least a bit of interest in doing some pre- and/or post-tournament socializing over beers. This is probably the best thread for planning that!

I’ll be staying within an easy walk of the Old Fashioned and Great Dane. My current plan is to be in Madison on Friday night, so I’ll be hitting Old Fashioned for beers. @spags suggested Great Dane after the tournament on Saturday, which sounds great to me assuming I either miss the cut or the tournament doesn’t run that late.

I’ll also be doing brunch at one of Marahani / Dhaba / Ha Long Bay on Sunday before leaving Madison.

Anyone who’s around is welcome to join all of the above. I’m not sure yet if I’ll be bringing some other Twin Cities runners along, since my usual travel buddies have other commitments and/or are terrified of the WI meta. I believe @xavi will be at the tourney, though.

1 Like

Good gods. We are just human beings! LOL

Team TDP will be up for SAT only. Def. down for some post-tourney consumption, for sure. Wondering how late Old Fashioned serves food…

1 Like

No one has actually said they aren’t going because y’all are too good. I’m just assuming their secret terror is the true reason they’re declining to attend…

1 Like

This is how I’m preparing.

I LIVE! I DIE! I LIVE AGAIN!

MEDIOCRE!

3 Likes

Saw this a second time Sunday night. Fantastic. The whole ‘mediocre’ phrase and Nux/Joe scene with it makes me laugh every time, for obvious @mediohxcore reasons.

1 Like

It’s not a netrunner tournament if you don’t come home with some brain damage.

1 Like

The Old Fashioned serves food until midnight on Saturdays. It’s definitely a great place to grab a beer (excellent selection), and their food (especially their cheese curds) is pretty good too. I might be up for joining as well depending on how late the tourney goes.

1 Like

Sounds like I might be the only one from the Wausau meta coming down, but I plan on crashing overnight so would be in for post tournament drinks.

1 Like

Sadly family obligations are preventing me from showing. The MKE folks will have to do the best they can without me.

1 Like

I just got my notification from I’m Board that they have Chrome City in stock and it is legal for Saturday’s regional. It will be interesting to see if this shakes things up at all.

OH MAN. Now I have to find a way to get there. And yes, I think it will. Haas Smash!

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/1/17299/420044-3952header_new_main3634756.jpg

1 Like

I feel like it’ll at least make people think twice before Stimhacking at every possible opportunity.

True, but I don’t think most people play or rely on stimhack in our meta. Might affect out of towners more. Anyone whose leaning on stimhack probably is also increasing their hand size artificially if its anything more than a 1-of and that is going to hurt the new HB identity anyways.

Time to slot the Feedback filter?