5/30 - I'm Board! - Madison, WI Regional - Pre-Registration Available

Somehow I thought this regional was much closer than it is - hopefully I’ll still be able to come. I’ve decided to no longer bring janky decks: though I’ve done okay with them, I hope I can actually do well with better ones.

Not sure where you’re coming from, but we’re a good few hours out of Chicago (and that depends highly on Chicago traffic).

I’m in Milwaukee - I never got a driver’s license, though - I was too busy at the time most people were getting theirs.

Yeah, figure 1.5 minimum to get out here then. West side of madison makes it more challenging. East side and it could be as little as an hour depending on where you’re hoping on the interstate from and how fast you drive.

I can get to the Greyhound Station at 10:15 - is anyone willing to drive me from there?

Do you know where the station is?

I’m coming up with 2 possibilities:

(I’m board Is up near Q, so it’d affect who was available)

Actually, never mind. I found “Badger Bus”, which has an earlier bus I can take. Thanks for the help.

Badger bus is great, and it’ll drop you off reasonably close to I’m Board! at the campus. If you need a ride from there, let us know. Someone will probably be passing it on the way to I’m Board! (or it will only be slightly out of the way)

If I can get a ride from a regular Stimhacker, that would be great. If anyone is willing, I can PM about the details.

I can confirm that Badger Bus is awesome, used to take it from Milwaukee to Madison when I lived in MKE for school. If you get the double-decker, grab a spot on the top row. You’ll enjoy it.

Regarding the tournament, I can’t wait to lose to you nerds in person. If anyone wants to harass me in person, I’ll be the douchiest-looking guy there. Come at me, bros.

3 Likes

I’m bringing my house of knives playmat. Not playing Jinteki or anything, I just like it. Look for me, I’m usually pretty quiet IRL.

3 Likes

Looking forward to having some fun at this event. I’m Board is a FANTASTIC store. Nice to see some of the MDSN crew, looking to hold serve in WI from those invading IL vikings.

4 Likes

Of course this had to happen on the day I’m moving out of Madison. So bummed I’m not going to be able to make it.

I’m bummed that you’re not going to get to play IT Department against all the out-of-towners.

Count me in on that. :frowning:

@Tr33beard - Why no move Sunday?

My girlfriend needs to catch a bus on Monday, and we wanted a day of padding for the drive.

You’re starting to sound downright responsible and caring. What did you do with my favorite IT Dept player?

1 Like

Hey, no one can click an IT Department 24/7

1 Like

I may be able to pick you up, depending on location and timing.

I’ll be readily identifiable at the tourney. Not sure of shirt choice yet - maybe end the run, maybe Blue Sun, maybe install advance advance - but no matter what, I currently have purple hair.

1 Like

This NEEDS to be the flavor text of a sysop in the game.

5 Likes